State Wants Evidence From Casey's Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The supposed "exculpatory evidence" is there. They are going to claim that the deputy looked in August and didn't see any such bag or white thing or skull. They are going to claim that DC looked in November and did not see any such bag or thing. Etc. Although we can debate the merits of such argument--this is the evidence they are relying
upon.

If that is the evidence the defense is relying on...Casey better start making a list of her pen-pals now. She is definitely up that proverbial creek...

don't want to drift too off-topic here, but it got me thinking with KC's alleged comments about a mistrial....

could JB be deliberately looking for a way to force a mistrial, either by his own arguments or forcing both the SA and Judge into one?

.....then again, I'm reluctant to give him this much credit for thinking ahead...:confused:

The mistrial statement is haunting me. I believe this is the direction this could go. Thank goodness for savvy SA and Judge Stan.

I just remembered, the defense DID do a few depos a long long time ago - I remember Tony L being one, can't remember the others.

How come they never filed them? Guess they didn't provide any "useful information" about Casey's "innocence".... sure would like to see them tho!

I think the others were the towyard employees, Muzik. Do you think the defense will give them to the state, and if so, won't we get to see them?

Also, how about if JB requests the state's depos of GA, CA and LA? If he requests them, won't we get those too?

Oooooo...I can't wait!!! :woohoo:

Hey Muzikman,

Got home and started looking for depositions by Baez again, and did find more, but all related to jail employees or OCSO in relations to those involved at jail on day KC notified body was found and in relations to Kronk.

The only thing I can find on Tony L is that he hired an attorney in anticipation of a deposition by Baez, but after a very tailored google search, can find one reference that states he HAS actually been deposed by Jose. Am I missing something somewhere?

Also, same thing with Amy H. Lots of articles about her hiring an attorney before attending a deposition, a couple articles where Baez is quoted stating "he hopes to depose her in the next few weeks", but can find nothing as a confirmation that these actually took place?

Help?!

I found it, link in post #144 - Tony L, Amscot manager, Johnson's employees depo'd at the end of October - took me a while to find it...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4146769&postcount=144"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - State Wants Evidence From Casey's Defense Team[/ame]

I think the others were the towyard employees, Muzik. Do you think the defense will give them to the state, and if so, won't we get to see them?

Also, how about if JB requests the state's depos of GA, CA and LA? If he requests them, won't we get those too?

Oooooo...I can't wait!!! :woohoo:

I found a news article about it, link in post #144 -

IIRC from news reports at the time, the state had one of their people attend Baez's depos - they may have their own recording, or maybe if nothing new was brought forth they may not see the need to enter it into the record? Not sure...

Baez attended all the Anthony depos done by the state, and may already have his own recording and/or transcript. Sure would like to see them tho! :)

Hi WS
I just got a chance to catch up here.
I was overwhelmed with the Jaycee story.

You guys are good. Thank you for staying on top. :blowkiss:
The more I read the more I shake my head,
IMHO they are gearing up for a mistrial.
Something I have said on several other threads. :(
I still think that on the final hour we will have some surprise, that we do not know yet.
Maybe GA, maybe Lee, but someone will trip. Just my prayer.

Yup! Most of it goes to proving TES was working for the OCSO. The only link to a TES team leader is the drivel from JW. We know how reliable she is! Plus, how do we know she actually worked with TES? That's one thing I'm sure Baez & Co. will look for when they review the 4000 documented searchers. They will be looking for her and for her to be a team leader in a search. The problem here is, that Macaluso mentions a TES team leader and never mentions who that is and yet she's the only link.

For your reading pleasure, here's a link for Joy W's LE interview...

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/19735491/detail.html

It's worth the read!

I reread the JW interview and am just trying to place a date on it. Had they found Caylee by this time? I ask because in the interview JW says she hopes they find her, (page 34) which is confusing because I thought her bringing the photos was to prove that she had pictures showing no water was at the site.

Of particular interest, and I noticed the defense left this out of their brief, JW openly admitted to being baker acted 5 times (page 43 of the interview).

I reread the JW interview and am just trying to place a date on it. Had they found Caylee by this time? I ask because in the interview JW says she hopes they find her, (page 34) which is confusing because I thought her bringing the photos was to prove that she had pictures showing no water was at the site.

Of particular interest, and I noticed the defense left this out of their brief, JW openly admitted to being baker acted 5 times (page 43 of the interview).

I believe that other posters have dated this to after the remains had been discovered. She hauled her photos down to the site and the interview was taken there. She supposedly had pictures of the site and that it had been explored and had been dry.

Fact is, she spent more time spouting stuff about Blanchard Park and the landfill.

She claimed to have personally searched the area in question a lot of times (her numbers are vague) and did not find a body.

The Baker Act comment at the end was for the information of those checking out her report, IMHO.

That's the problem... that's the best the defense has.

As far as Cain goes, he DID lose his job for not checking out the area when Kronk first reported his finding.

I believe that other posters have dated this to after the remains had been discovered. She hauled her photos down to the site and the interview was taken there. She supposedly had pictures of the site and that it had been explored and had been dry.

Fact is, she spent more time spouting stuff about Blanchard Park and the landfill.

She claimed to have personally searched the area in question a lot of times (her numbers are vague) and did not find a body.

The Baker Act comment at the end was for the information of those checking out her report, IMHO.

That's the problem... that's the best the defense has.

As far as Cain goes, he DID lose his job for not checking out the area when Kronk first reported his finding.

The Baker act info is pretty important, but the interview speaks for itself.
Do you think LDB had this brief when she filed the motion to compel the evidence?

The Baker act info is pretty important, but the interview speaks for itself.
Do you think LDB had this brief when she filed the motion to compel the evidence?

IMHO, she probably has it memorized!

:biggrin:

Mentions the August 21st statement by Todd Macaluso in court that they had evidence that the body was placed there when Casey was in jail.

One would think if JB had evidence someone placed Caylee in the woods during KC's time in jail, I would think he would be running to the court with the evidence. I am willing to bet my home he NO evidence anyone but KC put that body there. He can suggest, he can guess, he can try to confuse the jury but I don't think he can produce any FACTS or evidence to prove his claim. So glad the state filed this motion. Kinda like getting caught with tp on your shoe as you get up to present you case................havent they learned $hit really doesn't stick.:)

I think that was an extremely bold move by Mr. TM to state for the record that the defense had proof that the body was placed there while KC was incarcerated. But he said it, now prove it

Notice though, he didn't say he had evidence that KC did NOT kill her. For me, it doesn't matter if someone played hide & seek with the body or the body was never found, KC still killed her. When I say doesn't matter, I mean it doesn't matter as far as finding her guilty of murder.

Thanks RR, I don't actually remember any of eastside's posts so I had nothing to compare with OrlandoEast. But I am pretty confident that CA reads here, whatever her hat is.

Which is exactly why we need a "middle" finger icon.

So we believe that the basis of the defense will be the "fact" that the body was placed there while Casey was jail.

Now, if there was solid proof of that, I would think that LE would have been all over it-after all they could have kept this ball rolling if they actually believed that she had an accomplice.

Face it folks-her story of kidnapping changed. The truth can be embellished, but rarely changes. Was Caylee taken from the park or a non-existent Nanny's apartment? Or was she murdered by her mother and buried with the family pets in material that came from from the Anthony house? Even if you are a conspiracy theorist, there is no way for the defense to get past the physical evidence from the car. Game, set, match. The car was solely controlled by Casey.

Now, given the fact that Cindy sent DCasey to within x number of yards of the body a month before it was found, I would think she would be a prime candidate for the accomplice role. Because she knew, apparently, where her daughter DUMPED her grandchild. I am not trying to be cruel-I would like to believe that there is not a single person in that home who would aid and abet Casey in such an inhuman crime.

But I just don't know.

So since the defense simply duplicated the SA list of witnesses and added two, I have to believe they are focusing on reasonable doubt and the bold statement by TM has something to do with a plant or spore as someone previously noted.

Respectfully snipped, bolded, and highlighted by me

I have a couple of pages left to read, but I do feel compelled to comment now!

I listened to the hearing on August 21 and took the time to transcribe what Macaluso said.

As Your Honor knows, the body of Caylee Marie Anthony was found very close to the Anthony home, and the body was found in a wooded area that if one were to search for a missing child, this is the first place you would go search.

I just can't get past the pompous idiocy of his unsupportable, sweeping declaration about the first place one would go to search for Caylee's remains. If only he'd shared that knowledge with LE, TES, etc, etc., etc., Caylee's remains would have been discovered on day 32!

What I want to know is, has he phoned Satusma and told them where to find little Hayley Cummings? And where should we be looking for that sweet little missing boy in CA? And where we will find... well, you get my point. LOL.

Question ... if JB does not provide the prosecution with evidence to support his claim that Caylee's body was placed at the scene while Casey was in jail, what happens then? Are there any consequences for making a false claim? Or, is it all chalked up to legal wrangling and he gets a superficial slap on the wrist and everyone moves on?

Respectfully snipped, bolded, and highlighted by me

I just can't get past the pompous idiocy of his unsupportable, sweeping declaration about the first place one would go to search for Caylee's remains. If only he'd shared that knowledge with LE, TES, etc, etc., etc., Caylee's remains would have been discovered on day 32!

What I want to know is, has he phoned Satusma and told them where to find little Hayley Cummings? And where should we be looking for that sweet little missing boy in CA? And where we will find... well, you get my point. LOL.

The first time I heard it I thought "did he just say what I think he said???" I'm seriously not okay with some one using this in my defense if I'm fighting to separate myself from evidence just down the road from me.

seriously

Question ... if JB does not provide the prosecution with evidence to support his claim that Caylee's body was placed at the scene while Casey was in jail, what happens then? Are there any consequences for making a false claim? Or, is it all chalked up to legal wrangling and he gets a superficial slap on the wrist and everyone moves on?

He's got evidence. That we don't find it credible much less compelling doesn't prove he doesn't find it to be both, kwim?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back