Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I found where the RAV4 was at least some of the time between 10/31 and 11/05. ;)

11/03/2005 -EVIDENCE/SEIZED- AUTOMOBILES- TOYOTA RAV4 (sport utility) DARK GREEN

on page 3 of this.
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...-Summary-Report-on-Homicide-Investigation.pdf

This has been brought up before, and I think even Zellner has mentioned it in an earlier motion. The "assumption" is that a case was opened on the 3rd when she was reported missing and Colborn was asked to go to Avery's and Zipperer's. After they did that, it was closed and was 'reopened' when the RAV4 was found in the Salvage Yard and the "system" listed it as the 3rd because that's when the original case was opened.

Personally, I don't think it was found on the 3rd, I think the system or whoever put it into their computer system either made a mistake or it defaults to the date of original report, BUT it just shows again how terrible they were with the details. JMO

This has been brought up before, and I think even Zellner has mentioned it in an earlier motion. The "assumption" is that a case was opened on the 3rd when she was reported missing and Colborn was asked to go to Avery's and Zipperer's. After they did that, it was closed and was 'reopened' when the RAV4 was found in the Salvage Yard and the "system" listed it as the 3rd because that's when the original case was opened.

Personally, I don't think it was found on the 3rd, I think the system or whoever put it into their computer system either made a mistake or it defaults to the date of original report, BUT it just shows again how terrible they were with the details. JMO
Yeah who would know really? We wouldn't know anything for sure IMO.
The print date of the pdf. Manitowoc Co Sheriff's Office Summary is 17/03/2016. You would think they would of corrected such an error.

Yeah who would know really? We wouldn't know anything for sure IMO.
The print date of the pdf. Manitowoc Co Sheriff's Office Summary is 17/03/2016. You would think they would of corrected such an error.

I am not sure if they could go back into the system and change it, these are documents that were already part of the record, changing it now would look even more shady LOL Regardless, I think it is just one more thing that shows just how sloppy this investigation was and why there are so many questions. IMO

I don't know how much sense that actually makes, to be honest. Who would design a system that defaults to old dates when it comes to logging, especially on a subject where timing can be everything? Seems like "the system did it" is a blame passing excuse. And makes them look even less trustworthy.
This makes way more sense.
I don't think they found it then either (they probably didn't find it and then report they found it at least), I think this document just demonstrates the are incompetent buffoons.
The previous page lists a female confidential informant. You can see some of her address and they blanked out her date of birth, but didn't blank out her age at all.

I just think it sort of tells you the quality of work they do and it is funny that on one of their own documents they (probably) accidentally filled it out in a way that looks like they framed Steven. But other than this, their investigation was muy perfecto.

Last edited:
I don't know how much sense that actually makes, to be honest. Who would design a system that defaults to old dates when it comes to logging, especially on a subject where timing can be everything? Seems like "the system did it" is a blame passing excuse. And makes them look even less trustworthy.

I don't think they found it then either (they probably didn't find it and then report they found it at least), I think this document just demonstrates the are incompetent buffoons.
The previous page lists a female confidential informant. You can see some of her address and they blanked out her date of birth, but didn't blank out her age at all.

I just think it sort of tells you the quality of work they do and it is funny that on one of their own documents they (probably) accidentally filled it out in a way that looks like they framed Steven. But other than this, their investigation was muy perfecto.
Wouldn't they have had to find it just before the 5th. when PS miraculously found it within half an hour and camera ready?
They had to find it around the 3rd.-4th. if we can believe witness statements that said it was gone by the 4th. Especially if we believe TH's vehicle was planted on ASY.
All IMO.

Last edited:
Here is some additional information that I was reading this morning:

Interstate ships to fleets thereby their batteries are one of the few with serial numbers. Unbeknownst to me, until I was updated by KZ's team, Interstate also has an "batch number" that allows them to track a battery throughout the shipping process. That being said, the fleet Interstate shipped to is known.

Since you seem to be more familiar with batteries, are you aware of serial numbers on them @RANCH? It seems like it might be an Interstate thing and not something other battery companies do?
Yes automotive batteries have serial numbers on them. I've never used them for tracking or warranty purposes.I've never seen them used for anything.

They could be used at the factory making them for inventory purposes but that's just a guess.

Found that from the guy who sent KZ the battery tip. I think that probably makes the battery make more sense.
I've never heard of having to register your battery to have it covered by a warranty.

Your sales receipt or repair order with it's date starts the warranty period. JMO

From following various trials i think most defence attorneys advise their clients against taking the stand. But of course it is up to the person whether they do that or not.
You are correct. I would be surprised if Avery would take the stand in his own defense. Too dangerous.

You are correct. I would be surprised if Avery would take the stand in his own defense. Too dangerous.
I don't think it would of mattered either way in Avery's case, he still would of been found guilty.
He was just collateral to Manitowoc anyway, an unsavory character, no skin off their nose to put him away for life and their problem gone, as it was. The civil case evaporated as they knew it would. Job done.

I am pretty sure the "informant" was Kim, SA's cousin that we see in the series, and who supports SA. It's in one of KZ's exhibits.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Exhibits-21-30.pdf#page=108

I notice that the information in the MTSO Summary is the same as the previous link, but it's arranged differently. Weird.

I don't think it would of mattered either way in Avery's case, he still would of been found guilty.
He was just collateral to Manitowoc anyway, an unsavory character, no skin off their nose to put him away for life and their problem gone, as it was. The civil case evaporated as they knew it would. Job done.
What about in a retrial? Should he testify?

Do you happen to remember which motion it was mentioned in missy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back