Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from Steven Powell to appear in court Friday on voyeurism, child *advertiser censored* charges

"I did not kill my wife. I have never abused her. I have cooperated with law enforcement in investigating her disappearance," Josh Powell said in court papers.

Josh Powell said because of claims made by Cox, he has "created an all-out national media campaign against me, and in my view, Susan." He also claimed that a purple ribbon campaign started by Cox has turned into a "harassment campaign" against him.

He said by releasing his wife's journals, it will show her "fragile state of mind" and "troubled emotional life" that continued from childhood to adulthood. That information is needed to bring her home "if she is still alive," Powell said.

SP better hope to stay in jail. There are gonna be ALOT of angry parents! In one story I read, it said that pictures of children in a park were found....sorry can't recall which one as I have read so many this am. Someone up thread mentioned that SP & JP were seen in a park taking pics of the boys and other children. Does anyone know if this is true?

If I were a parent of a child he secretly photographed, I would feel inclined to rip his head off and spit in his neck! I wouldn't really do that but ya'll know what I mean.

I've got a feeling this is gonna get worse than it already is.....

MOO

I wanted to pluck out his eyes and replace them with 2 parts of his lower anatomy last night. I think it will get worse too...LE prolly has a whole new big investigation to see where he took this. :sick:

Remember when it was said that "Tom" sent Susan photos of her favorite actor? And buried in the middle of the photos were some nude photos? Now I am wondering if "Tom" took those nude photos himself? And who were the photos of?

Hope I'm not double posting. If so I apologize. I didn't see this if I am.

Susan's friend reacts to Steven Powell's arrest

She said Susan had talked with her on several occasions about feeling uncomfortable with her father-in-law.

"She told me that he made inappropriate advances toward her, he tried to kiss her, and that she moved to Utah to get away from him," she said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17363909

Given this new information, and that we hear that JP and SP spent many hours on the phone in the weeks before Susan's death, I HAVE to think that SP, at least, urged JP to get rid of Susan and maybe even provided him with the drugs that were probably in those pancakes that night (pancakes for dinner? He needed something with a batter). I highly doubt JP did the whole thing and this was never discussed with SP during those long conversations.

Plus, these types like SP are the type to (excuse me, please) j-off in front of the kids. My cousin caught her *advertiser censored*-loving husband doing that decades ago. Also, the P kids might have been molested -- and molesters (like Garrido) are control freaks. Maybe that's why most all the grown kids live with him -- he makes sure they stay QUIET.

But I wonder if a molestation accusation will be coming from somebody soon.....

I'm not saying you might not be right...

But one of my favorite dinners is breakfast food. We don't do it a lot; but we probably do it once a month.

Mmm. Pancakes for dinner, in other words! :)

SP better hope to stay in jail. There are gonna be ALOT of angry parents! In one story I read, it said that pictures of children in a park were found....sorry can't recall which one as I have read so many this am. Someone up thread mentioned that SP & JP were seen in a park taking pics of the boys and other children. Does anyone know if this is true?

If I were a parent of a child he secretly photographed, I would feel inclined to rip his head off and spit in his neck! I wouldn't really do that but ya'll know what I mean.

I've got a feeling this is gonna get worse than it already is.....

MOO

wm

Not just that - what about his neighbors?

It said there are pictures focused on kids in his neighbors yards, taken from the vantage point of his bedroom. The pictures focus on butts and chests.

:yow:

These were apparently among the people who were yelling things at Josh when he was doing an interview a few weeks ago. Now they find out this?

When you post bond, Steve, I would probably find somewhere else to sleep at night.

You know the thing is SP asked for this. He went out there and flapped his gums about Susan. Instead of keeping his counsel he got brazen and decided he was untouchable. He has had months and months to get rid of this stuff. But he felt invincible. Sickening and JP is in on it too IMO and they just need time to sort it all out and get him good. I bet he wet his pants last night.

BBM- Can you imagine SP waiting all this time, knowing at any minute LE was coming for him? Almost thirty days of torture while simultaneously doing those searches for Susan, he knew his goose was cooked and now LE had proof for a motive. It all makes sense in hindsight doesn't it?

Remember SP's girlfriend who said he told her about his "stash" in the locked closet? I bet she knew or suspected what he was doing. Was she the one who tipped LE off to all the pictures?

"child victims, female victims, josh powell, old perv dude, peeping, steven powell, steven powell arrested, susan powell, temple garments?, voyeurism, voyourism"

Great tags

Remember when it was said that "Tom" sent Susan photos of her favorite actor? And buried in the middle of the photos were some nude photos? Now I am wondering if "Tom" took those nude photos himself? And who were the photos of?

Thanks for refreshing my memory mysteriew! I do remember that! ICK! Could you just imagine receiving such photos? But I have no doubt that SP would do such a thing.....ICK!!!!:sick:

moo

Not just that - what about his neighbors?

It said there are pictures focused on kids in his neighbors yards, taken from the vantage point of his bedroom. The pictures focus on butts and chests.

:yow:

These were apparently among the people who were yelling things at Josh when he was doing an interview a few weeks ago. Now they find out this?

When you post bond, Steve, I would probably find somewhere else to sleep at night.

It would shock me if they grant bond. Talk about a flight risk!

this so totally does not surprise me. and i agree with others saying this is going to get worse.

I hope the SA wants a high bail and really stresses to the judge how much more evidence they have to go through and how they expect the charges to elevate.

I hear you. I'm just newer to the case and still stunned at how vehemently Josh and his father 'blame the victim'. It's disgusting to me.

I agree! Very disgusting. I don't have a link, but isn't it standard or common behavior for a pedophile/voyour (sp?) personality to blame the victim? I think about this guy's interview where he said he "loved" Susan and "wished" things had gone farther and I literally get sick to my stomach. I won't repeat the things he said.... but Ugh, makes my skin crawl.

I wonder how the reporter who interviewed him feels right now. I thought it was pretty obvious she was grossed out by him during the interview and now with this info......... Yucky!

Salem

Would any of the pictures be the Utah desert around Topaz Mountain...the
"tip" needed to start looking for a grave or graves. I hope so..! I hope he
has documented himself into one long, long prison sentence.

Some great sleuthing going on here! :rocker:

These are more thoughts on the idea SP and JP met half-way that night of Susan's disappearance. I want to tie it in to the miles on the rental car and see what your thoughts are on it.

Boise, Idaho is about half way between Steven Powell's house in WA and JP's old house in WVC. That trip takes 11 hours for JP, so he would have had to drive a bit less than half-way to make it back to his house by 5 p.m. On the night of Susan's disappearance, JP murders Susan, then drives almost half-way to meet SP, and drops off the body. He then drives back to WVC. For this theory to work, Susan would have had to have been murdered earlier in the evening, Steven alerted and gotten driving so that he could make the trip farther than half-way.

SP then has the body for about three days before meeting JP again with the body, JP in the rental car, who picks it up and takes it to Topaz Mntn. The total mileage for that trip, seen below, is about 1,000 miles. So if JP only used 800 miles on the rental car, he would have had to meet SP 100 miles closer to JP's side of the drive.

mapboise.jpg

It would shock me if they grant bond. Talk about a flight risk!

I think I heard someone speculate bond would be $125K - $250K, but I couldn't tell you where I heard it.

But you're right. Steve Powell seems to believe that laws should not apply to him. While they were confiscating his child *advertiser censored* collection in August, he had the audacity to go on the radio and talk about how this was a witch hunt, they wouldn't find anything, and this seemed more like Nazi Germany than America.

And the smug look on his face during his perp walk?

Come on, now. They caught you with child *advertiser censored*. Lose the attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85