Stranger Abduction Theories #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Kyron had summer plans for 2010?

He was planning a trip to California with his dad, (don't know if TH was included in those plans or not, it was never clear to me) and was going camping with his mother and Tony.

Is ths the Cal. camping area Kaine had visited before?

Is ths the Cal. camping area Kaine had visited before?

I am just working from memory, so I could be a little wrong, but I don't think he was camping with Kaine. He was going to visit relatives--a wedding, maybe?

He was going to camp with his mom and Tony at Shasta Lake, I think.

I don't know if TH did it or not. I kind of hope she did though because it is my HUMBLE opinion that if it wasn't her, what might have been super difficult to solve because of being stranger-to-stranger; was then made expotentially so because of the sole focus on her.

sbm...

if the kidnapper was a stranger to kyron, i hope that person is taking very good care of kyron. i also hope that kyron is found today and secondarily i I hope the person responsible is charged, convicted and put in jail for life.

if the kidnapper was someone known to kyron, i fear kyron is dead and i hope the person responsible is charged, convicted and receives the death penalty.

sbm...

if the kidnapper was a stranger to kyron, i hope that person is taking very good care of kyron. i also hope that kyron is found today and secondarily i I hope the person responsible is charged, convicted and put in jail for life.

if the kidnapper was someone known to kyron, i fear kyron is dead and i hope the person responsible is charged, convicted and receives the death penalty.

Why do you believe that a stranger would keep Kyron alive? Samantha Runnion was kidnapped by a stranger and she was murdered within 24 hours of being abducted. 40% of kids abducted by strangers were murdered compared to less than 1% of kids who were taken in a non-family abduction (neighbors, friends, acquaintances, etc)

I was wondering the same thing. Statistics are overwhelmingly against a child being kept alive by a stranger. It happens from time to time, but they are usually used as sex slaves. Which would be worse, IMO.

I was wondering the same thing. Statistics are overwhelmingly against a child being kept alive by a stranger. It happens from time to time, but they are usually used as sex slaves. Which would be worse, IMO.

Of children abducted by strangers, 40% are murdered and 57% are returned alive. Only 4% are never located. However, just because they haven't been located doesn't mean they are being held somewhere. It's more likely that they were murdered shortly after their abduction and their body just hasn't been found.

I don't post that often, but I try to keep up to date!

I said this a while ago, and I will say it again. Like others have mentioned I believe that LE had blinders on from the beginning. I am completely baffled as to why they were trying to reconstruct the parking lot weeks/months (can't remember which) after Kyron went missing---this to me spoke volumes.

Secondly, while we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary, this is also the time of the "most confusion" for alot of families with school aged children; end of the year parties, science fairs, field trips, fun days, ect. Solely, my own opinion, if a 'stranger' were the one to disappear Kyron and he is still in the area this is when we will hear about an "attempt".

Thirdly, while I frankly "don't get" TH AT ALL. I am of the belief that LE told Kaine and Desiree they were focusing on TH and then she BECAME their focus as well; I believe that SOME things got blown WAY out of proportion.

Finally, (getting back to the original stranger theory), I don't know if TH did it or not. I kind of hope she did though because it is my HUMBLE opinion that if it wasn't her, what might have been super difficult to solve because of being stranger-to-stranger; was then made expotentially so because of the sole focus on her.

AND as an aside, I am in the DFW metro, and in a Wally World saw Ky on one of the missing kids boards...got me thinking if LE thinks she did it, what is it that they think she did? Personally, I would like to know more about the criteria for who goes on the board and who decides what.

I am in total agreement with you. LE dropped the ball from the beginning by focusing on TH only. This LE was inexperienced with this type of crime and thought by prodding and poking at TH they would get a confession by dinner time, but it didn't work out that way and they were back to square one. I believe you are right about Kaine and Desiree taking their cue from LE but now Desiree is carrying things too far with her harassment of TH's parents. Kaine also used LE to fuel his divorce. I understand that they are both grief stricken but I still hold with the stranger, teacher, workman at school theory and time will tell if I chose the right path. Everyone who passed through that school should be a suspect until this perp is caught. It also did not help that Kaine announced to the parents that the school was safe and not to worry about sending their kids there. MOO

I am in total agreement with you. LE dropped the ball from the beginning by focusing on TH only. This LE was inexperienced with this type of crime and thought by prodding and poking at TH they would get a confession by dinner time, but it didn't work out that way and they were back to square one. I believe you are right about Kaine and Desiree taking their cue from LE but now Desiree is carrying things too far with her harassment of TH's parents. Kaine also used LE to fuel his divorce. I understand that they are both grief stricken but I still hold with the stranger, teacher, workman at school theory and time will tell if I chose the right path. Everyone who passed through that school should be a suspect until this perp is caught. It also did not help that Kaine announced to the parents that the school was safe and not to worry about sending their kids there. MOO

Can you expound on your assertion that "This LE was inexperienced with this type of crime"? You do realize that this is a very large metropolitan area with top notch LE involved. We are not talking about a tiny town with three deputies, you know. They are very experienced and very professional, in my opinion.

I cannot blame LE for their focus on TH at the time. She told them one thing, while her cell phone pinged another. And why wouldn't she have just told them she drove around Sauvie Island that morning. Lying about that was a major red flag. They HAD to focus their resources on her, imo/

I do think there is a chance it was a stranger abduction, or someone from the school. But I cannot fault LE for going after TH at the outset. imoo

I cannot blame LE for their focus on TH at the time. She told them one thing, while her cell phone pinged another. And why wouldn't she have just told them she drove around Sauvie Island that morning. Lying about that was a major red flag. They HAD to focus their resources on her, imo/

I do think there is a chance it was a stranger abduction, or someone from the school. But I cannot fault LE for going after TH at the outset. imoo

Speaking for myself here, and I am sure others will agree (hopefully:waitasec:); it isn't necessarily the focusing on TH in the beginning that bothers me/us. That makes sense, she was doing skeevy things. What is bothersome it what seemed like the SOLE focus on TH in what appeared to me to be a relatively short period of time. Three examples:

**NOT reconstructing the parking lot immediately afterwards
**Kaine stating that other children were safe
** June 4th, Kyron disappeared, 7 days later Staton tells CNN "Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton told CNN, "The child is still characterized as a missing child. There's just no indication on anything we've got at this point that it was an abduction." Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007450-504083.html

WAIT WHAT!? No indication of an abduction? Then what happened to Kyron?

IMO, looking at TH as a possibility (which I freely admit she is) and looking at TH at the exclusion of everything else is two different things. My own opinion, I believe too much time was wasted focusing on TH's trail and NOT on Kyron's. Here is the Aug. 10 flier of TH and Dede http://www.katu.com/news/local/100392859.html ... when it first came out we discussed alot about what and who was on it. But who ISN'T there? Yes, this flier is one reason I believe that LE began chasing TH's whereabouts instead of Kyron's.

I believe that this was a crime of opportunity ( I won't go into the multiple ways the school messed up), I believe it WAS someone at the school (or driving by) that took Kyron, but I don't think it was TH. Quite frankly because it wasn't the BEST opportunity for TH to disappear Kyron.

I am still not recovered from the fact that the parking lot was not charted and reconstructed within days...I find that to be a huge mistake, no matter what they thought may have happened.

Can you expound on your assertion that "This LE was inexperienced with this type of crime"? You do realize that this is a very large metropolitan area with top notch LE involved. We are not talking about a tiny town with three deputies, you know. They are very experienced and very professional, in my opinion.

This LE did not focus on Kyron who was missing from a school, they seemed from the start to say, 'TH did it' now we can breath easier. Those employees of the school, the grounds keeper and anyone milling about that day should have been scrutinized. Pedophiles in the school system move around from state to state and often all that the schools check in their background is in state activity. When they put out the truck fliers I think their aim was to point the finger at TH, it sure looked that way to me, whatever it was amateurish IMO. There are too many minuses and not enough pluses on LEs side.

TH need to be looked at right along with everyone else but a wise LE would have looked at other possibilities while they were talking to TH. THs guilt was also leaked to the public via truck posters etc. After many months they have nothing I think or else TH would have been in jail by now. A lot of dust has been stirred up with no result.MOO

My thoughts are that someone who attended the SF with either their children or grandchildren might be a perp in family disguise. It could even be a family friend who tagged along that Friday morning. People are usually ashamed to have a perp in their own family and keep it hidden pretty well as they feel ashamed that this could happen in their family. I also lean to school employees and volunteers like the grounds keeper. Pedophiles usually slip under the wire for years before they get caught. I think both Kaine and Desiree was quick to jump on the Terri did it bandwagon as LE was turning in that direction. That they were just guessing meant nothing but helped with closure for them. Kaine's own family is riddled with pedophiles but I don't think any of his family is guilty in Kyron's disappearance. This had to be someone who struck like a snake and made quick work of his act and knew the layout of the school. MOO

Bolded by Me.
I agree, Marcusdog, that it's a distinct possibility that someone who seemed innocuous at the school that day (maybe a staff member or volunteer) could be responsible. Familiarity makes it easier for a pedophile to target a particular child for abduction and more likely the child will not be alarmed initially.

In an elementary school here recently, a convicted child molester volunteered for four years. He was the grandfather of a student. His daughter (one of his victims) was the PTA president! He volunteered selling popcorn at snack time; the kids all knew him as "the Popcorn Guy." Popcorn sales were a big fundraiser for the PTA. His past was only discovered when he complied with the sex offender registration laws and another parent read his name on the registry. He was banned from volunteering at the school but could attend family events involving his grandchild. His daughter resigned as PTA president. The school district maintained no children were victimized at the school. They said he was always with another adult volunteer (which I know isn't actually the case). But it was the perfect place to groom potential victims so that when a child saw the Popcorn Guy at the playground or ball game, he had an 'in'. Not saying that this guy did anything illegal or immoral during his volunteer years. I just want to illustrate how things like that happen.

Even when an adult isn't familiar, most children are not suspicious of an adult in the school during the school day. When I volunteered in schools, children I did not know would often treat me as a teacher and report things to me or ask for assistance. Sometimes, it would be when I was just dropping something off or picking up my children. School is a safe, familiar place for young children. Adults in the school are not 'strangers'. Children cooperate with adults and do what they're instructed to do at school.

This LE did not focus on Kyron who was missing from a school, they seemed from the start to say, 'TH did it' now we can breath easier. Those employees of the school, the grounds keeper and anyone milling about that day should have been scrutinized. Pedophiles in the school system move around from state to state and often all that the schools check in their background is in state activity. When they put out the truck fliers I think their aim was to point the finger at TH, it sure looked that way to me, whatever it was amateurish IMO. There are too many minuses and not enough pluses on LEs side.

In all fairness to this LE, there were an awful lot of different LE agencies involved right from the beginning of this investigation, the FBI was called in immediately, this was the largest search in Oregan's history, they were most definitely looking for Kyron and most definitely focused on Kyron.

How many thousands of tips LE had to read through,?.. hours and hours of work. :banghead: Who decides and how do they know which ones may be of importance.??? This could take months, even years to connect the right tips together. And did they follow up on any phsycic tips.???
I believe they just wanted to know if anyone knew where Kyron was. They may never know. They did the best they could.

How many thousands of tips LE had to read through,?.. hours and hours of work. :banghead: Who decides and how do they know which ones may be of importance.??? This could take months, even years to connect the right tips together. And did they follow up on any phsycic tips.???
I believe they just wanted to know if anyone knew where Kyron was. They may never know. They did the best they could.

IIRC, CN2Souls (who claimed to work with Law Enforcement in Fl.) said that the Police in Kyrons case were open to tips from people who thought they were psychic.

Law Enforcement came out and said they did NOT want to hear from people who felt they were psychic. I'd imagine it clogged up the Law Enforcement system.

I thought this issue was weird at the time, and I still do.

moo.

May I please ask Kyron was planning a trip with his dad to california?Does anyone know where in California and when that was suppose to be?

::Snip:::
Kyron's favorite color is red, they said. Kyron is a quiet and loving child who likes fishing, art, flying in airplanes. Bootsy his cat would follow him to the school bus stop every day. He loves his dog Ernie in Medford. Kyron has a belly laugh that endears him to friends.

When he grows up, Kyron wants to be a police investigator. This summer, he planned on going on a jet boat trip in July, to Lake Shasta in August and Seaside for his birthday

Article from June 14, 2010
http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/Police-Kyron-Horman-wont-become-cold-case-96312034.html

Actually this was a good review for me in regards to those early hours after he went missing so thanks for making me look up a question! LOL! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010