Sunday, 6/9/2013 Radio Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this site kind of interesting. http://polygraphinfo.org/FAQs.html

If it is accurate (take it for what you will) it says:
"Research statistics on polygraph accuracy (see above) are all based on a single-question single-issue exam, which is the most accurate format possible. " and
"If you need to cover more than 3 relevant questions or need more than one issue covered, you will have to do more than one exam."

Not to keep requoting you, but I think I am better understanding now. I reread that article, as best as it could hold my interest. That article is citing that the direct approach(which I believe what this website you posted is stating is more accurate) is less reliable as it can even cause an innocent person to have a reaction. Then the one I read is explaining why it is better to use a different type of test, as it being longer, can help it be more accurate?

What I am seeing, I believe, is two schools of thoughts on LDT. Interesting.

He says in there that each 'phase' of the test is 10 questions long. And they should be done at different times to ensure accuracy. So I think Mark was given an entire test, and was likely 7 to 10 questions long.

When Mark says it was 4 or 5 questions, I am assuming he is leaving out his name and DOB and current address. JMO

From the interview segment I just transcribed, I'm positive MR was including the DOB and name in the 5 question count.

I just saw this too. I was looking for an amount they were asked, but that other thing I was reading mentioned asking a series of questions in different manners. This really has me going hmmmm, since the more questions you ask the more unreliable the test is. This may be a science that I fully do not understand at the end of the day, because I could see someone taking a test being asked, "Did you kill so and so?" and their initial mind thought is, "I didn't do it, I know I didn't do it, do they think I did it," you know total mind freak out. It made sense to me when I read the other thing about trying to "gently" ask the questions in a non accusatory fashion.

Can you imagine though? Did you harm your son? Did you hide your son? How many other questions could they ask for this one instance that would cover all bases of a missing child?

BBM

You do not just get thrown into the examiners chair and get asked the questions suddenly, so that you would have that reaction. First they 'pre-interview' you and they tell you what the questions will be. They discuss it so you can get those extraneous thoughts and fears out of your head. Usually the examiner is very comforting and soothing and tries to calm the person, and says ' I am going to ask you if you had any involvement'...I don't believe that you did, I am just giving you the chance to clear yourself here and now so we can move on.

Most people will then respond in kind, and be able to say NO with confidence, imo.

He says in there that each 'phase' of the test is 10 questions long. And they should be done at different times to ensure accuracy. So I think Mark was given an entire test, and was likely 7 to 10 questions long.

When Mark says it was 4 or 5 questions, I am assuming he is leaving out his name and DOB and current address. JMO

I think there are two testing methods. I think that is what I just learned. He is describing a different type of test than the from the site GhostWheel posted. The site they posted is, saying less questions is better. I think we just stumbled on some dissention in the scientific community on testing types.

He said "that ship has sailed", meaning he will not take a second one because he believes at this point it won't do anything to help find Dylan.

MR can cry, he can sing, he can ramble as long as he likes. He can claim whatever it is he wants to claim, but I believe that the reason he won't sit for a 2nd poly is because he knows he's full of it, and, IMO, he has no confidence in his innocence.

He's grasping at ridiculous straws if he thinks others will believe that he failed the baseline questions. Whatever, Mark. He knows, as well as anybody else who knows anything about polygraph examinations, that he didn't fail those baseline questions.

I can't envision an innocent parent stating "that ship has sailed" when it comes to their precious missing child. I can't envision an innocent parent refusing to do anything it takes to assist in the investigation to help find their missing child.

From the interview segment I just transcribed, I'm positive MR was including the DOB and name in the 5 question count.

OOps, then I don't believe him when he says there are only 4 or 5 questions. or that he believes he 'failed' the baselines. I think he is doing his usual 'smoke and mirrors' con job. JMO

From the Sunday 6/9 radio show starting around 94:12

Thank You so much for transcribing some of this. I had to turn it off and quit listening, because I did not want to open my big mouth and get TOS'ed. :angel:

MR can cry, he can sing, he can ramble as long as he likes. He can claim whatever it is he wants to claim, but I believe that the reason he won't sit for a 2nd poly is because he knows he's full of it, and, IMO, he has no confidence in his innocence.

He's grasping at ridiculous straws if he thinks others will believe that he failed the baseline questions. Whatever, Mark. He knows, as well as anybody else who knows anything about polygraph examinations, that he didn't fail those baseline questions.

I can't envision an innocent parent stating "that ship has sailed" when it comes to their precious missing child. I can't envision an innocent parent refusing to do anything it takes to assist in the investigation to help find their missing child.

THANK YOU. Well said. How can you fail the DOB question?

You might be right about him not being a good poly candidate. It happens. But he COULD have passed his name, address, DOB, then showed deceptive on the next one, two, x number of questions that might have been involving Dylan.

I have to say, what if, instead of answering with a direct answer on a poly, Mark used his usual word salad. I don't know how anyone could get an accurate reading off of that.

As an example, the following not supposed to be derogatory, it is just how I hear Mark when he talks:

"Did you have anything to do with Dylan's disappearance?"
"Well, you know, I didn't see him when I came home from Durango, and, you know, he wasn't where I left him on the couch, so I thought he'd gone outside for a while. I didn't think anything of it at the time, so I laid down for a bit, you know, because I do that when I have the opportunity..."

How could you get any kind of reading if the answer was like that? In that case, "failed miserably" would make sense.

I'm not real familiar with polygraphs but wouldn't the operator tell him to give yes or no answers on those types of questions? In fact even on the simple questions... like is your name Mark Redwine?

Please bring me up to speed to avoid wasting time. I transcribed the radio show but have to go back, relisten and make edits and make sure I have everything accurate.

Question 1: Has anybody already transcribed it? Do you all still want a full transcript?

Question 2: I am working on it as we speak and hope to have it completed soon but it is a slow process to make sure it is accurate, so my 2nd question is:

Do you want me to post it in here in pieces/sections (as I complete each section), or do you just want to wait until the entire transcript is available and I'll post that in the media/timeline and let everyone know? Your choice.

Please advise so I know if and how to proceed from this point forward.
Thanks to all.

THANK YOU. Well said. How can you fail the DOB question?

You can't, nor can you fail any of the other control questions that are asked to establish the baseline during the preliminary polygraph.

The thing is: MR seems to be attempting to convince others that he failed the control questions. Total BS and then some, and I think he needs to just STOP!!!

On the other hand, I hope he continues, as I believe that LE is paying attention to each & every ridiculous word he utters.

Please bring me up to speed to avoid wasting time. I transcribed the radio show but have to go back, relisten and make edits and make sure I have everything accurate.

Question 1: Has anybody already transcribed it? Do you all still want a full transcript?

Question 2: I am working on it as we speak and hope to have it completed soon but it is a slow process to make sure it is accurate, so my 2nd question is:

Do you want me to post it in here in pieces/sections (as I complete each section), or do you just want to wait until the entire transcript is available and I'll post that in the media/timeline and let everyone know? Your choice.

Thanks to all.

Thank you so much. I have not listened to the entire interview yet.

I know what u mean about time consuming. I did last weeks, and Mark is hard to keep up with. Lots of extra words and needless fluff.

I did notice that a couple of people posted a question or two. I don't think anyone did the entire thing yet though.

I would say to post it piece by piece because it is so long and wieldy. JMO

I am leaving town for 2 days but look forward to reading it. [ kind of.]

Thanks to all.

Thank you!!!!

Whatever is easier for you, maybe chunks in the media thread, with a quick note here, that you posted it there...:seeya:

Thanks to all.

I've done pieces, TxJan, and you have no idea how much I appreciate that you've transcribed other interviews in the past! I have zero transcriptionist background so it takes me about 30 minutes to get 3 minutes of conversation.

I would love to get one of your transcripts. You are welcome to use the pieces I've done.

You can't, nor can you fail any of the other control questions that are asked to establish the baseline during the preliminary polygraph.

The thing is: MR seems to be attempting to convince others that he failed the control questions. Total BS and then some, and I think he needs to just STOP!!!

On the other hand, I hope he continues, as I believe that LE is paying attention to each & every ridiculous word he utters.

This is quite funny as I believe the same . I think MR is his own worst enemy and the more he talks the more he reveals the truth :cow:

He seemingly can't keep track of what he says and he can ramble all he wants but we have seen on here how inconsistent he is from interview to interview and only a person lying does that :cow:

Am having horrendous trouble timing out in here and getting booted. Am going back to transcribing.

However, I'll post the first section I have done in the Media Timeline. You can go there in about 5 minutes. I'll post as much as I have finished now and will let you know when Section 2 is available. (unless I get booted again).

Carry on...
Thanks for the replies.

Who says it was a poor examiner? Oh yea wait...Mark says so. Funny thing though, LE already came out and said the examiner was quite well respected and experienced.

This thread is moving so fast and my page tends to jump around when I refresh so I missed this.

You would think that if he did that, the examiners would chide him with a "yes or no answer only please." I am having a thought(I read yours and Bayou's comment which is when I realized I missed this post) if a polygrapher(is this even a word or am I making it up?) asks a yes or no question that has the potential in the mind to make a person's mind wonder like say, "Do you know what happened to your son?" It's a simple answer, but I imagine that both parents would have an issue with this question in the state of mind they were in that while they may not know, they may think of possibilities as that question could make the mind wonder to what could have happened and if they got panicky over those possibilities, what would their result be on that particular question?

I think this is a good point. Like if the examiner asked Elaine "are you responsible for Dylans disappearance?" If Elaine says no, and she's thinking "I wish I'd never let him go to his dad's", then the answer might show deception. But then you'd think that a professional examiner would ask questions that are less ambiguous and straight to the point like "do you know where Dylan is" or "did you harm Dylan". Even if they asked a question like my first example, you'd think they would follow up with a question that adds further clarification.

I hope the transcript can be posted in the media thread.....makes it easy to be found later....

THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member