Supreme Court Nominee

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. A Supreme Court Justice or any judge for that matter, is supposed to be non-partisan.

And yes, other things have come out....not sure how closely you’ve paid attention.
Supposed to be nonpartisan or are? In my opinion they are not.

It appears that it would be Chevy Chase, MD. Per the article, the statute of limitations ‘at the time’ was one year.
Still, the report should be filed there. You have to follow the ‘process’ ( I sound like my boss!). I don’t understand why this was handled the way it was. There are systems in place to protect victims of SA. The local police could have quietly interviewed the people involved without naming her or him. I just don’t understand how it came to this.
Jmo

Whatever information Mark Judge is refusing to testify to today, I imagine. The FBI might be able to get him to answer some questions. Who knows?
He is not refusing to testify, he just said he wasn't there. The FBI needs figure out the date, and work backwards.

By interviewing him. I would think he would be chomping at the bit to clear his friend's name if it would help his friend.

Maybe he can't. Kavanaugh outed Judge today as an addict "for decades." I know addicts who are literally missing years of memory. It seems these fellows, Judge and Kavanaugh both, have histories of over-indulging. I know Kavanaugh said today that he never blacked out, but I can't say I believed him.

It might not help prove her claim. But it might hurt Brett's credibility. Which is why I believe Brett is refusing to call for an FBI investigtion over this.
I don't think that Judge would talk to the FBI and if he did he wouldn't say anything to hurt Kavanaugh.

I just don't see a reason or motive. JMO

Yesterday I wondered why the hearing couldn't be delayed to gather more info. Today, I don't care about that at all. After today's hearing and witnessing his demeanor, I wonder how anyone can support this candidate.

The FBI debate is a distraction. We know enough.

I don't think he was chosen with honorable intentions. I didn't want to think that, but after today, I do. I've got to take a break from the thread and the coverage. It's incredibly disappointing to me that he is even considered, let alone likely to be confirmed.

Carry on, I'll catch up later.

jmo
Is it really surprising that a man (Trump) who has almost 20 allegations of sexual misconduct against himself wouldn't care about a nominee's attempted rape. Sad for the country.

Maybe he can't. Kavanaugh outed Judge today as an addict "for decades." I know addicts who are literally missing years of memory. It seems these fellows, Judge and Kavanaugh both, have histories of over-indulging. I know Kavanaugh said today that he never blacked out, but I can't say I believed him.

I don't believe him at all about his over-indulgence in alcohol. As the day wore on, his cheeks were getting rosier and rosier (what do they call that? Gin blossoms?) I think his lack of self control and smug attitude, and rudeness to some of the Senators were signs of a drinking problem. He was white-knuckling it the last couple of hours. IMO, of course.

Thank you, and the past few weeks have indeed been a triggering time for many, including me, but for some of us at least, including me, they have been liberating as well.

After all these years, for the first time it feels possible to tell, and to tell more than I have ever told before, to anyone. I will never tell anyone I know, including my husband, exactly what happened, the all of it, the every kind of assault and pain and degradation, but after today, I'm determined to call a rape crisis hotline tomorrow and for the first, last , and only time, say it all, so I will have done
everything I could to at long last diminish the damage silence does.
Thank you, Dr. Blasey.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am celebrating your freedom from the yoke of shame! How dare he! How dare they place women in this arena where they feel shame and guilt! Finished! We are finished with it!

They are powerless little worms who have to pretend they have power. Ugh! Nasty boys!

It would corroborate her claim that they were fall down drunks. Judge literally wrote a book "Wasted" and confessed to a girlfriend he had raped a drunk girl ie "train"
All drunk people commit crimes? I don't buy that argument. Judge is not up for confirmation so any crimes he may have committed on his own is irrelevant. JMO

I don't think that Judge would talk to the FBI and if he did he wouldn't say anything to hurt Kavanaugh.

I just don't see a reason or motive. JMO

Judge was in the room. Of course what he could say under oath would harm K. That's why he refuses to be put under oath. He doesn't want to commit a felony by lying under oath, doesn't want to harm K, and doesn't want to put himself in legal jeopardy by being forced to confess to crimes that in Maryland can still be charged.

BBM. A Supreme Court Justice or any judge for that matter, is supposed to be non-partisan.

And yes, other things have come out....not sure how closely you’ve paid attention.

Nonpartisan? Of course. Maybe we have a disconnect ?
Hey, no big deal, it’s a common occurrence in any of these political type threads. :).

I did not hear him refuse a polygraph (could have missed it)
FBI investigation? He has been through 6 !
All of his friends, family, co-workers, schoolmates, questioned 6 times!
The vote was supposed to be over a week ago. The democrats want to delay the vote until after our elections in hopes that they take over the houses. Another investigation could absolutely cause that to happen.
Personally, the only person- I would like to see fully investigated is Dr. Ford.
Kavanaugh refused a polygraph. He refused to request a FBI investigation to clear him. What does that say to you? He stands on no moral ground.
His testimony was to avoid answering questions. If you were an ethical person you would stand strong and answer strong.
Shameful display and shameful support for this low-life.

Your comment that I questioned..."Kind of like how Kavanaugh did when he said in high school he studied, did scouting, and went to church."

Asking again, do you have proof that he did not do those things?
My point was that he left out the other things he did. Just like this afternoon when he said he didn’t have time to do anything but work during the week in the summers and he was gone nearly every weekend in the summer of 1982. But he has notation after notation of social events throughout the summer, weekdays included, in his own handwriting on his own calendar. And not what I would refer to as lots of work. So I don’t consider him credible when he is describing himself. At all.

Judge was in the room. Of course what he could say under oath would harm K. That's why he refuses to be put under oath. He doesn't want to commit a felony by lying under oath, doesn't want to harm K, and doesn't want to put himself in legal jeopardy by being forced to confess to crimes that in Maryland can still be charged.
So you're saying that people never lie when under oath? Forced to confess?

This thread is getting ridiculous. Time for a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member