Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do. I don't see the FBI naming him a POI without a lot of evidence pointing toward him. Look how long they sat on the Jared evidence....until they had very good DNA a evidence even though according to Garber's book the FBI was sure He was their guy. The BCA and SCSO were
Not in favor of arresting the guy when they did back in 90

--------------------------------------------------

What about Dan R. ?

John Mark Karr was just an attention seeking wierdo. DJH has scores of child *advertiser censored* and faces 70 years AND remember dna has linked him positively to JS abduction. This man is a pervert who has harmed at least 1 child

I don't think anyone thinks Heinrich is an innocent victim. I just want to make sure this isn't another "John Mark Karr" situation (the man who was arrested for JonBenet's murder and charges were later dropped).

Be careful drawing conclusions without the proper evidence or JEW. The shoe print will be hard to prove as its a common shoe, even if same size, a lot of people wear same size shoes, and what not, especially back then, hard to tell but looked like old school Addidas, with the stripe on side. unless there is something specific with that shoe to match with what was found at scene, like bits of rubber or material from the shoe that forensically matches to his shoes.

Of bits or specific components of dirt or soil from the scene that is still on the shoes today.

Hopefully there's more than that for evidence.

The tire track matched too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused regarding the car. If the police had a footprint of the abductor and a tire print that is very close to matching the poi, why around 15 years ago would they release to the public that they no longer think a car was involved this whole time? Sorry if this has been discussed. I've been following this case for some time, just not sure if I missed something .

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I am wondering about this too. were they waiting for more forensics technology to come out?

I'm confused regarding the car. If the police had a footprint of the abductor and a tire print that is very close to matching the poi, why around 15 years ago would they release to the public that they no longer think a car was involved this whole time? Sorry if this has been discussed. I've been following this case for some time, just not sure if I missed something .

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I've been wondering about that also. It would be interesting to know exactly what they treated him for at that facility. I guess unless it gets leaked out there's no way of knowing for sure with doctor patient confidentiality. When I looked up the name of the treatment center on google it sounded like they treated people for a number of different things in addition to drug addiction. I thought I copied the link that mentioned his time in treatment, but I can't find it now.

Why was DR named POI?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Because of his behavior the night JW was abducted. And his weird way of talking. It's all very hinky. I still think so, even with what has come out in the last few days.

It was about 75 yards from the roadway parked along the side of DR's driveway.

How is the location of the vehicle known ? Who saw it there ? And did DR know the car was parked there ? tia

Whose driveway did the abductor step out of when he confronted the boys ? tia

How is the location of the vehicle known ? Who saw it there ? And did DR know the car was parked there ? tia

Whose driveway did the abductor step out of when he confronted the boys ? tia

The freshness of the tracks were used to exclude any others (other tracks were considerably older). So, the tracks to which they were matching ran up the driveway and pulled over to the side around 75 yards into the property. Those tracks continued up to the turn-around area where DR saw a car matching the car the new POI was driving at that time. Dogs followed JEWs scent up the road to the area where the tracks appeared to veer to the right (and side) of the drive. The dogs continued to track the scent a few more feet up the driveway and lost the scent. This usually indicates a person was placed in a car at that point.

Footprints leading up to the car at the same 75 yard point showed what we now know was an adult print as well as a print positively identified as JEWs. JEWs prints end at the 75 yard mark and no more adult prints are seen.

Also, JEW's last print shows a depression indicative of lifting his weight up. This is perpendicular and directly adjacent to that same tire print.

Now we have to believe that DR did see a small car with lights close together and a small child or woman in the passenger seat. The tire tracks were thinner tires and closer together than a larger car if I recall correctly. But why did he not report that info right away? Or maybe he did but was told not to make that public and when the heat came on to him he released that info in an interview so people would stop thinking it was him. Sounds reasonable. It does appear that those shoes are a pretty good match as are the tires. Then why state no car used? It seems like they are trying to smoke some info out of DR by putting him in the spotlight. If DJH killed Jacob on the spot and then dumped him on DR's property, DR would have told police and not disposed of the body, right? Unless he had something else he was hiding?

I am with you guys, if they had the match of shoes and tire prints all this time why put DR as POI? There is some important piece of information missing.

It does seem that DJH's actions escalated. He went from being out in the open, to putting on a mask and carrying a weapon. He changed his location for this particular event with Jared. It appears that his car was ready for an abduction with the mask and gun at the ready. He was already approaching groups of boys so this was part of his pattern. I wonder if Jacob resisted right away and instead of just sexually assaulting him, he ended up killing him? Maybe he intended to release him or perhaps he was escalating not only his MO but the end result as well. Where did he go once he left DR's driveway?

And why is DR still considered a POI? They should clear him ASAP based on this information alone. In fact, I can't believe they keep going back to him. Why? Only thing I can think is that Jacob was killed right away and dumped on the DR property. Maybe DR found him after all police activity ceased and panicked and disposed of his body? I mean, he does act and react in completely unpredictable ways which is why I saw him as guilty.

The one discrepancy was that Aaron & Trevor stated the perp's height to be about 5'10" if I recall correctly, and this guy is 5'5"? Is that right? I am sure they were terrified and could very well have the height wrong.

And where are Kevin's tire tracks in this scenerio? That also does not fit.

Now we have to believe that DR did see a small car with lights close together and a small child or woman in the passenger seat. The tire tracks were thinner tires and closer together than a larger car if I recall correctly. But why did he not report that info right away? Or maybe he did but was told not to make that public and when the heat came on to him he released that info in an interview so people would stop thinking it was him. Sounds reasonable. It does appear that those shoes are a pretty good match as are the tires. Then why state no car used? It seems like they are trying to smoke some info out of DR by putting him in the spotlight. If DJH killed Jacob on the spot and then dumped him on DR's property, DR would have told police and not disposed of the body, right? Unless he had something else he was hiding?

I am with you guys, if they had the match of shoes and tire prints all this time why put DR as POI? There is some important piece of information missing.
Exactly. Yes, it appears as though DR was being truthful as he should not have been in possession of that info otherwise. And yes, it looks like LE was trying to play DR and the new POI against each other.
It does seem that DJH's actions escalated. He went from being out in the open, to putting on a mask and carrying a weapon. He changed his location for this particular event with Jacob. It appears that his car was ready for an abduction with the mask and gun at the ready. He was already approaching groups of boys so this was part of his pattern. I wonder if Jacob resisted right away and instead of just sexually assaulting him, he ended up killing him? Maybe he intended to release him or perhaps he was escalating not only his MO but the end result as well. Where did he go once he left DR's driveway?

That is the most important question to me. And that is because it may lead to more forensic evidence. The best guess we can make is that he took JEW to the same place he took JS. So, I think it is critical to figure out exactly where JS was assaulted.
And why is DR still considered a POI? They should clear him ASAP based on this information alone. In fact, I can't believe they keep going back to him. Why? Only thing I can think is that Jacob was killed right away and dumped on the DR property. Maybe DR found him after all police activity ceased and panicked and disposed of his body? I mean, he does act and react in completely unpredictable ways which is why I saw him as guilty.

Maybe these were some of the things LE was wondering about: did DR have some tangential involvement? I do agree that some critical information is still being withheld.

The freshness of the tracks were used to exclude any others (other tracks were considerably older). So, the tracks to which they were matching ran up the driveway and pulled over to the side around 75 yards into the property. Those tracks continued up to the turn-around area where DR saw a car matching the car the new POI was driving at that time. Dogs followed JEWs scent up the road to the area where the tracks appeared to veer to the right (and side) of the drive. The dogs continued to track the scent a few more feet up the driveway and lost the scent. This usually indicates a person was placed in a car at that point.

Footprints leading up to the car at the same 75 yard point showed what we now know was an adult print as well as a print positively identified as JEWs. JEWs prints end at the 75 yard mark and no more adult prints are seen.

Also, JEW's last print shows a depression indicative of lifting his weight up. This is perpendicular and directly adjacent to that same tire print.

They ruled out a vehicle in 2004 despite having this information since 1990. What does that mean?

I don’t think there’s any clarification on this; I think you’re rightfully confused… Some years ago, they came out and said that the tire tracks in the driveway belonged to a third party “Kevin” who had driven through the driveway shortly after the abduction and before authorities showed up; and that he had nothing to do with the abduction; and that following this, they believed that there was no car involved in the abduction. Now, they’re putting it out that they have tire and shoe prints that they had connected to the new POI, DJH, back in the early days of the investigation. I don’t really expect that all of that will ever really be clarified. Unless I've missed something and there's a good explanation of the circumstances here, but, I haven't seen it....

There’s another thread called “Tire Tracks and Shoe Prints” but, I don’t see any clarification there either…. here’s a link to that thread….
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?289473-Tire-Tracks-and-Shoe-Prints/page14

They ruled out a vehicle in 2004 despite having this information since 1990. What does that mean?

Responding both to this and Dave K's comment just after, I think we have to acknowledge that government information is not always sound. That is not to imply anything as there can be lots of reasons for it, but clearly the information being put out couldn't all be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member