Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The freshness of the tracks were used to exclude any others (other tracks were considerably older). So, the tracks to which they were matching ran up the driveway and pulled over to the side around 75 yards into the property. Those tracks continued up to the turn-around area where DR saw a car matching the car the new POI was driving at that time. Dogs followed JEWs scent up the road to the area where the tracks appeared to veer to the right (and side) of the drive. The dogs continued to track the scent a few more feet up the driveway and lost the scent. This usually indicates a person was placed in a car at that point.

Footprints leading up to the car at the same 75 yard point showed what we now know was an adult print as well as a print positively identified as JEWs. JEWs prints end at the 75 yard mark and no more adult prints are seen.

Also, JEW's last print shows a depression indicative of lifting his weight up. This is perpendicular and directly adjacent to that same tire print.

TY ! Very clear explanation. Amazing coincidence that the abductor's vehicle was so close to DR's home .jmo Is there more to this story ? jmo

And where are Kevin's tire tracks in this scenerio? That also does not fit.

We discussed this at length about a year ago. I pointed out that this "Kevin narrative" was entirely put out by government agencies. We had no way to confirm the story as they would divulge nothing to make that possible. Then we find no evidence of his tracks in the driveway. So, we can make what we will of it, but those are the facts. It has never been satisfactorily resolved.

TY ! Very clear explanation. Amazing coincidence that the abductor's vehicle was so close to DR's home .jmo Is there more to this story ? jmo

If you look at pictures of DR's driveway, you can't see that there is a house at the end since the driveway is on an incline. I believe that DJH thought this was a dirt road that he could drive up and assault Jacob in the darkness. Perhaps his plan changed when upon cresting the hill he realized it was a home and had to turn around in the driveway to exit the property. This is where DR saw him under the light that was on in that location. I wonder what happened next?

Quoting Sigrun's post #498

Footprints leading up to the car at the same 75 yard point showed what we now know was an adult print as well as a print positively identified as JEWs. JEWs prints end at the 75 yard mark and no more adult prints are seen.

I'm curious, I see you referencing 75 yards; all the references that I've ever seen before this have been that Jacob's print was 40 yards up the driveway; which is accurate? I've been off the board for several months; but, am familiar with numerous references to 40 yards up till that point; has some other information come out, or, was that found to be inaccurate? Curious...

I don’t think there’s any clarification on this; I think you’re rightfully confused… Some years ago, they came out and said that the tire tracks in the driveway belonged to a third party “Kevin” who had driven through the driveway shortly after the abduction and before authorities showed up; and that he had nothing to do with the abduction; and that following this, they believed that there was no car involved in the abduction. Now, they’re putting it out that they have tire and shoe prints that they had connected to the new POI, DJH, back in the early days of the investigation. I don’t really expect that all of that will ever really be clarified. Unless I've missed something and there's a good explanation of the circumstances here, but, I haven't seen it....

There’s another thread called “Tire Tracks and Shoe Prints” but, I don’t see any clarification there either…. here’s a link to that thread….
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?289473-Tire-Tracks-and-Shoe-Prints/page14

LE often speaks very obliquely. They are under no obligation to tell the truth about an ongoing investigation. They often don't share information with victims own families. They only focus on their investigation. Could be that was going on here, but jmo.

I'm curious, I see you referencing 75 yards; all the references that I've ever seen before this have been that Jacob's print was 40 yards up the driveway; which is accurate?

Also discussed at length. Yes, there were reports of 40 yards, but I was able to confirm that it was much closer to 75. Several other sources reported 75.

BTW: at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. The wood pile is the line of sight from DR's house and it crossed the driveway much more than 75 yards in.

I'm confused regarding the car. If the police had a footprint of the abductor and a tire print that is very close to matching the poi, why around 15 years ago would they release to the public that they no longer think a car was involved this whole time? Sorry if this has been discussed. I've been following this case for some time, just not sure if I missed something .

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It is bizarre but perhaps they knew there was not info to convict. If you read Josh Poweel, the info LE had seemed like enough to arrest, but it never happened until he blew himself and his children up

According to the wonderful "Car Summary" that ELOC put together, Dan said he saw a "Dark color, small car with lights close together"

I am very confused by this. Kevin did not have a small car and didn't DH have a white explorer which was a huge honker of a vehicle?

I am very confused by this. Kevin did not have a small car and didn't DH have a white explorer which was a huge honker of a vehicle?

I think you are. The POI had a small blue car, not a white one. And yes, Kevin's tire prints did not match those in the driveway.

Hi everyone, sorry I am new so sorry if this was already posted or if it is not allowed.

The top pic is DH and the pic below is an age progression of the description of the abductee (found it on charleyproject.com). I am hoping to find some earlier pics of DH see if it matches with the earlier description of the suspect. This case has always always ALWAYS bothered me.

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

If you look at pictures of DR's driveway, you can't see that there is a house at the end since the driveway is on an incline. I believe that DJH thought this was a dirt road that he could drive up and assault Jacob in the darkness. Perhaps his plan changed when upon cresting the hill he realized it was a home and had to turn around in the driveway to exit the property. This is where DR saw him under the light that was on in that location. I wonder what happened next?

I wonder if DR did in fact see the perp, with possibly Jacob or an accomplish in the front seat...was the perp able to see DR?

Hi everyone, sorry I am new so sorry if this was already posted or if it is not allowed.

The top pic is DH and the pic below is an age progression of the description of the abductee (found it on charleyproject.com). I am hoping to find some earlier pics of DH see if it matches with the earlier description of the suspect. This case has always always ALWAYS bothered me.

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Looks like the attachment didn't work?

I think you are. The POI had a small blue car, not a white one. And yes, Kevin's tire prints did not match those in the driveway.

I am so sorry because I have super slow limited internet access. ButI think I read that he had a 1982 white fordexplorer and that LE took the tires off of that and those are the tires that matched. 3 of the same tires and one different?

Why would he return to the JS site to assault JEW? The scene has already been busted. Plus if he knows he just left his tire tracks on the rassier driveway, the road JS was assaulted on was dirt too. How dumb could you be to connect your vehicle to two different places?

I don't get the impression that DJH is particularly smart...but definitely very lucky!

I am so sorry because I have super slow limited internet access. ButI think I read that he had a 1982 white fordexplorer and that LE took the tires off of that and those are the tires that matched. 3 of the same tires and one different?

Ah, it was a Ford yes, but it was a small, blue ford car. It is in the search warrant. I'll look it up and post.

This reminds me of something... I believe DR said that the passenger in the car had his or her hands held up over his or her eyes. If that is the case, it fits because DJH had Jared cover his eyes with his cap also. Just a minor detail maybe but it would fit with DJH's previous behavior. He must have told Jacob, if that was indeed Jacob, to cover his eyes until they had left the scene or perhaps the entire time that he had him. The car was small with no real backseat so that would explain Jacob being a front seat passenger, which is what DR reported, I believe.

Here's this; hope it works.... I snipped images from post I'm quoting because they hadn't worked....

Dan J Heinrich and composit sketch.jpg

Adding link: http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2015/oct/30/neighbors-describe-person-of-interest-in-wetterling-case/

Wow, astonishing news! If it is him, I only hope (if I were a believer, I'd pray) he finds it within himself to confess and tell the poor Wetterlings where Jacob's body is.
Hmm, this guy was 26 at the time of the abduction. Based on the witness descriptions in both Jared's and Jacob's cases, I always figured we'd be looking for a much older perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper