Suspect: RYAN ALEXANDER DUKE, in custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump: up for Tara!

Any updates anyone??

TIA! :wave:

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems they hv no direct evidence to link to The murderer. No charge of murder was filed, and if true...the suspect will most likely never go down for her brutal death. This angers me no end.

I was doing some research on a cold case in my town and came across a news article about a 30 minute tape which mentions "pictures of that dead girl" with a girl and her boyfriend fighting about it. This is speculation and the recording might have been recorded illegally but it could be linked to Tara. I'll include the JPGS of the articles.

Attachments

• Tara Grinstead Maybe.zip
    527.9 KB · Views: 33
Ryan Duke's trial gets closer in Tara Grinstead case

The state of Georgia and the defense for Duke have been given a deadline to have all motions, notices and other pleadings filed.

In a notice from the Superior Court of Irwin County, both parties in the case have until Aug. 1 to file information pertaining to the trial.

There will be hearings to review everything filed by the state and Ryan Duke's defense on Sept. 20 and 21 at 9:30 a.m.

Once the reviews are concluded on Sept. 21, the notice states a trial date will be set.

Wheels of Justice in Ocilla only roll over people outside of the circled wagons. SMDH... they have the wrong person on trial, imo

Last edited:
Wonder what's going on with his accomplice - Bo Dukes? Anyone have an update on him? I didn't find anything. Last I have is From Sept. 2017 where Bo was indicted with 4 charges by Wilcox County GJ.

TIA!

Wheels of justice turn slow.

It's unfortunate for the town and families involved that this trial is taking some time but I would rather make sure the DA and officers have a solid case where there is no reasonable doubt rather than someone screwing up in a mad rush to get these two convicted because the case is in the spotlight. The last thing we need is a mistrial, not guilty verdict, or individuals involved to get off because no evidence was brought against them if there was others directly involved with covering up the murder/dump site.

The last thing we need is for a murderer to go free. I think that is where this is headed. I pray I am wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems they hv no direct evidence to link to The murderer. No charge of murder was filed, and if true...the suspect will most likely never go down for her brutal death. This angers me no end.

I thought they had a DNA match from the gloves....

Wednesday, August 1st:
*Final Date for Filing any Motions - GA - Tara Faye Grinstead (29) (Oct. 22, 2005) - Ryan Alexander Duke (33/21 @ time of crime) arrested (2/23/17) & indicted (4/2017) of 2 counts of felony murder & 1 count of malice murder, aggravated assault, burglary & concealing death of another. Plead not guilty.
Expecting new charges to come. Last hearing 3/16/18.
10/13/17 hearing update for Ryan Duke: will go to grand jury re media gag order on Oct. 24th; not expected to rule on this on Tuesday; Court ruled against the gag order 3/5/18; defense filed motions to reinstate. Should have been heard 3/16/18. Trial should be this year.
On Monday, (3/5/18) the Georgia Supreme Court judge threw out a gag order, issued last year by an Irwin County judge, that barred anybody connected to the Grinstead case from talking to the media about it. In response, Duke's lawyers filed three documents Wednesday with the Georgia Supreme Court. One asks the Georgia court to reconsider their unanimous ruling against the gag order. If they refuse, a second says, Duke's team plans to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review the Grinstead ruling. They also want the Georgia court to leave the gag order in place until the nation's highest court acts on the case.
3/30/18: Ga. Supreme Court rejects appeal to reinstate Grinstead gag order. The Georgia Supreme Court has decided not to review Duke's appeal.
5/18/18 Defense asks for continuance, granted by Judge; trial will be sometime next summer.
7/11/18 Update: Final date for filing any motions is 8/1, review hearing set for 9/20 & 9/21, & will set trial date then.
*Accomplice Bo Dukes (32/21 @ time of crime) arrested (3/3/17) charged with concealing a death, hindering the apprehension of a criminal & tampering with evidence. Released on $16,700 bond on 3/3/17 afternoon; waived right to his first hearing.
In June, 2017, a Ben Hill County grand jury indicted Dukes on 3 counts: concealing the death of another, 2 counts of making false statements, tampering with evidence & hindering apprehension of a criminal.
In Sept. 2017, a Wilcox County GJ indicted for 4 charges: 2 counts making false statements (to GBI), 1 count of hindering apprehension of a criminal & 1 count of concealing the death of another. Dukes has not been charged with murder. No updates for Dukes as of 7/31.

Will his trial be televised?
Why are there NO news articles regarding this most recent update that he has plead not guilty?
Is the trial going to be in the summer of 2019?
What about Bo Dukes?

Will his trial be televised?
Why are there NO news articles regarding this most recent update that he has plead not guilty?
Is the trial going to be in the summer of 2019?
What about Bo Dukes?

Good questions WhimsicalWillow.

No idea if it will be televised or live-streamed or tweeted.
I too don't understand why there are no news articles on this case - since there is no gag order in place.
Well, that's the last we heard - trial for summer of 2019.
I'd like to know that questions too - what about Bo Dukes? And why hasn't he been charged with murder too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back