Sweden - Deadly Plane Crash - Storsandskar Island - Sunday, 14 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Sweden and Switzerland are two different countries. Please correct the name of this thread - thanks!

Sweden and Switzerland are two different countries.

Yep. As a Swede I know ;)

Horrible accident. They are not sure if they ever will find out the cause because this type of plane doesn’t carry a black box.

Nine people killed. Tragic.

It seems that crashes of sky-diving planes are not uncommon. Why is this? We need a pilot or aero-engineer to chime in. Is it because they are just small planes loaded with a lot of people at take off and are thus unstable?

It seems that crashes of sky-diving planes are not uncommon. Why is this? We need a pilot or aero-engineer to chime in. Is it because they are just small planes loaded with a lot of people at take off and are thus unstable?
According to air security expert crashes with sky-diving planes are more uncommon than with other small planes, as they usually are closer to the air fields and keep a better check on the weather. Flygexpert: Ovanligt allvarlig olycka
Just because there have been two accidents in a short time involving sky-diving planes, this and one in Hawaii, doesn't mean that crashes are common. The last time there were an accident with casualties involving a sky-diving plane in Sweden was in 2004. Lista över flygolyckor i Sverige – Wikipedia

Yep. As a Swede I know ;)

Horrible accident. They are not sure if they ever will find out the cause because this type of plane doesn’t carry a black box.

Nine people killed. Tragic.
The Swedish Accident Investigation Authority has finished their investigation, and it seems to have been a combination of causes to the crash. A too heavy load (the pilot hadn't been informed about the weight of the passangers), the load in the back of the plane, there were clouds that forced the pilot to go up to high with the possibility of him not getting enough oxygen, and then when the sky divers moved to start jumping, the weight load shifted, and the pilot was unable to stop the plane from stalling.
Därför dog Fanny och hennes vänner i flygolyckan i Umeå

One of the victims was a man who had dual citizenship, Swedish and American.
Nine killed as plane crashes during skydiving trip in Sweden
Ex-Marine is among nine killed in horror plane crash in Sweden | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back