The North remembers
Reaction score
The Doe Network: Case File 1267DFSWE

1267DFSWE.jpg
1267DFSWE1.jpg
1267DFSWE2.jpg
1267DFSWE3.jpg

Märtha Helena Andersson
Missing since June 14, 1992 from Mariestad, Sweden.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: January 21 1970
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Andersson disappeared without a trace from her hometown of Mariestad, Sweden on June 14, 1992. During the night of June 13, Helena had first been to a party and then gone dancing at the hotel in Mariestad. Right before closing time she called her sister to say she was on her way home, but had forgotten her keys. Her sister told her to take a taxi and that she will pay for it. Helena never reached her home. Two of her rings and her shoes were found in a patch of forest, a couple of hundred meters from her home. Investigators believe foul play is involved.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Mariestad Police
020- 540

Source Information:
Förnimmelse Av Mord
Aftonbladet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gåtan: Helena, 22, försvann spårlöst – vad hände med henne?

Google translated link: Google Translate

What happened to Helena, 22?

In the vicinity of her parental home, Helena Andersson's bloody shoes and rings were found. But she's still gone.
The phone call a summer night 24 years ago was the last time Ulrika Andersson heard from her then 22-year-old little sister.

- I have a life before and a life after Helena disappeared. I have never really been able to feel an unconditional joy for anything, or really able to ever feel anything anymore, Ulrika says.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vast/ny-misstankt-i-helenafallet

After 29 years a 60 year old male suspect were arrested monday in Mariestad for the murder of Helena.

The article is in swedish but says, according to the police the man were living in the area at the time, the investigation will continue with interrogation and technical analyzes. (my translation)

I do hope this is the right guy and that he will tell where her remains are, it is time for her to finally get back home.

Efter 29 år – ny person misstänkt i Helenafallet

After 29 years a 60 year old male suspect were arrested monday in Mariestad for the murder of Helena.

The article is in swedish but says, according to the police the man were living in the area at the time, the investigation will continue with interrogation and technical analyzes. (my translation)

I do hope this is the right guy and that he will tell where her remains are, it is time for her to finally get back home.
En person begärd häktad misstänkt för mord i Mariestad 1992

Swedish public prosecution authority requested the 60 year old man to be detained today on a higher level.

Mannen som misstänks för mord på Helena begärs häktad idag - då sker förhandlingen

Detentionhearing today at 3.30 pm.

I do hope this is somehow readable, it is more difficult than I thought to translate all law lingo. I will follow this and do my best
Gawd, I really hope this is it, and that her family and loved ones will get some answers after all this time, especially the location of her remains. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Gawd, I really hope this is it, and that her family and loved ones will get some answers after all this time, especially the location of her remains. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Yes, I remember when it happened and during these years I have been thinking about Helena and hoping she would be found, so my fingers are crossed too and eyes glued to the screen.

On June 20, 2022, the prosecutor handling the case of the missing Helena decided to close all investigations on the case. The reason for this is that the man suspected for her disappearance has died. The investigation will only be re-open if new information emerges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcat91
Back