GUILTY Sweden - Velmira, 34, Avesta, 11 February 2019 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reaction score
Velmira is misssing from her home in Avesta, Sweden, and her husband went missing with their child in their car. Swedish police were alerted that the husband had confessed to having murdered his wife, and the police sent out an international warrant, and the husband was arrested in Slovenia when he tried to leave the Schengen area. The child was safe and are in the care of the social services in Slovenia. There is no sign of Velmira, and her body can be anywhere along the way from Avesta down to the Slovenian-Croatian border. Swedish police, Missing People Sweden, the Home guard group in Avesta is searching in the area where the family lived, but it's not certain that her body is close by.
Swedish media haven't disclosed the husband's name, or family's surname, nor (as far as I've seen) the age or gender of the child. It's nothing unusual, media very seldom disclose the names of suspects until after a sentencing, nor is it common that the name of a victim is posted in media, in this case it's because she's a missing person and there is a search going on.
In Swedish: Stort sökande efter Velmiras kropp – längs makens flykt till Slovenien
Velmira, 34, befaras ha mördats i Avesta – maken gripen i gränskontroll

Velmira's body have been found near Gävle, not far from her home town Avesta. The GPS in her husband's car helped the police to find her body: Polisen bekräftar: Velmira, 34, som hittats

Velmira, and her husband, were from Ukraine and had come to Sweden as refugees. Velmira had studied psychology in Ukraine, and had hoped to find work in Alvesta when she finished her studies. I don't know how long Velmira had lived in Sweden, but her husband have been here since at least 2006, as he got Swedish citizenship in 2011. Now their little girl has lost her mother (and to some extent her father), her maternal grandfather have come to Sweden to see her, I don't know if he's going to be allowed to take her to Ukraine, she's as far as I know born in Sweden, and her father will most likely have a say in what will happen to her.
Kropp hittad i sökandet efter försvunna Velmira
Pappans vädjan i sökandet efter försvunna Velmira, 34

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member