Ted Bundy - Serial Killer - 1974-1978

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They both vansihed from Long Beach.

Thanks so much for the above info.

My encounter was definitely in very early summer 1975...I was working my first job at age 15 in what was at that time a pretty remote industrial complex.

My encounter occurred in a town directly neighboring Long Beach, even though it was 3 years after the two above.

I've tried to convince myself over the years that it was a just coincidence because the beige VW I was in didn't have the passenger seat removed. I might have to rethink my theory after hearing he apparently was active in the Long Beach area and could have returned at any point, I'll count my lucky stars that I'm still here if that was him I encountered.

Thanks so much for the above info.

My encounter was definitely in very early summer 1975...I was working my first job at age 15 in what was at that time a pretty remote industrial complex.

My encounter occurred in a town directly neighboring Long Beach, even though it was 3 years after the two above.

I've tried to convince myself over the years that it was a just coincidence because the beige VW I was in didn't have the passenger seat removed. I might have to rethink my theory after hearing he apparently was active in the Long Beach area and could have returned at any point, I'll count my lucky stars that I'm still here if that was him I encountered.
Maybe this man could be the one who murdered them. Robinson and pickle are both presumed homicide victims. Sherri was last seem possibly with a man fitting that range.

I'm sitting here thinking the place my encounter happened was indeed in Long Beach. I lived in the next town over, but the company I worked at was in Long Beach (making this whole thing even creepier).

I'm going to read the articles about these missing young ladies in depth this weekend and Google around for more comparative address info related to where my encounter happened.

I always shrugged off the similarities because I didn't realize Bundy had ever been literally in my neck of the woods, but now I realize I might have been one very, very lucky teenage girl.

Thanks so much for the information.

I'm sitting here thinking the place my encounter happened was indeed in Long Beach. I lived in the next town over, but the company I worked at was in Long Beach (making this whole thing even creepier).

I'm going to read the articles about these missing young ladies in depth this weekend and Google around for more comparative address info related to where my encounter happened.

I always shrugged off the similarities because I didn't realize Bundy had ever been literally in my neck of the woods, but now I realize I might have been one very, very lucky teenage girl.

Thanks so much for the information.
I have a news paper article from January 8th 1972 which was 5 days after Anne vanished.

L.B. WOMAN FEARED DEAD A Long Beach police helicopter searched the Los Angeles River bed Friday for a 41-year-old woman they fear may have been kidnaped and murdered. Anne Marie Robinson, of 1825 College Park Drive has been missing since 11:30 p.m. Monday when she finished her work shift at the Pacific Telephone Co. office at 16208 S. Vermont Ave. in Gardena where she is assistant traffic manager. Police found her car less than two blocks from the office. One tire was flat, the doors were unlocked and tlie vehicle had not been ransacked, police said. Long Beach Del. Sgl. Ron Skaggs said Friday police were investigating the possibility that Mrs. Robinson has been kid- naped or murdered. She was reported missing by her h u s b a n d , ANNE ROBINSON Wayne, who said she usually came directly home from work or telephoned when she expected to be late. Officers described the woman as 5 feet, two inches tall, 115 pounds, v blue eyes and blond hair.

I had a disturbing encounter in June/July 1975 in southern California with a 30'ish man with collar length lightish brown hair who was driving a beige VW bug.

I (obviously) managed to get away from him, but I've always wondered if I had a very close encounter with Bundy.

I've researched Google to some degree but have been unable to pinpoint if he would have been in CA at that time.
Tell us a little bit more. Why did you find the encounter disturbing?

I had just turned 15 and had moved to the area from a coastal town where there was zero crime and hitchhiking/accepting rides from strangers was the norm.

It was my first day at my first full-time job. It was a pretty remote industrial complex and I wasn't old enough to have a license, so my mom would me at work and pick me up afterward.

I hadn't thought to bring a lunch, so a couple of co-workers told me there was a little coffee shop within walking distance and kind of pointed me in the general direction, so off I went.

I hadn't gotten very far when a beige VW bug pulled up, leaned over and unrolled the window. He asked me if I needed a ride. Since I'd walked about half a mile already and no sign of any coffee shop in the area, I accepted his offer and got in.

He was very well spoken, very neatly dressed, and attractive, about 30'ish, with medium brown hair down to about collar length and wavy/curly. When we stopped at a signal, I happened to glance over and saw he was unzipped and exposing himself. I realized I could be in a precarious situation and chose to not acknowledge what I had seen (I was 15 but I was pretty worldly on how to handle myself).

He kept driving around and making small talk, which at some point went to how desolate the area was and someone could lay around in those fields "for a long time before anybody would find them."

We finally passed a vehicle going the other direction, and I waved. He asked if that was someone I knew. I said I believed it was a co-worker because I had told them to come looking for me if I wasn't back in an hour as I was probably lost. He thought about that for a few seconds and finally said it was probably time to get me back to the office.

I still played it cool, never showed any sign of fear or panic, and rarely glanced over at him to avoid having to address the fact he had exposed himself. He dropped me off at my workplace, and I (as calmly as I could) went back to work.

About 4:30 pm, the beige VW bug pulled back into the parking lot where I worked. He sat there and waited for about 30 minutes before he left. I never saw him or his vehicle in the area again.

I always looked back on this incident (about which I told no one for many years) as coincidental after Bundy came to national attention, more feeling that maybe a lot of 30'ish perverts drove beige VW bugs and should be avoided. As details about Bundy came out, I never considered that my encounter could have been Bundy. I wasn't aware until this thread that he had even been in the southern California area, much less Long Beach where my encounter occurred. I related my experience to my daughter quite a few years ago as a cautionary tale, and we both sort of laughed about the the beige VW bug similarity. We're not laughing now, though.

If that was indeed Bundy, I don't know why I was spared. Maybe because it was broad daylight, mid day, I expressed that co-workers could be out looking for me at any moment, and said I believed the vehicle we saw was in fact driven by a co-worker. Maybe it was because I didn't show any fear. Looking back, I'm also thinking perhaps he came back to finish what he had started. Since he wasn't aware I had seen him exposed and had played it extremely cool, maybe he came back hoping I'd accept a ride home from him when co-workers wouldn't be out looking for me and he'd easily be able to transport me out of the industrial complex without question.

The entire encounter was terrifyingly bizarre and luckily I think on my feet and was able to get out of the situation before it escalated...but now realizing with whom I might have been in that vehicle, that puts it to a much higher degree of terror.

Bundy is likely the one who kidnapped and murdered Anne Marie Robinson and Sherry Jean Pickle.

I had just turned 15 and had moved to the area from a coastal town where there was zero crime and hitchhiking/accepting rides from strangers was the norm.

It was my first day at my first full-time job. It was a pretty remote industrial complex and I wasn't old enough to have a license, so my mom would me at work and pick me up afterward.

I hadn't thought to bring a lunch, so a couple of co-workers told me there was a little coffee shop within walking distance and kind of pointed me in the general direction, so off I went.

I hadn't gotten very far when a beige VW bug pulled up, leaned over and unrolled the window. He asked me if I needed a ride. Since I'd walked about half a mile already and no sign of any coffee shop in the area, I accepted his offer and got in.

He was very well spoken, very neatly dressed, and attractive, about 30'ish, with medium brown hair down to about collar length and wavy/curly. When we stopped at a signal, I happened to glance over and saw he was unzipped and exposing himself. I realized I could be in a precarious situation and chose to not acknowledge what I had seen (I was 15 but I was pretty worldly on how to handle myself).

He kept driving around and making small talk, which at some point went to how desolate the area was and someone could lay around in those fields "for a long time before anybody would find them."

We finally passed a vehicle going the other direction, and I waved. He asked if that was someone I knew. I said I believed it was a co-worker because I had told them to come looking for me if I wasn't back in an hour as I was probably lost. He thought about that for a few seconds and finally said it was probably time to get me back to the office.

I still played it cool, never showed any sign of fear or panic, and rarely glanced over at him to avoid having to address the fact he had exposed himself. He dropped me off at my workplace, and I (as calmly as I could) went back to work.

About 4:30 pm, the beige VW bug pulled back into the parking lot where I worked. He sat there and waited for about 30 minutes before he left. I never saw him or his vehicle in the area again.

I always looked back on this incident (about which I told no one for many years) as coincidental after Bundy came to national attention, more feeling that maybe a lot of 30'ish perverts drove beige VW bugs and should be avoided. As details about Bundy came out, I never considered that my encounter could have been Bundy. I wasn't aware until this thread that he had even been in the southern California area, much less Long Beach where my encounter occurred. I related my experience to my daughter quite a few years ago as a cautionary tale, and we both sort of laughed about the the beige VW bug similarity. We're not laughing now, though.

If that was indeed Bundy, I don't know why I was spared. Maybe because it was broad daylight, mid day, I expressed that co-workers could be out looking for me at any moment, and said I believed the vehicle we saw was in fact driven by a co-worker. Maybe it was because I didn't show any fear. Looking back, I'm also thinking perhaps he came back to finish what he had started. Since he wasn't aware I had seen him exposed and had played it extremely cool, maybe he came back hoping I'd accept a ride home from him when co-workers wouldn't be out looking for me and he'd easily be able to transport me out of the industrial complex without question.

The entire encounter was terrifyingly bizarre and luckily I think on my feet and was able to get out of the situation before it escalated...but now realizing with whom I might have been in that vehicle, that puts it to a much higher degree of terror.
You are one of the lucky ones who escaped his trap.

I know the Robinson and Pickle case are beyond cold, but should I call and report my encounter to whomever is handling these two cold cases? I'm not sure if my incident has any helpful information after all of these years, especially when it was three years after Robinson and Pickle went missing.

Interestingly, I also fit Bundy's reported preference in that I was petite and had long brown hair parted down the middle. At the time, I was 15 but dressed up and wearing make up (my job was as assistant office manager). I probably looked at least 20.

562-570-7201
Anne’s investigating agency phone number number. The name is the Long Beach police Department.

626-814-8540

626-939-8500

The two numbers are for Sherry’s investigating agency. It is called the West Covina police department. Your information could help solve these two cold cases.

Some of bundys victims had blonde hair.

We won’t know anything until the bodies are found.

I called and reported it.

LBPD wanted to charge me $21 to get a copy of Anne's report. I told him I didn't want a copy of the report and just wanted to give them some info that may or may not pertain to Anne's case. That was fruitless. He still didn't seem to comprehend why I was contacting him.

On the other hand, when I called about Sherry's cold case, I was transferred to a lieutenant as the only cold case investigator they had left on Sherry's case wasn't in the office. The lieutenant took all of the details of my encounter and thanked me for contacting them (even if I had waited all of these years). He also took all of my contact information.

There's probably no connection, but I'm glad I called just in case.

I called and reported it.

LBPD wanted to charge me $21 to get a copy of Anne's report. I told him I didn't want a copy of the report and just wanted to give them some info that may or may not pertain to Anne's case. That was fruitless. He still didn't seem to comprehend why I was contacting him.

On the other hand, when I called about Sherry's cold case, I was transferred to a lieutenant as the only cold case investigator they had left on Sherry's case wasn't in the office. The lieutenant took all of the details of my encounter and thanked me for contacting them (even if I had waited all of these years). He also took all of my contact information.

There's probably no connection, but I'm glad I called just in case.
Hmm I wonder why they were so reluctant with Anne’s case. I’ve read newspapers from when Anne disappeared and investigators stated that they were desperate to solve Anne’s case. You may have provided the last piece of the puzzle that could solve these cases. Ted Bundy can now be proven to have killed in other states.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back