Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone post this pic for me? I think it would be helpful to show how someone could in/out of Tempo.

10698436_10101684377820156_2121720516103906742_n.jpg

eventually got it to work:happydance:

Wow - I don't know. Maybe I linked the wrong story? I might have had a tad too many windows open. Sorry!

Don't know what I got it from originally, but here it is in another:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ut-Hannah-Graham-Still-Missing-277102381.html

Surveillance videos showed her walking, and at some points running, past a pub and a service station and then onto the Downtown Mall, a seven-block pedestrian strip where police believe she entered Tempo Restaurant with Matthew. The video that has been publicly released does not show the two entering the bar together; instead, "witnesses place them in the bar together,'' Charlottesville Police spokeswoman Miriam I. Dickler said in an email.

Thanks for the new link and quote! Rhetorical question, but is 12 windows up among 3 different browsers, plus fielding/answering email, watching press conferences and listening to scanner simultaneously considered a tad too much? Gah. Was so happy to find a "short" and slow-moving thread and still confused to pieces.

"i'm feeling much better now." thanks!

I agree! It feels so watered down now that everything and new updates have their own thread. Where do we go for general talk?

OT Am I the only one jonesing for a general discussion thread? JMO

Wow - I don't know. Maybe I linked the wrong story? I might have had a tad too many windows open. Sorry!

Don't know what I got it from originally, but here it is in another:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ut-Hannah-Graham-Still-Missing-277102381.html

Surveillance videos showed her walking, and at some points running, past a pub and a service station and then onto the Downtown Mall, a seven-block pedestrian strip where police believe she entered Tempo Restaurant with Matthew. The video that has been publicly released does not show the two entering the bar together; instead, "witnesses place them in the bar together,'' Charlottesville Police spokeswoman Miriam I. Dickler said in an email.

I wonder if the witnesses they describe are people who called the Tip Line, and the Tempo manager is referring to what his employees saw? It seems really bad that these stories don't mesh. I think buying two beers would lead most people to think one was JM's and one was HG's. Would be interesting to hear what the employees say about that...did he walk away with the beers, or did he drink them himself at the bar? And he switched from the shots to beer? If he was preparing himself for something with the drinks (as was suggested in another comment), I'd think he'd go for the harder stuff.

It's clear (to me) that Tempo is trying to save face and get some good PR work in and make sure the public thinks they wouldn't allow a drunk 18 year old into their establishment. I'm sure if someone knew an insider they'd find out they've fired the door guy and talked to the staff about policy.

so, the time stamp on the video of HG & JM outside Tuel's was 1:08 right? so how does JM close a tab for 2 beers at Tempo by 1:10? then HG is lost near her apt by 1:20.

I think JM knows very well how to get on with young ladies. and I think he knows very well how to get what he wants and what to do with them afterwards.

Makes you wonder if the server's are claiming not to have seen her because she was inside drinking while intoxicated and underage! Heavy fine and could possibly cost the restaurant their alcohol license.

they weren't in there for more than a minute tho. 1:08 walking past tuels and tab closed at Tempo by 1:10.

I agree with whomever posted here earlier ...that I agree... I know what it's like to be hyped up/nervous/drinking and to go from the Hannah we saw in the surveillance videos (a 'purpose', running or walking quickly) to standing, waiting outside Tempo ...waiting for up to 15 minutes.

After being so hyped up and adrenaline rising I would be pacing, checking my phone, sweating, etc. In other words, I couldn't calm down so quickly unless someone made me feel that all would be okay. I wonder if the bouncer noticed her behavior, whatever it was.MOO

The purchase of two beers is interesting.

Do they sell cans at Tempo? Its not typical in bars in Richmond except around the colleges and then its usually Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I would think it weird for an upscale restaurant and bar but a portion of business is always dictated by clientele.

If so he could have easily put one in his pocket, especially given his size, and then given it to Hannah after leaving.
Hello zapped...
I'm with you here. The two beer order is odd, especially with someone waiting outside for you. A can would be ridiculously easy to slip in a pocket and go out the door with.

I agree! Here are a few items from the menu:
Oysters & Sweet Onion Cream
Ginger Scented Pork Crepinette, Seared Foie Gras
Duck and Truffled Foie Gras Ballotine
Slow Sous-vide Cod (Truffled white bean puree & squid ink beurre blanc)

I am sorry- I do not see JM in this place eating foie gras- remember he loves his grandma's greens... I think he went there looking for upscale ladies.

Remember he lives with 2 roommates, he was late with rent, and his car was....well it needed maintenance....:snooty:
We have an upscale restaurant here in my little town and after 10pm the atmosphere changes drastically. People who wouldn't eat there in a million years go in there to drink at night. Perhaps Tempo is the same way.

12:18am: Tempo Restaurant
Computer records at Tempo show that at 12:18am, LJ Matthew uses his Visa card to purchase three bourbon shots. He drank one and passed two to others at the bar, one of whom was DJ

1:10am: Back at Tempo
Abby, who had been checking IDs at the door since about 10pm, does not remember seeing LJ come back to Tempo just after 1am, which would have been only a few minutes after he’d left. Nor does she recall Hannah coming up to the door or asking to come inside. “I don’t remember her,” she says. “Not then. I saw her later.”

According to the records that were shared with me by Cunningham, LJ ordered two drinks at 1:09am and paid for them exactly one minute later. The bartender rang them up at $7 a piece. Witnesses with whom I spoke do not recall whether they were beers or mixed drinks or one of each. And no one I spoke with recalls watching LJ drink one or both of those drinks. Nor does anyone recall him taking them outside to share with someone

1:45am: Last Call - Abby
He came out the side door,” she says of LJ Matthew. “I saw him come walking by and I thought, there’s that obnoxious guy from before. I noticed he had his arm around a girl. She was wearing a crop top...........

When I saw her that night,” Abby says, “I remember thinking, she’s really drunk. She couldn’t walk well. She was slouched into him, leaning against him, like she was having difficulty standing up. He was talking to her, and his right arm was around her, not over her shoulder, not at the waist, but around her back and holding her right arm. He was holding her close, like he was almost holding her up. They walked away together up the street towards the Mall.”

http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

Thanks for posting the Coy article! Wow, is that a hard one to read. Poor Hannah. I had an almost Jaws-like sense of impending doom reading through. Ugh.

reporters words....

Brice Cunningham said that Matthew drank shots of bourbon with two other customers at about 11:45 p.m....

Cunningham said that Matthew left the bar briefly and returned just after 1 a.m., closed a tab for two beers at 1:10 a.m. and then left....

Tempo statement...

credit card receipts showed that he had made purchases at the bar shortly after midnight ..... Those records also confirm that he returned to Tempo at 1:10 am and left shortly after....

---------------------------

11:45pm - owner says Jesse drinks bourbon shots
just after 12am - Jesse used his credit card
?? - owner says Jesse leaves tempo
1:10am - Jesse returns and uses card to close an open tab of 2 beers then leaves.

------------------

I am assuming Jesse ordered at least one beer between "just after midnight" and time he left the restaurant the first time.

if someone places an order and pays....then leaves either immediately or shortly after - the owner would not consider that transaction "closing out a tab"

The shirt though..... I need to go back and look at surveillance. It was always stated a white shirt, white shorts but video can be misleading. These photos are clear. Or did he change at his car between visits to Tempo as he was sweating so much. Thus answering the question of having extra clothes in his car,

I am sorry- I do not see JM in this place eating foie gras- remember he loves his grandma's greens... I think he went there looking for upscale ladies.

Remember he lives with 2 roommates, he was late with rent, and his car was....well it needed maintenance....:snooty:
Dude has his priorities mixed up. Expensive drinks trump roof over head and reliable transportation? :waitasec:

reporters words....

Brice Cunningham said that Matthew drank shots of bourbon with two other customers at about 11:45 p.m....

Cunningham said that Matthew left the bar briefly and returned just after 1 a.m., closed a tab for two beers at 1:10 a.m. and then left....

Tempo statement...

credit card receipts showed that he had made purchases at the bar shortly after midnight ..... Those records also confirm that he returned to Tempo at 1:10 am and left shortly after....

---------------------------

------------------

I am assuming Jesse ordered at least one beer between "just after midnight" and time he left the restaurant the first 11:45pm - owner says Jesse drinks bourbon shots
?? - owner says Jesse leaves tempo
1:10am - Jesse returns and uses card to close an open tab of 2 beers then leaves.

time.

if someone places an order and pays....then leaves either immediately or shortly after - the owner would not consider that transaction "closing out a tab"
11:45pm - owner says Jesse drinks bourbon shots
1am: LJ Matthew leaves Tempo by himself at about 1am

How far is Tempo from the mall? she is seen on surveillance at 1:08 am. These times are not working out with the videos of her. Are they?

How far is Tempo from the mall? she is seen on surveillance at 1:08 am. These times are not working out with the videos of her. Are they?

so within 12 minutes meets her and convinces her to wait outside the bar for him, while he goes in for a drink

not adding up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back