Terri's friends want to distance themselves after being dragged into investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dede giving Terri advice not conducive to find Kyron is only the opinion of DY and KH. Just because they are grieving parents and appear sympathetic doesn't mean their word is gospel. It could be something as simple as Dede telling Terri to take care of herself, to not make any more statements to LE because they are going to use those statements against her anyway. If there was a smoking gun, there would be some arrests, IMHO. Dede is the daughter of LE, and therefore I believe her take on this is slightly different than the average layperson. Most children of LE that I've known have been instructed by their LE parents about how to handle police questioning, arrests, etc. Dede may be projecting instructions her father gave her onto Terri.

If there was true obstruction of justice going on, don't you think LE would arrest Dede in an effort to turn the screws tighter?

excuse me for asking something that i'm sure has been discussed on this and other threads but has evidence suggested that the MFH plot actually happened or is this just something that is also being investigated?...because i thought Cluciano63's point about DS knowing about that and that being the reason for her not cooperating was very interesting...i find it easier to believe a friend would have knowledge about that then that they would cover up for a friend taking and/or killing a stepchild...

excuse me for asking something that i'm sure has been discussed on this and other threads but has evidence suggested that the MFH plot actually happened or is this just something that is also being investigated?...because i thought Cluciano63's point about DS knowing about that and that being the reason for her not cooperating was very interesting...i find it easier to believe a friend would have knowledge about that then that they would cover up for a friend taking and/or killing a stepchild...

I've been thinking about this all night. We don't know for sure if the MFH plot is true, only that LE thought there was enough there to tell Kaine about it and he used it to get his restraining order and take the baby. It's hard to say if it is true or not, but I do think that knowledge of that would make Dede need a lawyer.

I bet DDS cell phone pings are interesting....wonder if it shows that she and Terri were together at some point?

Dede giving Terri advice not conducive to find Kyron is only the opinion of DY and KH. Just because they are grieving parents and appear sympathetic doesn't mean their word is gospel. It could be something as simple as Dede telling Terri to take care of herself, to not make any more statements to LE because they are going to use those statements against her anyway. If there was a smoking gun, there would be some arrests, IMHO. Dede is the daughter of LE, and therefore I believe her take on this is slightly different than the average layperson. Most children of LE that I've known have been instructed by their LE parents about how to handle police questioning, arrests, etc. Dede may be projecting instructions her father gave her onto Terri.

If there was true obstruction of justice going on, don't you think LE would arrest Dede in an effort to turn the screws tighter?

ITA. I think DeDe's advice to Terri that in KH and DY's opinion is counterproductive to the search for Kyron could constitute nothing more than "hey, girlfriend, this isn't looking good for you, maybe it's time to hire and start following the advice of an attorney before you interact with LE anymore"

In their minds - that could be construed as DeDe advising Terri not to cooperate. In DeDe's mind that could be construed as being a friend.

Perspective is everything in interpreting this kind of thing.

I would be furious if a friend of mine involved me in something that caused me to spend money on an attorney. My take on the matter is that when it comes to a missing child, LE doesn't play. They don't care about any extraneous stuff in your life that doesn't pertain to finding the kid NOW! So I don't understand why people would be so afraid to tell them what they know unless it implicates them in regards to the child being missing. What could Dede be involved with that is such a no no besides having to do with Kyron? I guess I live a pretty uneventful life because I don't have any skeletons in my closet that would prevent me from cooperating in any way to find a missing kid.
I'd be furious if a friend of mine involved me in the murder of a child!

There is just no price tag to put on that, nor would the thought cross my mind.

Have we become so callous that our own self interest comes before the good of others, especially the vulnerable among us?

(This is not directed at anyone in particular, it is just my feelings about the subject brought up in the post I am responding to. No offense is meant to anyone; this case is all just too unreal and it brings out the deepest of emotions and reactions).

My OPINION

I'd be furious if a friend of mine involved me in the murder of a child!

There is just no price tag to put on that, nor would the thought cross my mind.

Have we become so callous that our own self interest comes before the good of others, especially the vulnerable among us?

(This is not directed at anyone in particular, it is just my feelings about the subject brought up in the post I am responding to. No offense is meant to anyone; this case is all just too unreal and it brings out the deepest of emotions and reactions).

My OPINION

My response is about getting an attorney. The costs for Dede since theoretically she is not involved and is invoking her rights, as some people on here said they would do.

Calliope.....I am sorry, I do not mean to start a debate here, it's just that this case hits so close to home. Emotions get involved and I just wish Kyron is found. My son is here at this moment making a fort out of my couch cushions as usual, and my heart aches for a boy i don't even know. forgive me. I think I will go read a patricia cornwell novel just to get my mind on something else. I live 20 minutes from Kyron's home and wow...yeah it is just hearbreaking that he is just gone.....I hope everyone on here has a great night. Hug your kids. Aloha!

You too. :)

My response is about getting an attorney. The costs for Dede since theoretically she is not involved and is invoking her rights, as some people on here said they would do.

i understood what you said and i agree...there's a big difference between not worrying about money to find a missing child and having to use money to protect yourself when you are erroneously connected with something you have nothing to do with besides knowing the person involved...(if that's the case which we have no definitive reason to believe it's not at this point).

Where in this case has it been reported that innocent adults have been dragged thru the mud in this case?????? Has LE been accused of this?????

TMH has certainly been dragged through the mud. Although her behaviour in some ways looks suspicious, I have seen no actual evidence that points directly to her.

DDS has been accused by KH and DY of not cooperating. They decline to define what cooperation would be, leaving it up to the general public to speculate all sorts of horrible stuff.

Those two women may be factually guilty of horrible things. Based on the evidence now known, I certainly could not vote to convict them. This is, I believe, a calculated ploy to bring public pressure to bear on people who may well be factually innocent.

There have been other cases where there were suspected who looked just as guilty or even guiltier. And turned out to be factually innocent but their lives were left in tatters.

More than that, one of the things that keeps a government on the straight and narrow is a diligent opposition. That opposition consists of a free press and a citizenry willing to fight for their rights.

In this case, it appears that the so-called free press has rolled over and peed on itself at KH's bidding.

That leaves individuals who are willing to fight for their rights.

TMH has certainly been dragged through the mud. Although her behaviour in some ways looks suspicious, I have seen no actual evidence that points directly to her.

DDS has been accused by KH and DY of not cooperating. They decline to define what cooperation would be, leaving it up to the general public to speculate all sorts of horrible stuff.

Those two women may be factually guilty of horrible things. Based on the evidence now known, I certainly could not vote to convict them. This is, I believe, a calculated ploy to bring public pressure to bear on people who may well be factually innocent.

There have been other cases where there were suspected who looked just as guilty or even guiltier. And turned out to be factually innocent but their lives were left in tatters.

More than that, one of the things that keeps a government on the straight and narrow is a diligent opposition. That opposition consists of a free press and a citizenry willing to fight for their rights.

In this case, it appears that the so-called free press has rolled over and peed on itself at KH's bidding.

That leaves individuals who are willing to fight for their rights.

BBM

Stavely also disputed allegations that Kaine Horman and Desiree Young made last Thursday, contending that Spicher was impeding the investigation by not cooperating and advising others not to talk to law enforcement.

"Well, the fact of the matter is she has been cooperating,'' Spicher's lawyer said. "She met with detectives in the case for three-and-a-half hours, and has had several follow-up conversations with detectives. She's cooperated fully. And frankly, the suggestion that she has urged others not to cooperate is absolutely false.''

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kaine_horman_asks_court_to_hav.html

Well, the search warrants were executed on Thursday. The release from Desiree and Kaine also happened Thursday. Her lawyer was retained Friday. And the lawyer doesn't say that she has cooperated until Monday. That leads me to assume that she cooperated after that statement. :( I'm sorry :( :(

Edit: But I'm incredibly relieved that she has cooperated regardless. And that video of her leaving the courthouse yesterday, I saw her give a small smile to as she turned the corner. I don't think she was being smug. I think she was being genuine.. as if to be polite to the people who were approaching her, not even thinking of the camera or how the smile would look on camera.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prettylaydie
Back