Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities say the three friends — who have been hit with obstruction of justice and lying charges — also took Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's laptop computer from his dorm room but did not throw it away and have since given it to the FBI.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/bosto...attack-sources/story?id=19096360#.UYMQFIJAu2I

Didn't ditch the computer? What were they/he doing with it? That's even more brazen than dumping it, IMO.

Watching Greta on Fox. Authorities are not releasing name of family member claiming TT's remains. Cause of death could be released as early as Friday. David Lee reporting that "sources close to the investigation" are increasingly interested in talking more to KRT. He must have been reading Oaktree here last night because he said the feeling was that "the other shoe was about to drop."

snipped

BBM

Previously, Dzhokhar reportedly said the brothers had learned how to build bombs online and were not funded or directed by any foreign government or rogue group. Still, authorities are investigating a 2012 trip Tamerlan took to Russia where he met with known Islamist militants in Dagestan.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/bosto...attack-sources/story?id=19096360#.UYMQFIJAu2I

Anymore info about the BBM above? Which Islamic militants did TT meet with?

At the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Dzhokhar began to struggle academically. According to a university transcript reviewed by The New York Times, he was failing many of his classes. The transcript shows him receiving seven failing grades over three semesters, including F’s in Principles of Modern Chemistry, Intro to American Politics and Chemistry and the Environment. According to the transcript, Dzhokhar received a B in Critical Writing and a D and D-plus in two other courses.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/u...ston-suspects-emerge.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

(page 2 at link) Tamerlan studied accounting at Bunker Hill Community College for three semesters as a part-time student between the fall of 2006 and the fall of 2008, according to Patricia Brady, a college spokeswoman.

(page 3 at link) Tamerlan was arrested in 2009 and charged with domestic assault and battery after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, according to Spotcrime.com, an online source of crime information.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...2c2566-a8e4-11e2-a8e2-5b98cb59187f_story.html

He had, however, taken a keen interest in Chechen history at school. Dr Brian Glyn Williams, who tutored Dzhokhar in the subject, said: "He was learning his Chechen identity, identifying with the diaspora and identifying with his homeland … He wanted to learn more about Chechnya, who the fighters were, who the commanders were."

The boys' paths diverged somewhat – at least for a while. Tamerlan dropped out after studying accounting at Bunker Hill Community College for just three terms, in autumn 2006, the following spring, and then the autumn of 2008.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-dead-was-on-radar-two-years-ago-8581570.html

Tsarni, Tsarnaev's uncle, told CNN he was so concerned about someone brainwashing his nephew that he called a family friend in the Cambridge area to investigate.

"I said, 'Listen, do you know what is going on with that family? With my brother's family?' Then he says ... there is a person, some new convert into Islam of Armenian descent," Tsarni told CNN's Shannon Travis. "Armenians, I have no intention to say anything about Armenians. It's a neighboring region with North Caucasus," the same area where the Tsarnaev family also hails from.

It started (in) 2009. And it started right there, in Cambridge," Tsarni said of the friendship.

Asked about those reports, Elmirza Khozhgov, a former brother-in-law of Tsarnaev, told CNN Tsarnaev once introduced him to someone by that name who was an Armenian convert. He said he was not told Misha's full name.

"It seemed to me that Misha had influence on Tamerlan," apparently encouraging him to give up boxing because it "is violent," Khozhgov told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "Tamerlan told me that he quit boxing and music because Misha was teaching that it's not good in Islam to do those things."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/24/us/boston-brainwash

It was a blow the immigrant boxer could not withstand: after capturing his second consecutive title as the Golden Gloves heavyweight champion of New England in 2010, Tamerlan Anzorovich Tsarnaev, 23, was barred from the national Tournament of Champions because he was not a United States citizen.

Unlike his little brother, who was well integrated into the community by the time he started high school, Mr. Tsarnaev was a genuine newcomer when he entered the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, from which he graduated in 2006. Enrolled in the large English as a Second Language program, he made friends mostly with other international students, and his demeanor was reserved, one former classmate, Luis Vasquez, said.

Jumping right into boxing after his arrival in the United States, he called attention to himself immediately in more ways than one. During registration for a tournament in Lowell, he sat down at a piano and lost himself for 20 minutes in a piece of classical music. The impromptu performance, so out of place in that world, finished to a burst of applause from surprised onlookers.

In 2009, Mr. Tsarnaev won the New England Golden Gloves championship in the 201-pound division, which qualified him for the national tournament in Salt Lake City in May. Introducing what would become his signature style, he showed up overdressed, wearing a white silk scarf, black leather pants and mirrored sunglasses.

Stepping into the ring, as The Lowell Sun described it, Mr. Tsarnaev floored Lamar Fenner of Chicago with an explosive punch that required an eight-count from the referee, and then he seemed to control the rest of the fight.

Bob Russo, then the coach of the New England team, said: “We thought he won. The crowd thought he won. But he didn’t.”

If Mr. Tsarnaev was chastened by the defeat, it did not temper his behavior. During a preliminary round of the New England Golden Gloves in 2010, in a breach of boxing etiquette, he entered the locker room to taunt not only the fighter he was about to face but also the fighter’s trainer. Wearing a cowboy hat and alligator-skin cowboy boots, he gave the two men a disdainful once-over and said: “You’re nothing. I’m taking you down.”

The trainer, Hector Torres, was furious and subsequently lodged a complaint, arguing that Mr. Tsarnaev should not be allowed to participate in the competition because he was not a citizen.

As it happened, Golden Gloves of America was just then changing its policy. It used to permit legal immigrants to compete in its national tournament three out of every four years, barring them only during Olympic qualifying years, James Beasley, the executive director, said. But it decided in 2010 that the policy was confusing and moved to end all participation by noncitizens in the Tournament of Champions.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/u...-tamerlan-tsarnaev-reeled.html?pagewanted=all

Apologies if already posted:

snipped
BBM

Federal authorities are skeptical of Ms. Russell’s insistence that she played no role in the attack or in helping the brothers elude the authorities after the F.B.I. released photographs of them. That skepticism has been stoked by Ms. Russell’s decision in recent days to stop cooperating with the authorities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/03/u...ned-july-fourth-attack.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=2&

Apologies if already posted:

snipped
BBM

Federal authorities are skeptical of Ms. Russell’s insistence that she played no role in the attack or in helping the brothers elude the authorities after the F.B.I. released photographs of them. That skepticism has been stoked by Ms. Russell’s decision in recent days to stop cooperating with the authorities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/03/u...ned-july-fourth-attack.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=2&

I am skeptical myself. I am not sure why some posters are so convinced she didn't know anything. And we can't even get a straight answer on whether she lived in the apartment with TT or not.

I am skeptical myself. I am not sure why some posters are so convinced she didn't know anything. And we can't even get a straight answer on whether she lived in the apartment with TT or not.

NYTimes article also states "two other LE officials" (anonymous sources) say KR's fingerprints and DNA do not match those found on bomb fragments.

snipped

BBM

Previously, Dzhokhar reportedly said the brothers had learned how to build bombs online and were not funded or directed by any foreign government or rogue group. Still, authorities are investigating a 2012 trip Tamerlan took to Russia where he met with known Islamist militants in Dagestan.

Anymore info about the BBM above? Which Islamic militants did TT meet with?

Found what I had been asking about above:

snipped
BBM

On Thursday, Representative William Keating, Democrat of Massachusetts, said investigators believed that Mr. Tsarnaev met with one known militant, Mahmoud Mansur Nidal, while he was there. The statements from Mr. Keating confirmed a report in the Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta.

“I’m comfortable that on that trip, he reached out to members of the insurgency in Dagestan,” Mr. Keating, a member of the House Committee on Homeland Security, said of Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
He said there was no evidence so far that Mr. Tsarnaev had succeeded in formally joining the insurgency, led by a group calling itself the Caucasus Emirate, or that he received explosives training in Dagestan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/03/u...rth-attack.html?pagewanted=2&_r=2&smid=tw-bna

Its classic domestic violence power/control stuff. The victim does not want to do anything to upset the abuser. SO they meekly go along.

On CNN they were also saying that it would smell to make bombs and were wondering how KR would not notice that.

CARIIS: they made at least 3 pc bombs not only one, plus several pipe bombs! Then bags full of fireworks too.

How big is that apartment? how many rooms? Does someone know? Maybe he had a room in which she and the daughter were not allowed, which he locked?

Here are the stats on the building.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Massachusetts/Cambridge/sold/1049086-410-Norfolk-St-Cambridge-MA-02139

This is a Multi-Family located at 410 Norfolk Street, Cambridge MA. 410 Norfolk St has 6 beds, 3 ½ baths, and approximately 2,601 square feet.

That probably means each apt has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and is less than 1,000 sq feet. Not very big, and how did a family of 6 once live there.

I never claimed he was "colluding" with them. If TT/DT were actually responsible for the bombings, that wouldn't turn a friend or acquaintance who agreed to give them a lift/lend a car into an accomplice or co-conspirator unless he had actual knowledge of what they'd done. If that friend/acquaintance found out at some point during the car ride that the T's were alleged suspects and were being hunted, it's very conceivable he could decide to bail on them and then do everything possible to make sure he wasn't also in the frame, IMO.

Equally, even if TT/DT were not responsible for the bombings, I can conceive that anyone in their company, upon learning that they were suspected of being terrorists/murderers and were actively being hunted, would get away asap and start hollering, especially if they'd just agreed to drive them, lend them a car or take a trip with them.

I find it strange that I am required to provide "proof positive" to support my suspicions about 'Danny's' story and yet no one is being asked to provide 'proof positive' before questioning/suspecting/blaming other people connected with this case, e.g KR and others.

In my opinion, 'Danny's' story makes little sense, and he has changed it, and therefore I am currently unable to conclude that I 'know' he is being entirely truthful.

I haven't seen any official record of what DT might have said before he was charged and informed of his rights. The hospital statements from the weekend of 20/21 April indicate that he was in "serious condition" and he only managed one spoken word during his first court appearance the next day, so if he actually gave all of the information that has been claimed then he must have done a fair amount of writing whilst still in a critical condition, IMO.

I assume we''ll see the evidence of his alleged confession and various other communications in due course.

I have no idea what conspiracy theory you are referring to since I haven't posited any.

If I am guilty of 'bashing' anyone and have violated any rules here then I'm sure a moderator can let me know.
Ni disrespect here sir -- but this notion "were actually responsible for the bombings" sounds good and AMerican and British , but this is really nothing to do with guilt or innocent. Nothing.

All it is is dealth penality or life.

Video does not lie , it cant, it records history as it is.

They have them on tape , dropping bags, walking away and the bags blowing up.
Thats it - that part done and over. Plus young one has been confessing for a week and a half

---guilty - death or life.

Here are the stats on the building.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Massachusetts/Cambridge/sold/1049086-410-Norfolk-St-Cambridge-MA-02139

That probably means each apt has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and is less than 1,000 sq feet. Not very big, and how did a family of 6 once live there.

Wow! I and my husband live in 1000 sq ft plus a garden with the same size, and this is India. I always thought you have huge apartments over there. That is tiny! I just can't believe that KR did not see and suspect something. Impossible. And with a little girl pottering around ... what did they do with her when they built the bombs? Lock her up in one room?

Well, that breaks down a bit when you consider what 'conscience' is all about--and it can definitely involve ideology. I'll preface this by making it clear that I personally think the act of detonating those bombs was truly unconscionable. But, if someone truly has an allegiance to a Higher Power (and that's a big IF), and IF they truly believe that Higher Power is/was commanding them to attack a designated 'enemy,' then, FOR THEM, they might suffer their own sort of weird guilt for NOT doing what they felt had been defined as glorified and 'right' for them to do. IOW, your ideology (especially if it's a theology) defines your sense of right/wrong. Example: Joshua in the Old Testament and the conquest of Israel ('the Promised Land') from all the Hittites, Midianites, and other-ites living there. Joshua was and is revered as a man of God by Jews and Christians alike today. But I bet, if any of those [presumably escaped] Hittites had Internet, there may have been some moms and grandmoms chatting up their message boards about how they didn't see how "anyone who could attack and plunder their city, killing men, women AND children, could 'have a conscience.'"

The Tsarnaev brothers may or may not have had sociopathic tendencies - but the fact that they also had a religious ideology muddles the question a bit for me as far as determining if they had any conscience whatsoever. JMHO

Perhaps we have a different idea of what constitutes a conscience.

IMO, a person with a conscience (regardless of ideology) does not harm others, let alone detonate bombs that kill and maim others. I stand by my belief.

Citing ancient Biblical history does not persuade me to agree with anyone who may follow another ideology. As far as I'm concerned, zealotry of every stripe is a root cause of many historic conflicts, but it does not justify heinous actions against others.

Ni disrespect here sir -- but this notion "were actually responsible for the bombings" sounds good and AMerican and British , but this is really nothing to do with guilt or innocent. Nothing.

All it is is dealth penality or life.

Video does not lie , it cant, it records history as it is.

They have them on tape , dropping bags, walking away and the bags blowing up.
Thats it - that part done and over. Plus young one has been confessing for a week and a half

---guilty - death or life.
I do not think you have broken any rules = we all have different opinions - thats why we all are here ---!

Wow! I and my husband live in 1000 sq ft plus a garden with the same size, and this is India. I always thought you have huge apartments over there. That is tiny! I just can't believe that KR did not see and suspect something. Impossible. And with a little girl pottering around ... what did they do with her when they built the bombs? Lock her up in one room?

Perhaps, shooed her away to another room like seen on the video of DT and niece when he was on his computer.

Authorities say the three friends — who have been hit with obstruction of justice and lying charges — also took Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's laptop computer from his dorm room but did not throw it away and have since given it to the FBI.

Didn't ditch the computer? What were they/he doing with it? That's even more brazen than dumping it, IMO.

Young adults, not making much money why throw away a perfectly good computer

Perhaps we have a different idea of what constitutes a conscience.

IMO, a person with a conscience (regardless of ideology) does not harm others, let alone detonate bombs that kill and maim others. I stand by my belief.

Citing ancient Biblical history does not persuade me to agree with anyone who may follow another ideology. As far as I'm concerned, zealotry of every stripe is a root cause of many historic conflicts, but it does not justify heinous actions against others.

Until we can cross over to there is no difference between what terrorist bombs do and what bombs of war do one will never understand them.

The numbers speak for themselves.

All these causalities ARE someones mother, brother, sister, aunt …….just like victims here.

There is no difference except our numbers are 1 million more

Here are a million reasons why they bombed us ……………
Casualties of the conflict in Iraq since 2003:

Source Casualties Time period
Associated Press
110,600 violent deaths March 2003 to April 2009
Iraq Body Count project
110,937–121,227 civilian deaths from violence. 172,907 civilian and combatant deaths[1][2][3]
March 2003 to December 2012
Iraq Family Health Survey
151,000 violent deaths March 2003 to June 2006
Lancet survey
601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths March 2003 to June 2006
Opinion Research Business survey
1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict March 2003 to August 2007
WikiLeaks. Classified Iraq War Logs[1][4][5][6]
109,032 deaths including 66,081 civilian deaths.[7][8]
January 2004 to December 2009

Does not include Afganastan……1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict….. thats a lot of pissed off survivors.............

Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Young adults, not making much money why throw away a perfectly good computer

I don't think so. Given their suspicions about him and the bombing, I imagine most college students/friends of his would not want DT's laptop anywhere near them under the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow