Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know he was shot six times, however, do we know he was "coming" after them after the first two. Does anyone know?

We know he was shot six times, however, do we know he was "coming" after them after the first two. Does anyone know?

That's what has been reported.
I agree there have been some inconsistencies with all of the unnamed sources, but that's what a source is saying today.

Who knows.

We only know what has come out in an official release from the FBI.
He attacked the agent. The agent was in imminent danger of bodily harm. The agent shot IT and IT was killed.

What do you think happened? Was the suspect sitting there peacefully and then the agent just opened fire and killed him, in front of the other officers from different agencies?

Cops go through each and every day ASSUMING that someone is about to try and kill them. Every time they make a simple traffic stop they HAVE TO assume that someone in that car wants to shoot them. If they do not make that assumption they can be killed instantly. So they walk to the car from the back, look inside carefully and keep one the hand on their gun when they approach the vehicle. Can you imagine what it is like to go through each day with that kind of low level ongoing stress? So once a suspect actually makes that move and tries to jump an officer, he is as good as dead.

Someone asked upthread, why not shoot his kneecaps? Cops are taught to go for the kill if they or their fellow officers are under serious attack. If they are going to pull their weapons then they are going for a kill shot. Otherwise the attacker can continue to do injurious harm.

That is simply not true.Do you know how many people would be shot by LE if that was true? Like I said,I see it happen A LOT and I see awesome officers anticipating what is about to happen (sometimes a guy can go from calmly talking to an officer to a violent outburst within a split second) and they never,ever shoot to kill .They are able to detain the guy.

That is simply not true.Do you know how many people would be shot by LE if that was true? Like I said,I see it happen A LOT and I see awesome officers anticipating what is about to happen (sometimes a guy can go from calmly talking to an officer to a violent outburst within a split second) and they never,ever shoot to kill .They are able to detain the guy.

I posted a link a few posts ago from someone who is former FBI.
He said it plainly.

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, formerly a deputy director at the FBI:

Addressing the questions regarding reasonable use of force in the standoff that led to Todashev's death, Miller said, "I was trained in the FBI policy on use of force ... the standard is if you believe you or your partner or somebody with you is going to be the victim of either serious bodily harm or possibly death, you have the right to use deadly physical force."

http://m.cbsnews.com/fullstory.rbml?catid=57587019&feed_id=30&videofeed=null

The situations that you describe are very different from this one. You are witnessing drunk partiers at concerts. Cops can use tasters or batons on these people.

This specific situation was a MMA fighter that was suspected of being a cold blooded killer and possible Jihadist with the urge to kill. Very different situation. JMO

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/31/chechen-fbi-widow-ibragim-todashev

IT's wife talking about that night.

She said that on the night he was killed, FBI agents were also at her apartment in Atlanta and at the house of her mother, a US soldier on active duty, in Savannah, Georgia, for simultaneous interviews.

"All the questions were whether I knew Tsarnaev, or his wife, or about his brother and the bombing," she said.

"They came at 7.30pm and said everyone was interviewing at the same time. They were with me for a couple of hours and left a little after 9pm. I called my husband right away, he did not answer. I texted him, he did not respond to me."

The situations that you describe are very different from this one. You are witnessing drunk partiers at concerts. Cops can use tasters or batons on these people.

This specific situation was a MMA fighter that was suspected of being a cold blooded killer and possible Jihadist with the urge to kill. Very different situation. JMO

Exactly my point !!!! Do you really think their plan was "text me if you think the guy is becoming violent ?" They knew from the get go he most likely would get violent !!! What was their plan of action???

Exactly my point !!!! Do you really think their plan was "text me if you think the guy is becoming violent ?" They knew from the get go he most likely would get violent !!! What was their plan of action???

Their plan was to get a confession if possible. And if he got violent they would do what they always do when they have to defend themselves. Which they did.

Do you remember the recent incident where a well seasoned investigator was in the interrogation room with a suspect and the suspect was able to get a drop on him and take the gun and shoot himself and the officer? THAT is what these cops were thinking of, imo.

"It's a small community. Here in the US everyone knows each other. They had each other's number in the phone book but they rarely talked. A few weeks before the bombing my husband had knee surgery and Tamerlan called to ask how he was. Before that they never spoke for a year."

How does she know that for a fact? And if her husband had taken part in that Waltham killing, would she even know about it?

"It's a small community. Here in the US everyone knows each other. They had each other's number in the phone book but they rarely talked. A few weeks before the bombing my husband had knee surgery and Tamerlan called to ask how he was. Before that they never spoke for a year."

How does she know that for a fact? And if her husband had taken part in that Waltham killing, would she even know about it?

She said IT was with her in GA on Sept. 11th 2011.

I couldn't tell you where mine was on that day. That's for sure. How can anyone remember a certain day almost 2 years later unless something monumental happened.

I call BS on that story.

Judging from her statements like this one, I'd say no, chances are she didn't know.

"He was a great husband, he was fair to me, he was honest and he was a very calm person, nothing violent. He's a fighter but there was never any violence towards anyone outside of the ring." I guess he didn't tell her about his road rage incident, or his parking lot arrrest in May of this year. I think we can definitely say her opinion is not the one to judge his true colors.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...shev-fbi-shot-unarmed-boston-bombing/2372119/

The FBI agent and state troopers had interviewed Todashev earlier that morning, the government official said. That afternoon, when Todashev did not answer his phone, the FBI agent, the two troopers and an Orlando police officer went to his condo, the government official said.

Todashev invited them in and began talking, the official said. As the conversation continued, Todashev indicated he was ready to confess to his involvement in the homicides, so the FBI agent pulled up a table so Todashev could write down his confession, the government official said. Meanwhile, one of the troopers left the room to make a phone call and the Orlando officer accompanied him, the official said.

She said IT was with her in GA on Sept. 11th 2011.

I couldn't tell you where mine was on that day. That's for sure. How can anyone remember a certain day almost 2 years later unless something monumental happened.

I call BS on that story.

I have to imagine that the FBI has looked into that alibi. Are there date stamped photos that show him to be in Atlanta on that day? I am curious what her evidence is. Because I don't understand why the FBI would waste resources and time and follow him for weeks if there was proof he was innocent. JMO

Quote:
The FBI agent and state troopers had interviewed Todashev earlier that morning, the government official said. That afternoon, when Todashev did not answer his phone, the FBI agent, the two troopers and an Orlando police officer went to his condo, the government official said.

Todashev invited them in and began talking, the official said. As the conversation continued, Todashev indicated he was ready to confess to his involvement in the homicides, so the FBI agent pulled up a table so Todashev could write down his confession, the government official said. Meanwhile, one of the troopers left the room to make a phone call and the Orlando officer accompanied him, the official said.
====================================================

So they had already talked to him that morning. I have to assume he told them about his wife's alibi for him. But they still wanted to see him later that day. So I bet it did not check out. Maybe his cell pinged in Waltham that day instead of Atlanta?

Just curious why the wife would have changed her name back in 2007 in Georgia. It's an unusual name change, first, and last, middle staying the same.

It would not have anything to do with her marriage, since it was back in 2007, and they married Aug. 2011. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo