Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting page that sort of documents the events of late Thursday night into early Friday morning via a variety of collected tweets, and some pictures from people either listening to scanners or in the case of one in particular who lived near the final shootout and the thrown bomb on Laurel Street.

It also has a picture of the naked guy, before he was naked. (I had thought originally it was the guy who's car was highjacked, but it isn't).

In any case, its a very interesting page and has helped me to clarify some details of the happenings that night.

http://twitchy.com/2013/04/19/water...oting-police-chase-underway-explosions-heard/

I don't know who the poor naked guy is. But I am pretty sure it's not TT. Could it be the carjacking victim? Maybe police was concerned explosives were placed on him during carjacking?

yes, they stripped him in case he'd been booby-trapped.

Wow, so when I first speculated that TT might be the culprit days ago here on WS, I had no idea LE would actually be pursuing this same angle! Now I've gotta go back to my post and see if other posters had replied with additional info on this!

He didn't even attend his murdered so-called best friend's funeral! That speaks VOLUMES in my book. And that TT quarreled over Brendan's lifestyle and that BM might given pot to DT, further inciting the conflict! Wow. This could be the very break in the case LE needs!

Sonny Hosten and Jeffrey Toobin on CNN commenting re the defendant's rights and strategies. Toobin says one word takes precedence: delay, delay, delay. the longer the plea deal/trial/whatever is delayed the better things go for the defense: when the public's emotions cool down

O/T
Canadian authorities thwart terror plot

Seems pretty big

Live presser from Canada about to start

www.foxnews.com

I was going through some photos again and wanted someone else to take a look at something I think I see. It has nothing to do with the suspects but just trying to figure out if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing... :(
Warning: the link is very graphic as is what I am about to describe. Focus on the woman near the center of the photo, the woman with the white shirt and red jacket. I can't quit looking at it b/c I think she is lying against some significant... carnage... for lack of a better word.

http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wn20130417n1b.jpg

I know that talking about PMs aren't really approved here, but since many folks probably don't want to read what I really think it is, please PM me if you want to discuss the details. I will have to step out for awhile but will be back shortly.

Thanks. It's just bothering me.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been charged in federal court with use of a weapon of mass destruction and malicious destruction of property resulting in death.

The statutory charges authorize a penalty, upon conviction, of death or imprisonment for life or any term of years, according to a statement from the Department of Justice.

Tsarnaev had his initial court appearance today from his hospital room.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN.com, CNN TV and CNN Mobile.

what about murdering the MIT officer and injuring the other MIT officer?

And why not 2-charges of use of the weapon, for the 2-bombs set off on the 15th. Only mass destruction but not death and the mass bodily destruction to human life.

Maybe Federal court is different???? :waitasec:

Canada thwarts 'major terrorist attack' with arrests: CBC

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCABRE93L0YW20130422

I would like to say Thank you to the RCMP, CSIS(Canadian Security Intelligence Service) Provincial and Regional Police Services and cross-border co-operation with the FBI and US Homeland Security that uncovered and thwarted a major terrorist attack in Canada.

I was going through some photos again and wanted someone else to take a look at something I think I see. It has nothing to do with the suspects but just trying to figure out if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing... :(
Warning: the link is very graphic as is what I am about to describe. Focus on the woman near the center of the photo, the woman with the white shirt and red jacket. I can't quit looking at it b/c I think she is lying against some significant... carnage... for lack of a better word.

http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wn20130417n1b.jpg

I know that talking about PMs aren't really approved here, but since many folks probably don't want to read what I really think it is, please PM me if you want to discuss the details. I will have to step out for awhile but will be back shortly.

Thanks. It's just bothering me.

What is really sad too, what is laying on her stomach.

These poor people, if they were not harmed by the bomb itself these scenes would bring nightmares for-ever.

A trial will not be any time soon guys. Not to delay, just the way it is.

Have to appoint an attorney, or he can hire one. Have to get all evidence analyzed (imagine that street at the Marathon and think about that part alone, not including apartments, autos, weapons!) by both sides teams, experts. Have to have all the initial hearings, we are talking Federal and State Courts it seems so far. Have to have experts examine defendant. Witnesses, victims, victims families, witnesses that knew defendant....Really there is tons more that goes on than this list. Expect at least a couple years for murder trials in State Court to begin.

Sorry, I got a few details wrong in the David Green's better photo (Jax Beach Guy). Apparently his photo was taken from a camera phone. The funny thing is that the press is making a fuss over Suspect 2 walking away calmly. I have studied the pic. When I'm walking calmly, my hands are at my sides. Suspect 2's are flexed, or at least the one you can see. Furthermore it appears that he is not running because he is not bent forward. David Green says he was buttoning his jacket, so I suppose that could be happening. But what struck me, was the guy in the suit who was just standing and staring with his back against the building. Believe me, I am in no way defending Suspect 2. They have more than enough evidence on him (ie video of him leaving backpack at 2nd bombing scene), and we have not been privy to all of the photos and videos that LE has, but it's interesting what is observed after the fact.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e1c-bb0fb0c2edd9_singlePage.html?tid=obinsite

Wow, so when I first speculated that TT might be the culprit days ago here on WS, I had no idea LE would actually be pursuing this same angle! Now I've gotta go back to my post and see if other posters had replied with additional info on this!

He didn't even attend his murdered so-called best friend's funeral! That speaks VOLUMES in my book. And that TT quarreled over Brendan's lifestyle and that BM might given pot to DT, further inciting the conflict! Wow. This could be the very break in the case LE needs!

I agree. I wondered why that article was placed in that forum, but figured there had to be a reason. Some press initially suggested that TT may have been traumatized by his 'best friend's' death, but I also wondered if he was involved, after I saw your posting. Great job Bourne!

An interesting page that sort of documents the events of late Thursday night into early Friday morning via a variety of collected tweets, and some pictures from people either listening to scanners or in the case of one in particular who lived near the final shootout and the thrown bomb on Laurel Street.

It also has a picture of the naked guy, before he was naked. (I had thought originally it was the guy who's car was highjacked, but it isn't).

In any case, its a very interesting page and has helped me to clarify some details of the happenings that night.

http://twitchy.com/2013/04/19/water...oting-police-chase-underway-explosions-heard/

there's a couple interesting tweets in there about 4 men shooting at cops, and about a location with ballistic evidence inside. I think it's the same house where 3 people were taken into custody on Friday during the search, then released, then taken back into custody later. That address may be the location of a possible safe house in Watertown.

They both appear so cold and callous as evidenced by their so-called normal behavior that was observed by people who knew them. I wonder if this was their first 'rodeo'.

Again, if you follow the trail of posts backwards, I was responding to a poster who said her culture was "paternalistic". My point is that her culture is American.

Generalizations don't work!

No Generalizations don't work. She may be an American but it is NOT the norm in American culture to live as this woman lived. There are not millions of American women working 70 hrs a week to support a non working husband, and live among his macho toys while her Baby does without.

If some great study of American culture were undertaken, this woman would not be chosen as an exemplar of our Culture.

BTW,thank God another radical Islamist plot has been foiled in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat