Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought it obvious they only have what the dagestan and russian govts want published in the media and that may in no way correspond to what the public here gets. Which is why i cut her some slack as i have no way of knowing what she is seeing and hearing while in grief and shock.

Not buying it, she can phone or skype with relatives in the states or the aunt in Canada - oh, wait, that might not help.

It's not that I haven't read a lot here, but can someone tell me who has definitely lied and about what.

All I see is a lot of confusion and not really being able to track down where that started. I can see thinking DT had a bullet wound but didn't. I can see thinking they had guns, but really only had one. I can't see reporting they had this exact gun, etc. and they didn't but it sounded like some of those things could have come from an LE briefing and second hand.

At any rate, can it be proven someone lied on purpose and who was it before we just start saying LE LIED?

I'm not sure how you prove that someone lied "on purpose", rather than just were mistaken, "celebrating", inaccurate, took information they wanted to be true and clung to it, etc. I've said repeatedly that LE were heroes that day so clearly not bashing their profession, but certainly if someone including LE reports misinformation during a sensitive time there shouldn't be a conspiracy of silence, as if saying that they reported something incorrectly (with whatever motivation they had in the moment, good or bad) was "bashing LE" as a group. This same group of LE happens to be "my" LE, as I'm from Boston, and I do want to know that they will communicate with me as best they can while on the job, and am grateful for their service last week that kept my family safe as well.

However, yes they said things that were later shown to be untrue - call it what you will, a mistake, a mistruth, a miscommunication, whatever feels most appropriate.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/25/the_changing_facts_in_the_boston_investigation/

I think people are on edge, to say the least. Think of all of the events of the last few months, including the weather.

If one is an emergency responder, I imagine they have received all kinds of new training or practice on old training.

The responsibility and judgment calls they have are just WOW!

And it is not in a classroom. Things are happening all around them. Screaming, noises of all kinds, people running, etc. Difficult to say the least.

I think of eye witness accounts and how inaccurate they are. All of the emotions, too.

Just a couple of dumba** teenage terrorists (& yes, I know that TT was not a teenager, but it seems he had the mentality of one)-it could have been a lot worse, if these 2 were as intelligent as their family has claimed, but it just goes to show how the lowest common denominator can wreak havoc upon innocent people. I am in favor of preserving our civil liberties, as outlined by the constitution, but if some of them need to be modified in order to protect the general population, I will support that-the situations we face now could not have been foreseen years ago.

I think we all are getting confused about the vehicle situation Waterford that night. Here is the reason why it was reported intially a stolen police SUV :

NEAT: One of his officers put his cruiser into gear and jumped out of it, letting it roll at the suspects to draw fire, he said. The suspects peppered the car with bullets.

http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04...ate-getaway/jaIyrXr8fSnf5Pu4xnRbvM/story.html

Wasn't that from the guy who got hijacked.. and they thought maybe he misunderstood what they were saying due to speaking Russian or with an accent.
They said they would not kill him because her was not American...
Did I read he was Chinese?
Yes.
"They asked me where I’m from, I told them I’m Chinese,” the victim said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/boston_bombers_carjack_victim_going_DOS2VjT9dTu6lD9AZhYMyK

The aunt and the mother are claiming a Chinese man was TT? :nono:

Well it's said they did buy 6 pressure cookers, so far we know where three of them went.

I missed this. Do we know if they were all purchased at the same time? At the same place?

The other night I thought CNN said they traced the purchase to Macy's. I felt bad for Macy's when I heard that.

Highlights from the criminal complaint filed against DH state that there was a stand-off between DH and the police which involved gunfire while he was hiding in the boat:

On the evening of April 19, 2013, police investigation revealed that there was an individual in a covered boat located at 67 Franklin Street in Watertown. After a stand-off between the boat’s occupant and the police involving gunfire, the individual was removed from the boat and searched. A University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth identification card, credit cards, and other forms of identification were found in his pockets. All of them identified the man as DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV. He had visible injuries, including apparent gunshot wounds to the head, neck, legs, and hand. DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV’s wounds were triaged and he was brought to an area hospital, where he remains for medical treatment.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2013/04/22...nal-complaint-against-boston-bombing-suspect/

Multiple sources from different agencies are saying today that no gun was found in the boat, and that DH was unarmed when he was wounded:

Sources: No gun found in boat

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev apparently was unarmed when he was wounded in a barrage of gunfire that ended with his capture after a tense standoff, sources told CNN Thursday.

No firearm was found in the boat where he was hiding, in the yard of a home in the Boston suburb of Watertown, Massachusetts, said several sources familiar with the investigation, from different agencies.

Earlier, Tsarnaev and his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, had allegedly shot and killed a Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus police officer sitting in a patrol car. Shortly afterward, the two engaged in a shootout with police. Tamerlan, 26, died after the shootout.

It's unclear why Dzhokhar, 19, may have hidden without any weapons.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Authorities have previously said in a criminal complaint that there was a standoff involving gunfire before Dzhokhar's capture.

Watertown Police Chief Edward Deveau told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Saturday that it was his understanding that the suspect fired from the boat.

I think people are on edge, to say the least. Think of all of the events of the last few months, including the weather.

If one is an emergency responder, I imagine they have received all kinds of new training or practice on old training.

The responsibility and judgment calls they have are just WOW!

And it is not in a classroom. Things are happening all around them. Screaming, noises of all kinds, people running, etc. Difficult to say the least.

I think of eye witness accounts and how inaccurate they are. All of the emotions, too.
BBM Not to mention the incessant barking of dogs on top of the sirens that didn't get turned off and the cops yelling at the suspects to "get on the ground," etc. And for someone to suggest that the suspects could be heard on that cell phone video is just absurd. The guy who made that video which has now been edited (Audio,) because the owner of the cell phone could be clearly heard using "F" words, did not say anything about hearing the suspects trying to give up. The guy who took the still pictures had a ring side seat and even he did not say anything about these suspects trying to give up...or claim their innocence. In fact that guy said he saw them getting ordinances out of the vehicle and lobbing them in the direction of the police.

Highlights from the criminal complaint filed against DH state that there was a stand-off between DH and the police which involved gunfire while he was hiding in the boat:

On the evening of April 19, 2013, police investigation revealed that there was an individual in a covered boat located at 67 Franklin Street in Watertown. After a stand-off between the boat’s occupant and the police involving gunfire, the individual was removed from the boat and searched. A University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth identification card, credit cards, and other forms of identification were found in his pockets. All of them identified the man as DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV. He had visible injuries, including apparent gunshot wounds to the head, neck, legs, and hand. DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV’s wounds were triaged and he was brought to an area hospital, where he remains for medical treatment.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2013/04/22...nal-complaint-against-boston-bombing-suspect/

Multiple sources from different agencies are saying today that no gun was found in the boat, and that DH was unarmed when he was wounded:

Sources: No gun found in boat

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev apparently was unarmed when he was wounded in a barrage of gunfire that ended with his capture after a tense standoff, sources told CNN Thursday.

No firearm was found in the boat where he was hiding, in the yard of a home in the Boston suburb of Watertown, Massachusetts, said several sources familiar with the investigation, from different agencies.

Earlier, Tsarnaev and his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, had allegedly shot and killed a Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus police officer sitting in a patrol car. Shortly afterward, the two engaged in a shootout with police. Tamerlan, 26, died after the shootout.

It's unclear why Dzhokhar, 19, may have hidden without any weapons.

Authorities have previously said in a criminal complaint that there was a standoff involving gunfire before Dzhokhar's capture.

Watertown Police Chief Edward Deveau told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Saturday that it was his understanding that the suspect fired from the boat.

There is no question the standoff involved gunfire. It is true that Chief Deveau said gunfire was coming from the boat, which he qualified with, "it is my understanding". IMO, that's hardly a definitive, official statement.

Deveau's statements about the boat start around 1:20 here.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/boston-details/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I'm not sure how you prove that someone lied "on purpose", rather than just were mistaken, "celebrating", inaccurate, took information they wanted to be true and clung to it, etc. I've said repeatedly that LE were heroes that day so clearly not bashing their profession, but certainly if someone including LE reports misinformation during a sensitive time there shouldn't be a conspiracy of silence, as if saying that they reported something incorrectly (with whatever motivation they had in the moment, good or bad) was "bashing LE" as a group. This same group of LE happens to be "my" LE, as I'm from Boston, and I do want to know that they will communicate with me as best they can while on the job, and am grateful for their service last week that kept my family safe as well.

However, yes they said things that were later shown to be untrue - call it what you will, a mistake, a mistruth, a miscommunication, whatever feels most appropriate.

I understand what you are saying... my posts were in regard to posters basically talking as if they were lying and I think 'conspiracy of silence' is a bit overboard here.

There is no question the standoff involved gunfire. It is true that Chief Deveau said gunfire was coming from the boat, which he qualified with, "it is my understanding". IMO, that's hardly a definitive, official statement.

I think the criminal complaint filed against DT would be though.

IMO, mom is most def trying to stir the pot, incite another attack on us. She does not mince words, At the camera screaming she hates us! Pretty clear in the context of the last week - no?

I think we all are getting confused about the vehicle situation Waterford that night. Here is the reason why it was reported intially a stolen police SUV :

NEAT: One of his officers put his cruiser into gear and jumped out of it, letting it roll at the suspects to draw fire, he said. The suspects peppered the car with bullets.

http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04...ate-getaway/jaIyrXr8fSnf5Pu4xnRbvM/story.html
That must have been the LE SUV that ending up in the driveway of the guy that got those ring side images as the shootout was going down.

Do we know when they purchased the pressure cookers? Was it just the day before? Were they coming from Macys where they supposedly bought them? If not, where were they coming from? Why were they out and about with the pressure cookers in their back packs? Were they someplace else assembling the bombs?

From the CNN article linked by epiphany above:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/25/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Its quite a long article with some old, some new information. I thought the following was interesting.

... "There is no evidence that New York City is currently a target of a terror attack stemming from the Boston bombings, Kelly added. Still, he said that authorities are investigating two visits that the surviving suspect made to New York City last year.

This image from VK.com shows Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in New York's Times Square.
In one of those trips, in April 2012, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is photographed in New York's Times Square.

One person pictured with him in Times Square remained in federal custody Thursday, as he's been for the last six days, on alleged visa violations.
This man, whom a federal law enforcement source said Dzhokhar shared a cell phone with, was originally detained last Friday with another person when federal agents swarmed a residence thinking Dzhokhar might be inside, a federal law enforcement source said.

Neither of these two detained men -- both foreign exchange students from Kazakhstan at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth, where Dzhokhar also was enrolled -- have been linked to the Boston Marathon attack. Yet investigators hope they can better piece together the suspected bombers' movements before and after the marathon.

"These guys are not being cut loose immediately, and there's a reason why," the federal law enforcement source said."

More, of course...

Suspects’ arms – After the manhunt, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said the brothers were “heavily armed” and numerous reports detailed a fairly extensive arsenal. According to a New York Times report from April 21 citing a law enforcement official, “The authorities found an M-4 carbine rifle … two handguns and a BB gun.” Now unnamed sources say there was only a single 9mm pistol between the two brothers. Indeed, photos of the shootout suggest only one brother had a weapon.

Boat gunfight? – Police initially reported that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev fired on police when they found him hiding in a boat Friday night. “It was back and forth … yes — he was firing,” Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau told CNN Saturday (though the FBI cautioned at the time that only federal authorities had official information). In its definitive “tick tock” of the events, the Washington Post reported that the suspect inside the boat “was shooting back.” But later, the Washington Post and the AP reported yesterday that Tsarnaev was unarmed when police found him after what what was described as a gunfight. As it turns out, police may have been spooked by an errant shot, and fired into the boat, but apparently zero shots came out.

These are the main examples of LE misspeak that I was aware of. It bothered me because I know it wasn't just bad reporting by the press, it was a changing story from the source (LE). Either they deliberately misspoke, or they spoke before they had information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932