Terry Lenamon is Casey's New Atty. **REVISTED**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well I don't see how this makes him a 'bad' lawyer. Sometimes lawyers defend the indefensible and his history (to me) indicates he is representing bad people. If two are on death row, and another facing x3 life sentences, I'm satisfied they should be there.

And I just posted this on the rumour thread- glad to know its official....
Does anyone else think tghe alligator atty is an interesting choice? Someone with lots of experience re children being fed to alligators?

WFTV: "Miami criminal defense attorney Terence Lenamon has joined the Casey Anthony defense team.

Two of the three high-profile murderers Eyewitness News knows he's defended are on death row.

The other is serving five consecutive life sentences."

:dance::clap:

Sounds like a good choice to me :)

Well I don't see how this makes him a 'bad' lawyer. Sometimes lawyers defend the indefensible and his history (to me) indicates he is representing bad people. If two are on death row, and another facing x3 life sentences, I'm satisfied they should be there.

I like to think of attornies as if I'm choosing the neurosurgeon I want to perform my brain surgery.

- Baez has performed one neurosurgery, and the patient died.

- Lenamon has performed three neurosurgeries. Two of the patients died. The other is a vegetable.

My chances with my brain surgery... ain't so good so far...

Well, when you represent clients who leave babies to be eaten by alligators...

Interesting ? about the conflict of interest-- it would seem like he gets around it since he does represent criminal defendants at the state level?

Seems he represents the scum of the scum! Casey should fit right in perfectly.

I like to think of attornies as if I'm choosing the neurosurgeon I want to perform my brain surgery.

- Baez has performed one neurosurgery, and the patient died.

- Lenamon has performed three neurosurgeries. Two of the patients died. The other is a vegetable.

My chances with my brain surgery... ain't so good so far...

Ha! I'd say that's a good way to pick and choose. Funny but true.

Casey has picked who will walk her down the isle.... of death row.

Thanks to TigerTiger for this find. (Posted on today's current events thread)

KC Death Penalty Lawyer Terry Lenamon Has New Blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casey Anthony's Death Penalty lawyer Terry Lenamon has just started a blog and he's already got stuff on there about the Casey Anthony case - and being on Nancy Grace (he was on last week). Websleuths is mentioned!

http://swartzlenamon.com/deathpenaltyblog/

Orlando resident Casey Anthony was accused of murdering her daughter Caylee Anthony, in a case that quickly garnered daily, national media coverage. As a member of the Anthony defense team (which the media has dubbed “the Casey Anthony Dream Team”), Terry Lenamon persuaded the State of Florida not to seek the death penalty by a mitigation package that stressed the mental health aspects of maternal filicide.

He seems to have an impressive record, according to his own website. Is he the real reason the Prosecution won't seek the DP? That seems to be his forte. Is he still a member of the "Dream Team"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casey Anthony's Death Penalty lawyer Terry Lenamon has just started a blog and he's already got stuff on there about the Casey Anthony case - and being on Nancy Grace (he was on last week). Websleuths is mentioned!

Orlando resident Casey Anthony was accused of murdering her daughter Caylee Anthony, in a case that quickly garnered daily, national media coverage. As a member of the Anthony defense team (which the media has dubbed “the Casey Anthony Dream Team”), Terry Lenamon persuaded the State of Florida not to seek the death penalty by a mitigation package that stressed the mental health aspects of maternal filicide.

He seems to have an impressive record, according to his own website. Is he the real reason the Prosecution won't seek the DP? That seems to be his forte. Is he still a member of the "Dream Team"?

It's interesting in his blog he talks about judgment and mercy and how quick everyone is to judge yet he doesn't see a lot of mercy. He asks the question "why, why, why" did this happen. He feels mercy comes when the "why" is answered.

The blog was an interesting read. I'd also like to add quote this from the end of his blog:
[FONT=&quot]In the Casey Anthony case, I’m not hearing many people asking that question WHY.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And, to me, that’s the most important question. Why. Why did this death happen? Because that’s the real answer we all want to know, I think, in any crime. And, because that’s where mercy is found.[/FONT]

Questions:

- If a mitgation package of mental health in relation to maternal filicide was used in the DP determination phase before trial, does that mean that defense has to use it also at trial? I mean, does the defense HAVE to raise the mental health reports at trial?
- will they loop this in to the Zanny defense?
- We've discussed at length that KC is not a likely candidate for 'not guilty by reason of insanity' so does this point ot a 'guilty, but really messed up' defense?

Sorry Mods, found this thread you can merge with :blowkiss:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73588&page=2

Seems like when this guy first came on board, everyone thought he was a dutz. (That's probably why he started his blog!) He's saying he gets people off the DP, not necessarily off all together. Although according to the cases he refers to, he has had charges reduced or dropped. Maybe not such a dutz after all. (He also likes spouting that he's part of the "Dream Team".)

Thanks to TigerTiger & cjm11 for finding and posting this blog! It's an interesting read!

The blog was an interesting read. I'd also like to add quote this from the end of his blog:
[FONT=&quot]In the Casey Anthony case, I’m not hearing many people asking that question WHY.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And, to me, that’s the most important question. Why. Why did this death happen? Because that’s the real answer we all want to know, I think, in any crime. And, because that’s where mercy is found.[/FONT]

Questions:

- If a mitgation package of mental health in relation to maternal filicide was used in the DP determination phase before trial, does that mean that defense has to use it also at trial? I mean, does the defense HAVE to raise the mental health reports at trial?
- will they loop this in to the Zanny defense?
- We've discussed at length that KC is not a likely candidate for 'not guilty by reason of insanity' so does this point ot a 'guilty, but really messed up' defense?

I don't think anything in Lenamon's brief opposing the DP must be used at trial. As I recall, we only got to see parts of his brief-- (I'd love to read the whole thing!). From what we did read, all of his arguments were (appropriately) steeped in hypotheticals -- very If I Did It....

I don't know that Lenamon referenced actual mental health evaluations-- what I read seemed to generally reference her publicly documented erratic and abnormal behavior with the tie-in that some might argue this could look like bipolar disorder. He similarly pointed to the known gaps in evidence and stated some might argue there's nothing to show premeditation and, if anything, some might argue this was an accident.

He was just doing what he needed to do as second-chair to submit arguments that Casey is likely ineligible for the DP as a matter of law-- Courts have an interest in resolving this question as early as possible in the trial process.

It seems to me Lenamon no longer represents Casey and we won't hear more from him or more about his possible mental health mitigation arguments unless the DP is back on the table.

Uh..........did he really post on his own site that he successfully argued that Casey couldn't face the death penalty due to the mental issues related to MATERNAL FILICIDE????????

Would the defense please talk to one another? She's supposed to be innocent, not Medea.

Uh..........did he really post on his own site that he successfully argued that Casey couldn't face the death penalty due to the mental issues related to MATERNAL FILICIDE????????

Would the defense please talk to one another? She's supposed to be innocent, not Medea.

Is Lenamon saying "she did it" with those words?:rolleyes:

Like Nejame, this guy doesn't leave much to the imagination about his disapproval of how the case was being handled. It seems he was wholly professionally offended, not just that they had different approaches. I am wondering if he found something so unethical, that he felt bound to report it to the bar. I have never heard of a lawyer coming off a case and divulging what the defense strategies discussed were. I don't think this will bode well for him being brought on to consult on other trials if the lawyers have to worry he will have press releases divulging work product, so he must have been really, really upset to do this, in my opinion. It would be like the Priest discussing in Sunday's service the private things you said in Wednesday's confession.Wednesdays confessions would lose their appeal in a hurry, eh? (I am not ridiculing the Catholic church, just using the analogy). Do you guys think so? On the other hand, I also think it is extremely unprofessional that he blogged about the case, ever. I thought lawyers were supposed to have things regarding a case forever remain private. Forever! Just makes you wanna run out an marry one. LOL!!!

On Nancy Grace Tuesday night I thought I heard TL say that JAB contacted him again after the DP got put back on the table. He said "I guess JB decided to go with someone else" or something to that effect. I'll have to dig up the transcript to see exactly what was said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back