Texas Cheerleaders Terrorize School

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mygirlsadie said:
Not that I agree with it or anything at all that these girls did but what does what they have on their Myspace acct. have anything to do with school rules? On another note I can't believe these fruitcakes are getting away with stuff like this when the little 5,6,7 yr olds are being treated as perverts and sexual predators for giving their little girlfriend a smooch in the classroom.
I recall a teacher who posted nude pictures on her My Space and got fired, so it should work both ways. My company has a policy about what we can blog about and post elsewhere. I am sure there's more to this MySpace story with these girls.

My school had codes of conduct all athletes, cheerleaders, band, etc. were to uphold. If any of us were caught drinking or smoking or any other mischief we were disciplined by the coach. Apparently these girls didn't feel it necessary to keep it under control. I definately put most of the blame on the principal, especially when there were 4 coaches in one year. I read where the parents said they had no idea there were problems. At first I wondered why the coach wouldn't have notified them herself (my coach wouldn't have hesitated to do so) but feel she must have felt intimidated by the principal and/or rest of the faculty.

RubyJune said:
My school had codes of conduct all athletes, cheerleaders, band, etc. were to uphold. If any of us were caught drinking or smoking or any other mischief we were disciplined by the coach. Apparently these girls didn't feel it necessary to keep it under control. I definately put most of the blame on the principal, especially when there were 4 coaches in one year. I read where the parents said they had no idea there were problems. At first I wondered why the coach wouldn't have notified them herself (my coach wouldn't have hesitated to do so) but feel she must have felt intimidated by the principal and/or rest of the faculty.
Around my neck of the woods, the "code of conduct" only applies off-season, and if we're not in a championship season. Unofficially, of course. Day before a game, players can pretty much get away with anything. Not sure about cheerleaders. Once players wear that championship ring, pretty much anything goes. They took it too far recently (won't go into that), but it resulted in a teacher getting fired. Nothing happened to the player(s).

The issue here is really about punishing these girls for something that did not occur at school.

These coaches IMO are pathetic... They .... like any other teacher should have contacted the parents.OK, so one parent was the principal but what about the others???

Mr E you sound like a good teacher!!

One thing that people are not bringing up is that the cheerleaders were skipping classes. This is against the law and so many unexcused abscences in Texas will get the parent threatened with jail, a large fine, and a humiliating day in court. I think this was ignored by the principal mom and the administration and that these girls got special priviligeses that other kids in Texas do not get. They probably send school skippers at the high school level to alternative schools nowadays too. I don't know about terrorizing the coaches but that sure isn't good behavior and so many episodes of bad behavior can get kids sent to alternative schools. My grandson's looney tunes 3 rd grade teacher threatened to call school police on him if he ever again got up out of his seat again while she was out of the room and took a pencil. Also, these girls were cheerleaders and could have had a chance to get scholarships and the prinicipal probably didn't want to mess that up but I'm glad to see that the girl is in an alternative school but it is probably only for a few weeks instead of the rest of the year. I don't think I buy that. I think the principal is responsible for messing up her daughter's chances in school by the being above the law and we make our own rules thinking..

I really don't think the issue is that the girls were doing anything so unusual or horrific...I think it's more the atmosphere created by the principal and then the girls as they realized they could get away with anything. Their behavior wasn't anything to get them arrested, but they definitely would have been kicked off the cheerleading squad here (maybe even kicked out of school). It's the fact that the teachers were being constantly undermined of their authority by the principal, the parents had no idea what was going on because the school chose not to notify them, and the behavior was escalating. Three previous coaches chose to quit and hope for a good letter of rec as opposed to rocking the boat and ruining their careers over these little brats. The last one finally had enough and had to go public to do something about it.

This is clearly a case where the principal was violating lots of rules and had been for a long time (the girls admit in "their side" that they had been allowed to skip class for the past 4 years!). I'll tell you one thing, we have a teacher at school whose son has him for class this year, and this kid wouldn't look at you wrong. He knows his dad would be the first to know and the last to look the other way!

If these girls were drinking, smoking, stealing and posting nasty photos on MySpace, they needed to be removed from the cheerleading squad, but not necessarily removed from the school. As cheerleaders, they represent their school and are held to a higher standard. Drinking, smoking, etc., is not a good representation of their school. I do think its been blown out of proportion, but the fact remains that they did these things and they need to suffer the consequences of their own actions.

I just saw the movie last night and can totally see why there was a lot of news around this... it was because administration was not following the RULES (oops, previous typo!!). Allowing one girl back on the squad twice when she couldn't do the required "tumbling" to be a cheerleader and she was skipping class and talking back to teachers with no discipline.

Those girls were little terrors!!

I just saw the movie last night and can totally see why there was a lot of news around this... it was because administration was not following the girls. Allowing one girl back on the squad twice when she couldn't do the required "tumbling" to be a cheerleader and she was skipping class and talking back to teachers with no discipline.

Those girls were little terrors!!

There's a movie? OMG, please tell me these little brats didn't get paid for their story to be brought to the screen. :furious:

Yea, it's been playing on Lifetime during their Good Girls Gone Bad week or w/e. It's called "The Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal"

There's a movie? OMG, please tell me these little brats didn't get paid for their story to be brought to the screen. :furious:

It was on Lifetime! If you go to their web site (can remember the url right now) they have an interview with the real coach. I don't think the girls will get paid for this story. I think the coach probably will. Not sure if the girls had to give consent to have stuff written about them?? I wonder if they could sue??
Not sure how all that works, but those girls very BAD and MEAN!!! :mad:
They needed to get their butts whacked with a paddle!!! The good old-fashioned way!! :)
That's how my parents disciplined me. Ohh, I learned pretty darned fast what I could and couldn't do!!

Yes, these cheerleaders should be put over someone's knee and spanked. Punished for being naughty girls. And someone should film it and send it to me.

(Oops, did I actually type that out loud?) :doh:

Yes, these cheerleaders should be put over someone's knee and spanked. Punished for being naughty girls. And someone should film it and send it to me.

LOL....um...yeah! :clap:

Doogie! Play nice or I'll tie you to a chair in Anna's forum... uh... on second thought... you'd probably like that! Ugh!

LOL!

LOL Doogie! And to think I watched " Lolita" last night.

Yea, it's been playing on Lifetime during their Good Girls Gone Bad week or w/e. It's called "The Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal"

As if they needed anything else to boost their egos, make a movie about 'em!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rndy
Back