Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Honestly I think it’s a good idea.

It will bring attention to the dangers and highlight all the hero’s.

And the wild boars, coach & family will most likely be paid for their story.
I bet the boys will be elated to have a movie made about them. I wouldn’t be surprised if the SEALS brought that up to them inside the cave as a motivator.

I bet the boys will be elated to have a movie made about them. I wouldn’t be surprised if the SEALS brought that up to them inside the cave as a motivator.

I'm much more jaded than you. Based on what I've seen of other Hollywood depictions, I believe it will be a history rewrite with a story line that goes something like this: Thai bad. America good. Americans save the day. The End.

IF I had any respect for Elon Musk, I lost it when he questioned the authorities who were so successful at rescuing these children and their coach against almost impossible odds.

As someone stated the other night, 'just get them all out before Elon Musk shows up with his thrown together submarine'. I thought it was funny, didn't realize how true a statement it was meant to be.

Musk did this only for his own glorification and that is very sad given the hundreds or thousands of people (unknown) who have helped with this rescue without asking for recognition of any sort, never mind money.

I'm much more jaded than you. Based on what I've seen of other Hollywood depictions, I believe it will be a history rewrite with a story line that goes something like this: Thai bad. America good. Americans save the day. The End.

Probably. <modsnip>

I have no doubt they will turn the story into mostly fiction. I hope whatever happens is what the family and the boys want. Who knows? Maybe they'll all be against it. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Also hoping if this turns into a movie that they'll really focus on all of the countries working together as a team. It was wonderful to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this news first broke about the time the 11th boy was confirmed rescued, and my comment then was limited to "unbelievable." After sleeping on it (napping, actually), I'm still feeling protective of these youth, and what I need to read before "Hollywood" is that the boys have been reunited with their parents, families and friends. That's my only interest here.

Bangkok - Wednesday, 4:45AM
BST: Today +6 hours
PST: Tomorrow +14 hours

Probably. <modsnip>

I have no doubt they will turn the story into mostly fiction. I hope whatever happens is what the family and the boys want. Who knows? Maybe they'll all be against it. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Doesn't matter. We all know the truth and the ending.

Photo shows four badass Thai Navy SEALs who stayed with boys in cave

The Thai Navy SEALs shared a photo of four brave men who stayed with the soccer team trapped inside a cave as the world celebrated their successful rescue mission.

The photo shows four SEALs in sunglasses and masks, with their gear hanging from their bodies, giving a thumbs up. The photo appears to have been taken inside the cave or near its entrance. The leader of the rescue operation said on Tuesday that all of the SEALs are now out, just like all 12 boys and their coach.

I feel at a loose end now. I’m elated and relieved that everyone is safe, breathing clean air and in comfortable beds. I hope there are updates on their health, but I know they need their privacy.
I’m truly amazed at what they endured and forever grateful that they came through it together.

Not sure if this has been posted:
Stateless and Poor, Some Boys in Thai Cave Had Already Beaten Long Odds

The Golden Triangle is a smuggling center, and a sanctuary for members of various ethnic militias that have spent decades pushing for autonomy from a government in Myanmar that routinely represses them.

Three of the trapped soccer players, as well as their coach, Ekkapol Chantawong, are stateless ethnic minorities, accustomed to slipping across the border to Myanmar one day and returning for a soccer game in Thailand the next.

Their presence undercuts a Thai sense of nationhood that is girded by a triumvirate of institutions: the military, the monarchy and the Buddhist monastery.

Much more at the link

Probably. <modsnip>

Also hoping if this turns into a movie that they'll really focus on all of the countries working together as a team. It was wonderful to see.

Australian News
July 10, 2018
Thai cave rescue movie: Hollywood producers arrive on scene

"Pure Flix
is based in Scottsdale, Arizona and Los Angeles and describes itself as a faith and family production and distribution film company. Its biggest film so far is God’s not Dead (2014), which made close to $US70 million worldwide produced on a budget of $US2 million."

"Mr Scott believes the cave rescue story, which will be centred around the two British divers who discovered the boys, is the perfect project for Pure Flix. “This just kind of fits our DNA in terms of a really inspirational story,” he said during an interview conducted late Monday.

“It’s got incredible heart, incredible acts of heroism and bravery. It’s just an incredible thing and we think it will inspire millions around the world.”

Mr Smith, who also runs KAOS Entertainment in Bangkok, said “it’s apolitical, it has no agenda. Everyone is on the same page and everyone is rooting for them”."

And, from the FoxNews article (based on the Australian article:

Thai cave rescue movie in early stages as producers arrive on the scene

"Producers from the faith-based production company Pure Flix told Fox News they arrived in Thailand to witness the rescue effort." more...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back