Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was looking for an update on the coach's health. Didn't find anything, but found and article on his background. (sorry if already posted)
He had it hard growing up. He lost both his parents when very young, and his brother.

Coach Ake: Thailand town rallies behind coach who took boys into cave - CNN

Thanks everyone for looking for info about the coach. I know he's the weakest and Im kind of worried about him both about his health and the government coming down hard on him. He needs as much support, maybe more, than the boys who have family members to help them. I sure hope he isn't 'charged' or held accountable for this 'adventure'.

ABC NIGHTLY NEWS just reported-
All boys were given medication to keep them from panicking during rescue.
4 Seals stayed with boys since day they were found.
A disaster was averted as Seals and 80-90 other divers were removing
equipment from the caves the main pump gave out and several
chambers were immediately flooded and divers had to abandon
all equipment inside the cave.
Special 20-20 segment tonight at 9pm EDT

WOW!

Thanks everyone for looking for info about the coach. I know he's the weakest and Im kind of worried about him both about his health and the government coming down hard on him. He needs as much support, maybe more, than the boys who have family members to help them. I sure hope he isn't 'charged' or held accountable for this 'adventure'.
Also of note, coach is NOT a Thai citizen, he's from Myranmar,
a neighboring country. And from reading the local Thai newspaper, Thai officials seem to come down hard on non-citizens.

Timing is everything, eh? So glad they got them all out last night...and these divers got out in time before this cave flooded again.

Australian News
July 10, 2018
Thai cave rescue movie: Hollywood producers arrive on scene

"Pure Flix
is based in Scottsdale, Arizona and Los Angeles and describes itself as a faith and family production and distribution film company. Its biggest film so far is God’s not Dead (2014), which made close to $US70 million worldwide produced on a budget of $US2 million."

"Mr Scott believes the cave rescue story, which will be centred around the two British divers who discovered the boys, is the perfect project for Pure Flix. “This just kind of fits our DNA in terms of a really inspirational story,” he said during an interview conducted late Monday.

“It’s got incredible heart, incredible acts of heroism and bravery. It’s just an incredible thing and we think it will inspire millions around the world.”

Mr Smith, who also runs KAOS Entertainment in Bangkok, said “it’s apolitical, it has no agenda. Everyone is on the same page and everyone is rooting for them”."

And, from the FoxNews article (based on the Australian article:

Thai cave rescue movie in early stages as producers arrive on the scene

"Producers from the faith-based production company Pure Flix told Fox News they arrived in Thailand to witness the rescue effort." more...

Also per the above article.

Mr Scott believes the cave rescue story, which will be centred around the two British divers who discovered the boys, is the perfect project for Pure Flix. “This just kind of fits our DNA in terms of a really inspirational story,” he said during an interview conducted late Monday.

And this article has more interesting info. If anyone produces this it should be them IMO.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...-stages-as-producers-arrive-on-scene.amp.html

Scott has a special connection to the case as his wife, who grew up in Thailand, was friends with the former Thai navy SEAL that died as part of the rescue efforts.

Last edited:
Geez Louise! Just like the saying goes....when it rains it pours! Sounds like the window of opportunity to get the boys out was just in time!

Also of note, coach is NOT a Thai citizen, he's from Myranmar,
a neighboring country. And from reading the local Thai newspaper, Thai officials seem to come down hard on non-citizens.

I think he was in a Burmese monastery over the border but was living in Thailand as a child when his family all died. Is he definitely not a Thai national?

Not a Thai national according to all I've seen. His parents and younger brother all died when a disease ravaged their village.

I read the village was in Thailand so wondered if he was born / grew up there. No idea though! I sincerely hope the authorities aren't harsh on him for not being Thai. I think there'll be an enormous show of support from the locals which hopefully will afford him some kind of immunity.

Underwater Demolition Assault Unit - Wikipedia

Hope this link for the Thai Navy Seals works this time. Problems posting tonight.

If you open the link you will see the link to their official FB page . It's interesting to go back to the 4th July to see the video of the seals and the boys (also on their first page) to see their condition then. There are also times noted for when the boys left the cave.

#ChiangMai 200 Locals Hold Memorial Run for Former Navy SEAL Saman Kunan Who Died In #ThamLuang Cave
Asia-News-De on Twitter

May he Rest In Peace. It is very tragic Mr. Kunan died but I am thankful that there were not multiple fatalities.

A special thank you to everyone involved in the rescue you are all heroes who risked your own safety to save others. Can the local government award bravery medals?

Thank you to all of you for caring about the boys and their coach being rescued. A special thanks for all the news updates from various extremely helpful sources. Websleuths is the best place to visit online for information in events like this.

Last edited:
Just more proof that the Wild Boars beat the odds.

Anne Barker on Twitter
Unbelievable rain at Chiang Rai in Thailand - heaviest in at least a week - shows just how lucky those boys and their coach were to get out! @abcnews #ThailandCaveRescue #ThamLuang

chambers were immediately flooded
and divers had to abandon

bbm & snipped for focus

Did someone say miracle?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...e-father-wants-to-hug-his-son-intl/index.html
"I promised the other parents, the five, I will wait and come out together. I'm not going to leave them. We're going to go together," Wongsukchan said.

The remaining boys and coach were transported to the nearby hospital Tuesday evening, where they joined eight of their teammates who are recuperating after being rescued Sunday and Monday.

The last of the group to emerge from the cave were four Navy SEALs, including a doctor who stayed with the team for a week after their discovery. Medics are due to give an update on everyone's condition at a media briefing on Wednesday morning.

So we should get an update soon!

Thank you to all of you for caring about the boys and their coach being rescued. A special thanks for all the news updates from various extremely helpful sources. Websleuths is the best place to visit online for information in events like this.

Well said, G. I got almost all my info from here, it’s been lovely to be part of a (mainly) happy thread for a change and even lovelier to see familiar faces (well, avatars) from all corners of the globe. You’ve all been absolutely brilliant!

Thank you and goodnight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back