DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Rising waters forced rescuers to suspend the search for 12 boys and their soccer coach missing for two days in a flooded cave complex in northern Thailand, but officials said Monday they believe they’re still alive.

The boys, aged 11-15, are believed to have entered the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in Chiang Rai province with their 25-year-old coach late Saturday afternoon. A mother reported that her son did not return from soccer practice that day, setting off the search.

636655011914391131-AP-Thailand-Cave-Search-100952395.JPG

Thai officials believe 12 boys missing in cave are alive

12 boys, soccer coach feared missing in flooded Thailand cave | CBC News

Getting deeper into the cave has required lots of oxygen and special diving skills, which would also complicate rescue efforts once the boys are found, Passakorn said. He said divers might have to first bring food in and the boys might need to wait out the flood or learn the basics of scuba to get out.

Anukoon Sorn-ek, a geographer and expert on the Tham Luang Nang Non cave, said divers have made it about three kilometres into the complex. He said the cave maintains a relatively stable temperature of about 25 C.

He said the only way to get the boys out would be for them to dive.

"But they have to be found first," he said.

Wonder why the family room is empty. If my son was there, I'd want to be close by when they brought him out, good or bad news.

ETA, just saw the post about them going to a meeting. Preparing them for whatever.....good or bad.

I might go to the hospital just because I likely wouldn’t be able to be in the helicopter and I would want to stay with my child once I saw them. I think another close person would stay to greet when they came out though. That’s just me though

It appears the divers are heading in. Were there other divers seen earlier when I was away? If this is the first set going in it will be many, many hrs. TIA

I am not sure that it is the first set. I think they have a 2nd group that will meet up with them at the 'choke point.' Because the divers have to take off their tanks to go through there. They may have fresh divers, waiting to help as each person comes through.

It appears the divers are heading in. Were there other divers seen earlier when I was away? If this is the first set going in it will be many, many hrs. TIA

I am not sure that it is the first set. I think they have a 2nd group that will meet up with them at the 'choke point.' Because the divers have to take off their tanks to go through there. They may have fresh divers, waiting to help as each person comes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill