DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cave rescue resumes in Thailand

Posting the BBC link again.

Posted at9:37

Timing unclear

It's unclear when the rescue operation is due to end, but a rescue official has said they will "hopefully... have good news in a few hours".The operation on Sunday was paused just before 21:00 local time (14:00 GMT)

(Local time is GMT +7)

Last edited:

Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith Maintaining Faith

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION

Our boys are coming home!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
~*~*~*~13~*~*~*~

_

That guy is saying, "no way buddy. Not going near the cave."

I must have missed them putting up the yellow tape.

I noticed they did very loud warnings a bit ago to the media evidently, then there was a scurry of activity, then out came the crime tape to mark boundaries. I think they are keeping it under control as hopefully soon the first two will emerge with their divers. Fingers and toes crossed here.

Oh geesh! This reporter is saying expect to see the first child around 7:00 pm.
Trad American Angel™ #TeamLiberty on Twitter

UPDATE at 3:40pm:They cannot confirm how long it will take & how many boys will come out. But expect to see first boy around 7pm. Yesterday’s rain hasn’t affected the rescue.Most of the divers are same

While I feel Elon Musk is a day late and dollar short for this rescue. (He is not a mind reader). I hope that he finishes his prototype and makes it viable for future cave rescues, it could save lives in the future. For that I give him kudo's as long as he does not drop it like a bad habit once this rescue is done. He must continue on and make it useful for those in the future, it could save lives. IMHO

I noticed they did very loud warnings a bit ago to the media evidently, then there was a scurry of activity, then out came the crime tape to mark boundaries. I think they are keeping it under control as hopefully soon the first two will emerge with their divers. Fingers and toes crossed here.

Oh I hope you're right! That would be a wonderful sight!

(Come on boys, come on out....)

Also, let's not forget our boys in the hospital right now (not that anyone has that's for sure) just saying who knows what physical ailments they have currently been diagnosed with..We have an idea of possibilities...

Oh geesh! This reporter is saying expect to see the first child around 7:00 pm.
Trad American Angel™ #TeamLiberty on Twitter

UPDATE at 3:40pm:They cannot confirm how long it will take & how many boys will come out. But expect to see first boy around 7pm. Yesterday’s rain hasn’t affected the rescue.Most of the divers are same
So possibly 3 hours to go. I believe it's about 4:05 pm now

I also have 2 daughters, 14 and 15. Can’t even imagine.

There was a PC.
Around 11.00. Send an international action Team to help the rest of the cave, which is considered the second day. Today, the weather is good, well-known, just a few hours ahead. Confirmed yesterday can help 4 people-Narongsak Osotspa Thanakorn
Nattha Komolvadhin on Twitter

#ThaiCaveRescue: The rescue operation to evacuate the remaining 9 people began at 11 a.m. and is expected to end at 21.00 pm, says Missiechef and governor of Chiang Rai #ThamLuang #ThaiNavySEAL
Paulinbangkok44 on Twitter

Could this mean they are getting all of them out between now and 9:00 pm Thailand time? Reports say he did not confirm the number they are bringing out this time.

Man I hope so but it sounded to me like they planned to repeat yesterday.

Thai cave rescue: Operation resumes for boys still trapped inside cave - CNN
By Euan McKirdy and Steve George, CNN

Updated 4:50 AM ET, Mon July 9, 2018

Tham Luang caves, Thailand (CNN)The rescue operation to remove eight Thai boys and their coach who are still trapped inside a cave in northern Thailand has resumed, according to the mission commander.

"At a press conference, former Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn said that Monday's mission involved largely the same divers -- with a "few swapped out" -- who carried out Sunday's treacherous operation, which took nine hours and led to the rescue of four boys.
The second attempt at evacuations started at 11 a.m. local time (12 a.m. ET) after rescue workers got some rest and refilled supplies,
"We hope to hear good news soon," Osotthanakorn said."

Phase two of Thailand cave rescue begins as boys and football coach remain trapped

"The second phase of the rescue operation to save eight boys and their football coach trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand is now underway.

The operation was temporarily halted as rain in the Chiang Rai region threatened to raise water levels inside the Tham Luang Nang Non cave again after four of the boys were brought to the surface on Sunday.

After a heavy but brief downpour hit the area on Monday morning, it was unclear how the rain affected the conditions inside the cave where the 12 boys and their coach were stranded by the high water more than two weeks ago."

***eta: from same link
The Thai official leading the rescue operation said it has gone “better than

*misinformation at link? Says "strongest were pulled put first"...sigh...
It's yahoo...grain of salt, but have to post for the record.

Thailand cave rescue begins as four of 12 boys freed in day of drama

“"Today was the best situation, in terms of the kids’ health, water and our rescue readiness,” Osatanakorn told a press briefing on Sunday night outside a government office a few kilometres from the cave in Mae Sai. “It has been our masterpiece work.”

The first boy emerged from the cave at 5.40pm, followed by a second 10 to 12 minutes later, he said: “After that, a third and fourth at 7.40pm and 7.50pm.”"

Last edited:
Does anyone know if ABC or Reuters live feed is up? I don't want to waste any data going over there, just to find out if they're not up. TY sorry...

"The four received preliminary health checks at the scene and were taken to a hospital in Chiang Rai, the nearest major city, he said. One was airlifted and three arrived by ambulance.

Osatanakorn did not name the boys who were rescued first, or reveal the basis on which they were selected. Parents waiting at the cave site did not know which boys had undertaken the dangerous two-mile journey out.

Namhom Boonpiam, the mother of Mongkhol, 14, said she was tracking unconfirmed reports on social media that her son was the first boy freed. “I just heard his name, Mongkhol, and I was happy enough,” she said."

Thailand cave rescue begins as four of 12 boys freed in day of drama

On the Reuters feed the police held what appeared to be a meeting in the middle of the intersection, much pointing going on. Now they seem to be posted at each key location as to control media/people. I think they are getting ready for something to happen...IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member