Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T...
In other parts of the world, south-western Japan had as much as 10cm per hour of rain, the highest in decades, the meteorological agency said. Almost 2 million people were still subject to evacuation orders on Monday.

The number of people who have died in floods and landslides triggered by “historic” levels of torrential rain in Japan has climbed to 122, with dozens of others still missing.
Japan: death toll climbs to 122 after 'historic' rain and landslides

So sad. Damn rain. It gives us life and takes it away.

I hate that some media sources are identifying the rescued boys by name. Especially if the rescue teams haven't officially confirmed their rescue to the family.

You're right it's very questionable what the DM did there. I noticed for the second group of boys they didn't so must have been told off by someone.

Where did they even get the names from? ETA: just saw Cags post above.

Something about this was posted early this morning, but this was just posted and has lots of info

Media behaviour comes under fire

In the race to be the first to get their hands on news and photos of the operation to extract 12 boys and their coach from Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai's Mae Sai district, some media crossed the line in their attempts to obtain information.

This led members of the public to slam the journalists responsible and question the ethics and professionalism of those channels, publications and portals.

On Sunday, two cases of media malpractice, in particular, infuriated the public: the use of a drone which interfered with a rescue helicopter and the interception of officers' radio communications.

One news outlet, in an attempt to capture photos of the first four boys rescued from the flooded cave, sent a drone flying near a helicopter that was used to evacuate the boys to a hospital in Chiang Rai. The operator of the drone claimed that he had asked for permission from an air force officer — a claim which the Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) later denied.

More at the link.

Im so thankful the really bad rains have not hit yet. This could have gotten so much worse had the torrential rains took hold.

Seeing how fast the current of the water was inside the cave was a scary sight. Its hard enough to try to dive inside small passages. Add a fast moving current to the mix and then its even worse.

Even if the water current goes in right direction it would be very bad if a fast current. It would make your body move faster than you want to go which could cause all kinds of problems. Scrapes, Cuts, getting wedged by the current are all very possible if current is too fast.

So much about this story is a miracle in the works. The holding off of the torrential rains is one of those miracles.

Here's a good picture of that current.
Caption: A Royal Thai Navy SEAL carries an oxygen tank through the cramped passages of Tham Luang cave.
(Article is older)
Perils of Thailand’s dark and dangerous 10km Tham Luang cave

Attachments

• 2aae8bcdabb9e77cf755d945ac89442f.jpg
    2aae8bcdabb9e77cf755d945ac89442f.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 58
Apparently the information about yesterdays boys came from a Facebook group that the parents themselves have set up. So they are being told but for whatever reason have been asked to keep schtum today.

All of the parents remain at the cave site, and these Facebook group posts are repeating MSM. Thai Govt is referring inquires to the Thai Navy Seals facebook page for updates.

DM is reporting that 4 is the best number for a rescue, so the coach may be left in the cave alone overnight. Wow.

Surely not literally alone? A doc & nurse have stayed with the boys this whole time, I think, and can't imagine they would leave & leave him behind.

I also can't imagine how relieved he will be to see the last group of boys all wrapped up in extra wet suits for warmth, being cradled by divers & taken away to safety...

I don't think we can 100% trust ANY of the reporting given the translation issues, time lapses, and the fact there are hundreds of people helping and dozens of reporters all vying for a scoop. I suppose 8 out of 13 is all that really matters.

Apparently the information about yesterdays boys came from a Facebook group that the parents themselves have set up. So they are being told but for whatever reason have been asked to keep schtum today.

All of the parents remain at the cave site, and these Facebook group posts are repeating MSM. Thai Govt is referring inquires to the Thai Navy Seals facebook page for updates.

Does this mean that the names released are not verified?

Surely not literally alone? A doc & nurse have stayed with the boys this whole time, I think, and can't imagine they would leave & leave him behind.

I also can't imagine how relieved he will be to see the last group of boys all wrapped up in extra wet suits for warmth, being cradled by divers & taken away to safety...

I agree. I think at least the Australian doctor is still there and will be the last to be rescued. Boys and coach need to be first.

Re: All of the parents remain at the cave site,
Here's a link for that (unofficial info):
Thai cave rescue: Parents of trapped boys haven't seen sons - CNN
Instead of being reunited with their children, the boys' families have agreed to remain at the cave site until all of the boys and their soccer coach are brought out of the cave, a relative of one of the Wild Boars told CNN.

Does anyone have a guess as to why the rescue system being used would not work if a fifth boy/coach was added?

Back in the other thread, an official commented the rescue system being used was for four boys.

According to the Daily Mail the first boy out was Monhkhol Boonpiam, 13, known as Mark.
The second boy was Prajak Sutham, known as Note.
Number three was Nattawoot Thakamsai, a 14-year-old asthma sufferer whose parents have already lost a baby daughter to cancer.
Lastly came Pipat Bodhu, 15, aka Nick, who was not even in the team but came along as a friend of the goalkeeper.

Ekkapol Chantawong, 25, coach
Duangphet Promthep, 12
Somphong Jaiwong, 13
Mongkol Boonpium, 13 aka Mark
Chanin Wiboonroongrueng, 11
Phornchid Kamluang, 16
Prachuck Sutham, 14; aka Note
Peerapat Sompiengjai, 16
Ekkarat Wongsookchan, 14
Panumart Saengdee, age unknown
Pipat Phothai, 15 aka Nick
Nattawoot Thakamsai, 14

Adul Samon, 14

Alive! Four Thai boys who made it out of cave in daring rescue are identified | Daily Mail Online
Cagz --
I posted this ↓ (following below) yesterday -- but it p'bly got lost in the shuffle.
Here are more details on our boys, for when you upate this ↑ running post as they are brought out (if you still intend to do so - (or we can start another))
(In ooking at it, looks like one of the names had already been updated, probably while I was putting it all together!)

OK, Cags--
Just some add'l updates - when you get the chance;
- nicknames, and another age correction:

Duangpetch Phromthep, is now 13 = aka Tom
(btw, have seen it usually spelt Duangphet)

Panumart Saengdee = aka Mick
(Usually spelt Panumas in articles)

Ekkapol Chantawong = aka Coach Ake

Somphong Jaiwong = aka Pong
(Usually spelt Sompong)

Chanin Wiboonroongrueng = aka Tun
(Sometimes spelt Wiboonrungrueng)

Phornchid Kamluang, = aka Tee

Peerapat Sompiengjai = aka Knight
(Usually spelt Pirapat Sompiangchai)

Ekkarat Wongsookchan = aka Bew
(Usually Wongsukchan)

Nattawoot Thakamsai = Toel

Adul Samon (no aka I can find)

OK, that's it for now, my eyes are glazing over! It's difficult verifying these names, as there are a few variations of spelling in English alphabet - but I noted here when I've seen a more-commonly way in most articles.
And also verifying ages kinda wonky, because of how they count birthday age:
Duangphet Phromthep just had a 13 Bday -- some reports say he turned 14, but in Thailand, they often count YOB as the first birthday, where as the West starts from zero. (I think their official records and documents may use the Western way, but not sure, maybe Jennifer17 knows!)

I think there might be one other birthday boy in there somewhere
I'll check a little more later.

Anyway, this for now, I'm pooped!
And now we all anxiously await when you update, as each sweetiepie comes out! :) ❤️
。。。

Last edited:
Does anyone have a guess as to why the rescue system being used would not work if a fifth boy/coach was added?

Back in the other thread, an official commented the rescue system being used was for four boys.

My guess is that only a few of the divers can actually do this dive and rescue. They probably simply can't care for even 1 extra person- even if it is an adult with excellent meditation skills :)

The dive itself is VERY risky, adding in a rescue and I assume only these specialized 8 divers can pull it off. 2 divers per person. These divers are the best in the world- seriously.

I agree. I think at least the Australian doctor is still there and will be the last to be rescued. Boys and coach need to be first.
Australian doctor is an experienced cave diver and is capable of coming out on his own however I wonder if he would be helping
this last group w/ coach. this may be last trip tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill