Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a guess as to why the rescue system being used would not work if a fifth boy/coach was added?

Back in the other thread, an official commented the rescue system being used was for four boys.
I'm wondering if it has to do with the tanks being placed along the way. Maybe they can only put enough to bring 4 out with what they can place.

Does anyone have a guess as to why the rescue system being used would not work if a fifth boy/coach was added?

Back in the other thread, an official commented the rescue system being used was for four boys.

My understanding is a combination of the following:
  1. Number of rescue divers needed for the mission - accounting for 2 divers/rescue
  2. Depleting oxygen levels in the cave
  3. Capacity of oxygen tanks placed along the rescue path
I'm sure they'd love to have the mission wrapped up today but it's not worth risking the safety of the boys and the rescue divers. Safer to wait for another day and get the last person.

Edited for grammar

"The next operation is scheduled to be launched by 4pm local time on Tuesday but the rescue chief said he could not guarantee the last five would be freed by the end of the day.

“I cannot answer this question right now,” he said. “It’s down to weather conditions and our plan. We’ve set a plan for four but if we want to rescue five, those responsible will have to adjust the plan. We can’t overrule the diving team because it involves safety.”"

Eight boys now freed in daring rescues from Thai cave

(Eta: thanks BUF for providing the link in the last thread.)

Last edited:

Could be sheer exhaustion of the particular elite divers, for the worst area.
It gets really risky. I mean it's already risky, but, perhaps that's a (at least one) reason?

"The next operation is scheduled to be launched by 4pm local time on Tuesday but the rescue chief said he could not guarantee the last five would be freed by the end of the day.

“I cannot answer this question right now,” he said. “It’s down to weather conditions and our plan. We’ve set a plan for four but if we want to rescue five, those responsible will have to adjust the plan. We can’t overrule the diving team because it involves safety.”"

Eight boys now freed in daring rescues from Thai cave
I wonder why they are starting so late when the other operations began in the morning?

I must have missed the part about the Australian doctor staying in the cave?
Is there a link or source? He triaged the boys for the rescue but not sure he has stayed down there....... I think they may leave the coach alone for the night.
Just hope they leave the lights on and go back for him. the longer he's down there, the sicker he will be......not good at all.

Is there a link or source? He triaged the boys for the rescue but not sure he has stayed down there....... I think they may leave the coach alone for the night.
Just hope they leave the lights on and go back for him. the longer he's down there, the sicker he will be......not good at all.
Pretty sure the Dr. has been there with them.

There are SEALS with him. They won't leave him by himself. Also the doctor that has been staying with them and giving them medicine is not the Australian doctor. He's Thai.

Last edited:
I wonder why they are starting so late when the other operations began in the morning?
I don't believe for a second that they are starting that late. They are purposely misleading the media. They did the same thing yesterday. It wasn't until hours after the operation started that they finally admitted it was already a go.

Both days they started around the same time. I think the first day was 10:40 and the next was 11:00. My guess is they'll do it the same way they have been. They've got a routine going.

I have great admiration for these parents who are waiting at the cave for all the boys to be brought out.

Even if they have been restricted from seeing their sons due to the infectious diseases the boy may have, the caring for each other is something that is lost in the majority of the United States.

I have great admiration for these parents who are waiting at the cave for all the boys to be brought out.

Even if they have been restricted from seeing their sons due to the infectious diseases the boy may have, the caring for each other is something that is lost in the majority of the United States.
I don't agree at all. Whether it be natural disasters or missing children, Americans pull together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill