THC in Trayvon's system

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw, that was a theory I had before I knew about the lighter and speculated about the change. So I still think it's a plausible theory about why he was dawdling around outside not wanting to go home or been observed, particularly since he was going to be stuck at his dad's for a period of time, had an older cousin in the area -- so clearly he had some contacts, and had some overlapping calls/texts on this cell during that time frame.

Like I said, I'm not surprised or terribly concerned that he was a pot smoker. To me, it's just a possible explanation for how he came to be not home when he easily could have been. jmo
jmo

eta: I just saw your other post with questions about why I think this. I think I answered them here, even though I didn't know they had been asked lol. And, although I'm not a pot smoker, let's just say I'm drawing on some personal experience in similar situations. :::we need an incognito emoticon:::

IMO, you offered more plausible reasons above as to why he might be considered to have been dawdling. My impression was that you were implying he was dawdling because he was buying or using pot that night, which there appears to not be evidence of, as far as I know. I don't consider a lighter evidence. Additionally, I don't see how he would have known where to get pot in a community where he doesn't live and doesn't seem to have spent a whole lot of time at.
Again, I appreciate the response:)

What does smoking pot have to do with breaking into houses? And GZ did not know about the THC in TM's system. This would not help him. A lot of people smoke pot and it tends to stay in the system for a long time afterward. This is just a red herring distraction, nothing more.

For one thing, it helps the defense because it is another crack in the pure and innocent choir boy image of TM that Crump has fed to the nation. And it also supports GZ's "profiling" that TM was a drug user. Again, a wash, but even that is in the defense's favor. It would have been much worse for the defense if the test had come back clean. IMO.

Unfortunately in the state of Florida having drugs show up in your system in taken very seriously. You can be fired from your job or not hired for a job, and the big one is that your children can and most likely will be taken away from you. No matter how you look at it in this state you are on the poo poo list if your a drug user.

Unfortunately in the state of Florida having drugs show up in your system in taken very seriously. You can be fired from your job or not hired for a job, and the big one is that your children can and most likely will be taken away from you. No matter how you look at it in this state you are on the poo poo list if your a drug user.

Unfortunately?

IMO, the only thing the THC does is give some credence to GZ's initial suspicion. It would have been much worse for the defense if the tox tests had come back clean so, at the very least, it's a wash. And even a wash favors the defense perspective.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

They might try to argue this but I don't think it will work. The level of THC in Trayvon's system was tiny, and it seems unlikely that it even impacted Trayvon in any way, let alone so much that a casual observer would state that he was on drugs and that something was definately wrong with him.

And those words, in my opinion, are going to metaphorically hang George Zimmerman. As it turns out, there was nothing definately wrong with Trayvon Martin. Yet Zimmerman said that there was. Consider that a moment.

Zimmerman, during his 911 call, described Trayvon using language typically used to describe a threat. Trayvon was on something, he was messed up, something was wrong with him, something was DEFINATELY wrong with him, he was looking his way, coming towards him, reaching for something in his wasteband, holding something in his hands!

And there is no reason now to assume that ANY of this is true. The foundation of all of it -- that Trayvon was high as a kite and dangerous -- was blown completely out of the water with this tox report.

And for their children, family, employers and members of the general public, it is most fortunate, imo.

Yes, because my smoking pot is such a burden on my family and members of the general public. Not really

Yes, because my smoking pot is such a burden on my family and members of the general public. Not really

My understanding is that you are using drugs legally, not recreationally. So your experience is not relevant to my point.

ahem....

this topic of this thread is regarding the THC levels found in Trayvon's body, per the autopsy report.

we're not here to bicker about whether it is okay or not okay according to personal beliefs or by sharing personal experiences.
Personally, I wouldn't advise that anyway. This is the internet, after all. .

It's not about George Zimmerman's medications. There is a topical thread for that so please don't bring it over here.

Keep it about Trayvon, please. :)

I've always said that unless they find something harder than marijuana in his system, it doesn't really matter in my opinion. I stand by that. If twitter/facebook/etc come into play it may be used to show that he wasn't the innocent little boy that has been portrayed, otherwise it's a "meh" to me.

I'd rather take someone smoking a bit of pot over someone on highly addictive prescription medications like GZ was!

MOO

I'd rather take someone smoking a bit of pot over someone on highly addictive prescription medications like GZ was!

MOO

We need to keep in mind that GZ's medication was legally prescribed by a doctor and is used by children and adults worldwide. I'd hate to see a negative connotation placed on a drug someone is taking to correct a physical ailment. It's no different than the earlier bashing of GZ because he was seeking counseling. I applaud those who understand they need help and seek a solution and personally find it unsettling when these same people are vilified for doing so.

MOO

I take a couple of highly addictive medications due to a medical condition.
Nice to know people like me are thought less of than an illegal drug user.
I'd gladly give my condition away but can't.
I don't have a choice.

:waitasec:

is this significant?

Please be civil and remember Trayvon is dead. This thread is to discuss the potential ramifications of testing positive for pot in a victim of homicide.

This doesn't have to be a fight. It can be a conversation- it is all about presentation of your ideas.

As for my opinion, I have no idea because I don't know when he used, how often he used or how pot manifests itself with Trayvon when is is using.

So for me it is not significant at this point but certainly could be in the future.

We had a case here not too long ago where a drunk driver killed 3 people, one of whom was a an Angel pitcher.(Adenhart). Driver was convicted of 2nd degree murder. It did come out that the driver of the other vehicle also had a BAC well over the limit. Did it matter? Not at all. So in some cases this might be significant and in other it might not.

What do you think and show respect for Trayvon please.

Coming in late, been out of the site for awhile...I needed to take a break before I get banned permanantly...:smile: Sorry...

This matters not to me...Trace amount is nothing significant. Which is why he was living there...Lots of folk smoke weed, I believe if the world smoked weed we'd have a much less violent society. Weed is a mellow head, helps medicinally so how bad can it be?

This still goes back to GZ, Trayvon's death would have been avoided if he stayed in his vehicle. It appears to me, GZ instigated this situation, was getting his *advertiser censored* whipped and fired his weapon within inches of his contact with Trayvon. That in itself removes the SYG defense....You can't start an altercation and then use this very confusing statute..

If not for GZ....this is wholly his fault....he should have stayed in his vehicle...

We have heard THC levels were considered low but does anyone what the level of the THC-COOH level means, I have never heard this term before? Also would the presence of cannabinoids in the urine give a better idea of how long ago the pot was smoked?

Toxicology tests found elements of the drug in the teenager's chest blood -- 1.5 nanograms per milliliter of one type (THC), as well as 7.3 nanograms of another type (THC-COOH) -- according to the medical examiner's report. There also was a presumed positive test of cannabinoids in Martin's urine, according to the medical examiner's report. It was not immediately clear how significant these amounts were.

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/na...found-in-trayvon-martins-system#ixzz1vWA1KxDv

I take a couple of highly addictive medications due to a medical condition.
Nice to know people like me are thought less of than an illegal drug user.
I'd gladly give my condition away but can't.
I don't have a choice.

:waitasec:

Hugs to you, Kimberlyd125. I, too, take several medications for medical conditions and although none are highly addictive, I've also felt the sting from the anti-prescription drug comments.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

They might try to argue this but I don't think it will work. The level of THC in Trayvon's system was tiny, and it seems unlikely that it even impacted Trayvon in any way, let alone so much that a casual observer would state that he was on drugs and that something was definately wrong with him.

And those words, in my opinion, are going to metaphorically hang George Zimmerman. As it turns out, there was nothing definately wrong with Trayvon Martin. Yet Zimmerman said that there was. Consider that a moment.

Zimmerman, during his 911 call, described Trayvon using language typically used to describe a threat. Trayvon was on something, he was messed up, something was wrong with him, something was DEFINATELY wrong with him, he was looking his way, coming towards him, reaching for something in his wasteband, holding something in his hands!

And there is no reason now to assume that ANY of this is true. The foundation of all of it -- that Trayvon was high as a kite and dangerous -- was blown completely out of the water with this tox report.

I completely disagree. First, Crump's ready-made choir boy image has been completely damaged. While there are many here who think smoking pot is a common practice, it is not commonly thought of as a virtue. Further, if this case goes to trial, IMO there's a good chance that the defense will get an expert to testify on cannabis withdrawal to give a possible reason as to why TM attacked GZ (as the prosecution will surely have witnesses claiming he would never do such a thing). Sure, the defense may choose to ignore the THC levels altogether, but if the prosecution tries to use them, IMO, they'll do so at their own risk.

This was not a win for the prosecution side. And even though I think it's a wash, it is evidence that the defense may be able to use in their favor.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

We have heard THC levels were considered low but does anyone what the level of the THC-COOH level means, I have never heard this term before? Also would the presence of cannabinoids in the urine give a better idea of how long ago the pot was smoked?

http://www.nhtsa.gov/People/injury/research/job185drugs/cannabis.htm
nterpretation of Blood Concentrations: It is difficult to establish a relationship between a person's THC blood or plasma concentration and performance impairing effects. Concentrations of parent drug and metabolite are very dependent on pattern of use as well as dose. THC concentrations typically peak during the act of smoking, while peak 11-OH THC concentrations occur approximately 9-23 minutes after the start of smoking. Concentrations of both analytes decline rapidly and are often < 5 ng/mL at 3 hours. Significant THC concentrations (7 to 18 ng/mL) are noted following even a single puff or hit of a marijuana cigarette. Peak plasma THC concentrations ranged from 46-188 ng/mL in 6 subjects after they smoked 8.8 mg THC over 10 minutes. Chronic users can have mean plasma levels of THC-COOH of 45 ng/mL, 12 hours after use; corresponding THC levels are, however, less than 1 ng/mL. Following oral administration, THC concentrations peak at 1-3 hours and are lower than after smoking. Dronabinol and THC-COOH are present in equal concentrations in plasma and concentrations peak at approximately 2-4 hours after dosing.

bbm found this on THC-cooh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members