The 6 minute phone call when JH failed to talk to anyone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how they had it planned. The plan was for the day care workers to tell her that Ross called and that he accidently left Cooper in the car and he died, so everyone would crowd around her and she could be in mourning and people would accompany her to the hospital/morgue.

When no one gave her any suggestions, her first thought was to have someone go with her to his work, because she didn't want to go there alone if maybe Ross was off to the hospital/morgue with Cooper.

As for Ross screaming FU to the police, that was his own frustration in not being able to contact LAA to get the ball rolling for Leanna. He probably was going to tell LAA where exactly he was so she could drive there and they can be together. Since LAA didn't get that information, Leanna didn't know where to go so she could only think of going to where he worked.

MOO

Could be.

He calls Leanne first from the scene, she misses the call. He then calls HD main number and has a 6 minute call that tracks back to Toddler Room #5? Then tells Detectives that he did not speak to anyone when confronted with that information. AND snaps at the scene.

Here it is laid out at LAA. This is just from the probably cause hearing so there are no exact witness statements:

Once LH walked into the day care, she walked back into Cooper's classroom where she ran into Michelle who asked, "What are you doing here?". Leanna said, "I'm here to pick up Cooper" and, Ross never dropped Cooper off. She got really calm and was like, "I don't know what to do". They walked back out into the lobby and in front of several witnesses, all of a sudden she states, "Ross must have left him in the car!" They were like, "What?" Leanna said, "there is no other explanation, Ross must have left him in the car." They tried to console her and she was like, "No, there are a thousand reasons, he could have taken him to lunch or something, we don't know yet." Leanna was like, "No!".

TJ (Terrell) stated he was at the front desk, Leanna came up there and stated that she couldn't find Cooper and that Ross must have left him in the car, he could be no other place.

TJ said there's a million places he could be, have you tried calling him? She said it's going straight to voice mail.

She said, "Can you come over with me to his work?"

They got in her car and drove over to the Treehouse.

FOUND IT!

21:00 - part 2, probable cause hearing:

Leanna was accompanied by a male, TJ from LAA. First name is Terrell.

TJ stated he was at the front desk, Leanna came up there and stated that she couldn't find Cooper and that Ross must have left him in the car, he could be no other place.

TJ said there's a million places he could be, have you tried calling him? She said it's going straight to voice mail.

She said, "Can you come over with me to his work?"

They got in her car and drove over to the Treehouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff6SR0oHFQ8

Why is she going to his work when he called her at 4:04 after calling his friends r.e. going to the movies? Did he not tell her during that call that he was going to see a movie? Did he normally stay at HD until 5 pm and expect him to be there?

Sorry if this is already being discussed, I'm still reading this afternoon's posts.

Why is she going to his work when he called her at 4:04 after calling his friends r.e. going to the movies? Did he not tell her during that call that he was going to see a movie? Did he normally stay at HD until 5 pm and expect him to be there?

Sorry if this is already being discussed, I'm still reading this afternoon's posts.

That is exactly what I said!

Did he set her up ? Or did she know and was playing along? If he set her up, why not tell her about the movies? If she was in on it, she pretended not to know?

And....Her comment to the daycare worker about Ross' phone going straight to VM bugs me.

Was he sending her calls straight to VM by hitting decline? He was using his phone from the scene almost immediately after he pulled in. And the first person he calls is Leanne, who misses the call. Then she claims his phone is going to VM when she is trying to reach him?

His friends were able to send him a text from the movie theater at around 5:30. Why couldn't Leanne reach him at 4:51? Did she ever send him a text? Or did she just call? And why? And why did she miss his call from the scene?

Yep, why voice calls and not texts when he had texted her earlier that day about what time she was going to pick up his buddy? She would have received a notification of that message so why call??? He was on the phone right away according to witnesses on the scene. He left his son and walked to the other side of his car and got on the phone. He had just spoken to his wife minutes earlier.

He makes three calls only. One to his wife and then he GIVES UP calling her. WHY???? This is so suspicious to me that I can't figure it out. He calls HD twice. WHY? Was she supposed to be there already? She only got there just before 5 pm. Why notify outsiders that his kid is dead? That can't possibly be it. He would tell the daycare his kid is dead??? I really don't think that could be it either. Did her phone run out of battery life?

When do you think they found out? Stoddard said that JRH stopped at the pizza place parking lot that was close to the movies. People have opined that he was going to try and make it to the movies for his " Big Reveal" but the smell got to him.
I don't know how the logistics of driving to the movies to get sympathy from his friends when he "discovered" Cooper would have worked without having a definitive plan on where to meet up. . Otherwise they would all be in separate cars spread out all over the parking lot.
Hmm, discovery at the theater, his buddies could've all run out to comfort him... and helicopters couldn't film from over head...
Not that it matters, but the theater has a parking deck.

3yhu7y9u.jpg

Yep, why voice calls and not texts when he had texted her earlier that day about what time she was going to pick up his buddy? She would have received a notification of that message so why call??? He was on the phone right away according to witnesses on the scene. He left his son and walked to the other side of his car and got on the phone. He had just spoken to his wife minutes earlier.

He makes three calls only. One to his wife and then he GIVES UP calling her. WHY???? This is so suspicious to me that I can't figure it out. He calls HD twice. WHY? Was she supposed to be there already? She only got there just before 5 pm. Why notify outsiders that his kid is dead? That can't possibly be it. He would tell the daycare his kid is dead??? I really don't think that could be it either. Did her phone run out of battery life?

No, because when the daycare tells her to call Ross and find out what has happened, she answers that Ross' phone is going "straight to voicemail." Not, "my phone is dead" or anything.

That comment bugs me.

No, because when the daycare tells her to call Ross and find out what has happened, she answers that Ross' phone is going "straight to voicemail." Not, "my phone is dead" or anything.

That comment bugs me.

Didn't she check her phone and see she had a "missed call" from him? I certainly would have! and that might have reassured me that maybe RH had an explanation.

Why doesn't she know he is not at the Treehouse? Did he often just disappear after work with no explanation?

That comment bugs me.

If she was calling him while he was on his phone trying to reach her in Toddler room 5, would it go straight to voicemail? It could be that she was walking out of the daycare with front desk TJ while Ross was on the line with room 5, then LE took his phone away. Whoever he reached then went to front desk but she was gone. It would be incredibly coincidental, but possible maybe.

LE probably took his phone away by 4:50. After that third call. Figuring that's about a 1/2 hour after they arrived.

That is exactly what I said!

Did he set her up ? Or did she know and was playing along? If he set her up, why not tell her about the movies? If she was in on it, she pretended not to know?

And....Her comment to the daycare worker about Ross' phone going straight to VM bugs me.

Was he sending her calls straight to VM by hitting decline? He was using his phone from the scene almost immediately after he pulled in. And the first person he calls is Leanne, who misses the call. Then she claims his phone is going to VM when she is trying to reach him?

His friends were able to send him a text from the movie theater at around 5:30. Why couldn't Leanne reach him at 4:51? Did she ever send him a text? Or did she just call? And why? And why did she miss his call from the scene?

Her call records will be interesting, if she called him at all. I think she may have been avoiding him. I wonder if she tried calling him in front of everyone once daycare said the child was never brought in. Even if she couldn't get him before, this news should have made her try again.

LE probably took his phone away by 4:50. After that third call. Figuring that's about a 1/2 hour after they arrived.
I think he tried to call her while she was driving. She called him when she arrived at the daycare and it went to vm because by then LE had taken his phone away?

But why did she ask someone to go with her to RH's job? What was the purpose of that?

She feared what she was going to find there..Cooper was left in RH's car? Maybe she didn't know before hand, maybe she is just strange.

Did LE take Leanna's phone? I don't think so but I could be wrong.

I am not sure? If she was shaky, crying ,pale the daycare worker may have very well have driven her? I know when I worked at a daycare and Pediatric offices as well, in a situation like that, you can't just turn a parent loose. There are legal issues. Was this guy just a day care worker or was he the director of the center?

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Ok thread title says '6 minute phone call/ failed to talk to anyone' ... so how did a MOD or whomever named this thread come up with ' failed to talk to anyone' ? I'm sorry I'm late to the table here. But I've been reading about this in this thread and the other and who was it, what did he say, vm or n ot, etc. But it just NOW dawned on me the thread title says he did not speak to anyone........so which is it? TIA

Ok thread title says '6 minute phone call/ failed to talk to anyone' ... so how did a MOD or whomever named this thread come up with ' failed to talk to anyone' ? I'm sorry I'm late to the table here. But I've been reading about this in this thread and the other and who was it, what did he say, vm or n ot, etc. But it just NOW dawned on me the thread title says he did not speak to anyone........so which is it? TIA

Going by what RH claimed in LE interview -- per Stoddard on the stand, LE witnessed RH on the phone -- when asking him who he was talking to/asking him to get off the phone, he claimed he was telling someone "our baby is dead" and cursed at LE... later during questioning, RH stated that he wasn't talking to anyone.... call lasted SIX minutes... either he was lying on scene or lying during interview or both....

So.... we don't know

We did ? 'Cuz we were bad and not following rules?

I'm blaming it on the full moon AND the lack of new info to pick apart.

It was rough in there that last night :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member