The $67 Million Pants

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I like this comment by the Chungs' lawyer:

Because Pearson no longer wanted to use his neighborhood dry cleaner, part of his lawsuit calls for $15,000 — the price to rent a car every weekend for 10 years to go to another business.

"He's somehow purporting that he has a constitutional right to a dry cleaner within four blocks of his apartment," Manning said.

Also, thankfully:

Sherman Joyce, president of the American Tort Association, has written a letter to the group of men who will decide this week whether to renew Pearson's 10-year appointment. Joyce is asking them to reconsider.

The association, which tries to police the kind of abusive lawsuits that hurt small businesses, also has offered to buy Pearson the suit of his choice.

And former National Labors Relations Board chief administrative law judge Melvin Welles wrote to The Washington Post to urge "any bar to which Mr. Pearson belongs to immediately disbar him and the District to remove him from his position as an administrative law judge."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070503...ollar_pants;_ylt=ApQbGW87FwsgeqIbKWZUsU4uQE4F

He most certainly should be disbarred, IMO.

what a piece of work he is! i wonder if he lives with anyone who has to put up with his ways? can you imagine? :eek:

This is a totally ridiculous suit. :crazy:

It will be a shame if we lose what makes us unique- already because we watch so much American tv-our language is changing- give us another 50 years and we will all be talking with an American accent :doh:

Noooooo! I love that accent.

I think this judge should get nothing after he turned down more than one perfectly reasonable settlement offer.

OK guys......how about,, if i learn an australian accent to blend in with you,, i won't ask for any water. deal......?
The beers pretty good down here so you wont die of thirst:D

It's not just the accent that is so endearing, I love all the nicknames I've learned from our family in Australia:

Mosquitos- mozzies
sunglasses- sunnies
swim suit- cozzie (as in swimming costume)
present (gift) -prezzie
fake sick day- chuck a sickie
alot- heaps (I love you heaps)
kindergarten-kindie
complain/whine- whinge
university-uni
relative/family- rellie

I might not have the spelling right but I'm going off how these words 'sound' to me. There are heaps more but these are the words that come to mind straight away.

Sorry for the OT.

Back to topic, I bet this judge doesn't really expect to be awarded much at all. I think he got pissed off and figured he would screw with these people as much as he could and he's getting exactly what he set out to achieve. Jerk with a brain enough to study law and even become a judge, what a waste.

Jubie

ha actually cried over his pants ....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281473,00.html

When Pearson testified as himself — a narrative that lasted for more than an hour — he broke down and cried and asked for a recess. The breakdown occurred right after he described being told that the Chungs "did not have his pants" that he so desperately needed to start his new job as a judge in 2005.

This judge is a freaking clown--wasting everybody's time and now the Korean dry cleaners say the litigation is draining their resources so much they may have to go back to Korea--thataway judge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back