The 90 minutes Terri spent driving around--Do you believe it?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you believe Terri drove around for 90 minutes strictly to calm a fussy baby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a snip from your observant post; no Kyron at the store.

I think that Terri's need for DS was just that simple. DS had to sit with Kyron in the distantly parked car so Terri could be seen to be blamelessly shopping with baby K in tow. As to why DS would make herself part of such a crime one can only speculate, but from a logistics standpoint it seems just that simple to me. If this is the case (it is a speculation) the depths of depravity of these two seem unfathomable.

Well, ok...but if you were going to "get rid" of your child, wouldn't you do that FIRST and not risk anyone seeing him in your truck? It's like if she was trying to set up an alibi backwards or something........it's does not make sense to me.

That's what I thought too at first....but would those be considered rural roads? So now I'm thinking just the opposite. She said rural but someone said they saw her in the area they are asking about...but who knows. :crazy:

ETA Quote:

Between 10:10 in the morning and 11:39, Terri claimed she drove her daughter BabyK around on rural roads in the family’s white truck because BabyK had an earache

http://www.katu.com/news/99151549.html

tehcloser, you forgot to edit out Baby's name in your post.

The main cause of fever during teething is the pressure created by the new teeth on the infant’s ear canal and sinus cavities. The ear canal may then become filled with fluid that cannot escape resulting in the growth of bacteria and ultimately the development of an ear infection. This may be why we're hearing ear infection/teething/sick used interchangeably to describe baby K's condition.

I would think a doctor though would have to diagnose an ear infection in-office, not over the phone based on a parent relaying the symptoms. In which case, the doc would write out an rx for an antibiotic or phone it in to the pharmacy. Most parents would have it filled immediately following the office visit. I don't think it's a treatment requiring a refill. Even if she had a busy schedule due to the sci-fair, would TH wait days before picking up a script for a painful infection or have a script to refill?

Well, ok...but if you were going to "get rid" of your child, wouldn't you do that FIRST and not risk anyone seeing him in your truck? It's like if she was trying to set up an alibi backwards or something........it's does not make sense to me.

just for the sake of discussion...alibi'ing herself for the first hour after leaving the school sets up the expectation that she didn't have Ky then and, therefore, couldn't have had him for the rest of the day w/o going back to the school and getting him. If she was mia in that first hour she'd be toast. jmoo

I'm sitting outside in my yard on the puter looking at my garden with the weeds looking at me.

It's been raining here at night for days and the grass is so nice and lush. I don't get how the grass can be mowed in Portland as the blades just make the grass lie down and the mower sinks into the ground. I need a Portland landscaper who knows how to deal with these conditions.

As long as that's the only condition requiring attention. :blushing:

just for the sake of discussion...alibi'ing herself for the first hour after leaving the school sets up the expectation that she didn't have Ky then and, therefore, couldn't have had him for the rest of the day w/o going back to the school and getting him. If she was mia in that first hour she'd be toast. jmoo

True...but are these two otherwise for all appearances "normal" women really cold enough to drive around setting up alibi's with the child, knowing they are going to do something to him? That would take a certain type of criminal there.......and IDK if we have that here.

You know I don't know what I think anymore. What I feel is that these investigators are seasoned, they are working 7 days a week, they are locking in testimony at a GJ and they are trying to find an answer to this puzzle. All the rest for me has become a little piece here and a little piece there without having any idea of the bigger picture.

So, my confidence is that LE knows what happened and if this 90 minutes is an issue I think they have decided to lead people to tell what they know and will fill in the gap. Having a 30 second sound bite here and there from people coming forward, which is probably edited, is not helping us with facts IMO.

I voted no as well... only reason though:

I do 100 % think that it is very possible she was driving around to calm the baby, only because I myself have done this with my own children. However, if this were really the case, and as she said in her email it was a "no go' meaning the baby never went to sleep, or never calmed down, what really are the chances she would have taken a fussy baby into the Gym for someone else to look after? I just don't see this happening. If the baby were fussy enough to warrant riding around, then why take her to the gym if nothing she was doing "riding" was calming her?

True...but are these two otherwise for all appearances "normal" women really cold enough to drive around setting up alibi's with the child, knowing they are going to do something to him? That would take a certain type of criminal there.......and IDK if we have that here.

They haven't acted like "normal" women in all regards in my personal opinion --for what that's worth pfft. However, that does not address your point that they don't appear outwardly to be cold-blooded murderers of a child. Which is, of course, absolutely true. But, as it's been rightly pointed out, lots of murders are committed by people who don't outwardly appear to be capable of such things. So while it would be incredibly shocking if they did do such a thing, it's not beyond the realm of possibility -- just hard to believe. But IF they are capable, then creating an alibi for the first hour makes sense, imo.

Actually, if they did do something to/with kyron, I think it is MORE likely that it was planned out in some detail b/c of who is involved and how they appear to behave. Not sure why I think that, though, so another pffft for me :)

I voted no as well... only reason though:

I do 100 % think that it is very possible she was driving around to calm the baby, only because I myself have done this with my own children. However, if this were really the case, and as she said in her email it was a "no go' meaning the baby never went to sleep, or never calmed down, what really are the chances she would have taken a fussy baby into the Gym for someone else to look after? I just don't see this happening. If the baby were fussy enough to warrant riding around, then why take her to the gym if nothing she was doing "riding" was calming her?

That reminds me of something I brought up when the interview first came out and promptly forgot about. I wonder if she brought baby girl to the gym the day before when AL first found out that the baby was not feeling well. Did TH tell AL that baby was sick to explain why baby was not at the gym, or was she mentioning it in passing on her way to child care with baby in her arms, to explain why she might need to be called from her work out back to child care or something along those lines. If she would normally bring a fussy not-feeling-well baby to child care (for better or worse) and get away with it, that would tell me that her behavior on the 4th is incredibly selfish, but not *unusual* for TH iykwim.

Fortunately, murderers have a big "x" on their foreheads so we know who they are.

Never mind, I must have had a dream about that.

They haven't acted like "normal" women in all regards in my personal opinion --for what that's worth pfft. However, that does not address your point that they don't appear outwardly to be cold-blooded murderers of a child. Which is, of course, absolutely true. But, as it's been rightly pointed out, lots of murders are committed by people who don't outwardly appear to be capable of such things. So while it would be incredibly shocking if they did do such a thing, it's not beyond the realm of possibility -- just hard to believe. But IF they are capable, then creating an alibi for the first hour makes sense, imo.

Actually, if they did do something to/with kyron, I think it is MORE likely that it was planned out in some detail b/c of who is involved and how they appear to behave. Not sure why I think that, though, so another pffft for me :)

It is just a pppfffttt case innit? I am 99% convinced the two are involved, but that darn 1% is makin' me nutzzzzzzz. :banghead:

In one of those emails, Terri claimed to have made the appointment for Kyron on the 3rd. If the baby was sick on the 3rd, wouldn't she have made an appointment for her too? I certainly hope that has been checked into.

I believe with everything in me, that this was all her plan, make an appointment for Kyron on the 3rd, so that when he "walks in and out of rooms" she has some kind of plan in place to explain his disappearance. Of course, I think this plan she devised was without thought of herself being the main focus. No doubt in my mind she had some kind of back up plan. Maybe this is why she went to FM's , maybe her back up plan was planned in case someone seen her leave the school with Kyron..so just go to FM's and make it appear that Kyron went into the bathroom alone and just "walked in and out of doors" and was gone... this way she could lay on the ...he was old enough to go to the bathroom by himself excuse.

My thought is, if driving around was soothing the baby, it was soothing the baby to and from Skyline, to and from the FM's stores, and to and from the Gym... So why just drive for 90 minutes? If driving was really working to soothe the baby, why go to the gym at all that day? Why not just drive home and soothe her from there? She needed someone to see her, she needed some kind of alibi...JMHO

No, not for a minute. As far as the 90 minutes goes, I'm basing her time line on from the time she left that 2nd FM until the time she checked into that gym, however many minutes that might be. IMO she didn't love Kyron, and her reasoning for doing what she did, was the same reason CA killed her own child, they are spiteful (unusual persons.)

Just a thought . . . what if DDS was familiar enough to Kyron that she said she stopped by the Science Fair to check out his exhibit and then convinced him he needed to go with her to meet TH @ the Dr. appt - while TH was driving around & getting medicine? I haven't worked out any logistics but still on the what if this happened sort of thinking

In one of those emails, Terri claimed to have made the appointment for Kyron on the 3rd. If the baby was sick on the 3rd, wouldn't she have made an appointment for her too? I certainly hope that has been checked into. I believe with everything in me, that this was all her plan, make an appointment for Kyron on the 3rd, so that when he "walks in and out of rooms" she has some kind of plan in place to explain his disappearance. Of course, I think this plan she devised was without thought of herself being the main focus. No doubt in my mind she had some kind of back up plan. Maybe this is why she went to FM's , maybe her back up plan was planned in case someone seen her leave the school with Kyron..so just go to FM's and make it appear that Kyron went into the bathroom alone and just "walked in and out of doors" and was gone... this way she could lay on the ...he was old enough to go to the bathroom by himself excuse.

My thought is, if driving around was soothing the baby, it was soothing the baby to and from Skyline, to and from the FM's stores, and to and from the Gym... So why just drive for 90 minutes? If driving was really working to soothe the baby, why go to the gym at all that day? Why not just drive home and soothe her from there? She needed someone to see her, she needed some kind of alibi...JMHO

Was the baby "soothed" by the time she arrived at the gym daycare? She was confirmed to be "sick" the day before according to Andrea who works @ the gym.

I agree. If it were Terri's habit to drive with her daughter often for 90 minutes to sooth her it's one thing. But to have a 90 minute chunk of her time unaccounted for on the very same day her step son goes missing is not a coincidence to me.

The very sane argument could be made that she didn't know Kyron would go missing. If Kyron hadn't, would her driving around unaccounted for mean anything? I know it's easy to tie the two events together, but A doesn't necessarily follow B that because she was driving around aimlessly, she's guilty of something nefarious.

The main cause of fever during teething is the pressure created by the new teeth on the infant’s ear canal and sinus cavities. The ear canal may then become filled with fluid that cannot escape resulting in the growth of bacteria and ultimately the development of an ear infection. This may be why we're hearing ear infection/teething/sick used interchangeably to describe baby K's condition.

I would think a doctor though would have to diagnose an ear infection in-office, not over the phone based on a parent relaying the symptoms. In which case, the doc would write out an rx for an antibiotic or phone it in to the pharmacy. Most parents would have it filled immediately following the office visit. I don't think it's a treatment requiring a refill. Even if she had a busy schedule due to the sci-fair, would TH wait days before picking up a script for a painful infection or have a script to refill?

To my knowledge, she went from one FM to the 2nd one because the first one didn't have the medicine she was wanting/looking for. I have not heard anything about a script for an Rx for baby K. That is the day the school was under the assumption Kyron was going to the Dr. to rule out seizures. It just occurs to me that she complained Kyron was spacing off and just walking into and out of rooms with no particular plan . . . . but she couldn't name the rural roads she drove on for 90 minutes to "soothe" her baby's earache? Wow, who was spacing off and when?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back