The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The officer from Tyler states she is go back to Green Lane, therefore I would think that means she had already been to the Green Lane address. In the police report Misty states that she sometimes took Haleigh and Jr on a walk to visit family - it makes sense to me that LE would go to that location and check it out to see if Haleigh had wandered over there because it was so close.
============
If the officer had already been to Green Lane and then went to check out the Tyler residence, it makes sense to me. However, the statement from the officer who went to the Tyler residence who answered that they were checking on when Haleigh was last seen and then the answer gathered was 1 to 1 1/2 hours ago within her residence, that is what is questionable to me.

yes, yes, yes, this is what I was talking about! SPECULATION ON MY PART An officer was sent over to Tyler because Misty told them she frequently walked Haleigh over to Tyler to visit family. So the officer went to Tyler just to make sure Haleigh had not walked over there on her own. Which is exactly what I think Haleigh might have tried to do! I think Haleigh woke up in the night because she wet the bed. I think she couldn't find Misty or couldn't see Misty in the bed or something, took off her wet shirt and threw it in the dirty laundry pile where LE found it, changed clothes and went to look for Misty where she thought she might be. Tyler Street. It was dark and maybe she lost her way. If you look at the route that the tracking dogs followed, it looks like a strange route that circles back around to Tyler from Monroe. Disturbingly enough the route also goes straight through an RSO's front yard!

Yes I know Ronald said Haleigh would never go out alone, but I don't believe that at all. If she woke up in the night and wanted to find Misty Tyler Street might not seem like too far for her to go. The officer that radio's the 1 and a half hours might have been stating that Misty was last at that residence an hour and a half ago. I truly believe that LE with-holds facts and evidence from the media so that people will come forward to talk. Once they re-interviewed Misty and found out that she did step out for a bit they are not required to tell the public that. I think LE is with-holding a lot from the public, so persons that might know something, would not know they were on to them, I think there is a lot that we don't know about that night.
------------
You have a very plausible point here. The officer does say "she" was withing the residence 1 1/2 hours ago and the officer was talking about the Tyler home. When my daughter was two and 1/2 I lived in a small country house and the landlady lived beside me. A very large field separated our houses. I tucked my daughter into bed and checked on her at 10 pm before I went to bed and discovered her gone. I totally panicked. My husband and I searched the house and were on the way out the door to call the sheriff ( I did not have a phone at that time). The doorbell rang and the landlord was at the door with my daughter. My daughter had unlocked and opened the kitchen door and walked alone in the dark across the big field to the landlady's home to get some of her chocolate chip cookies. I thought I would have a heart attack before I calmed down. The next day a slide lock was put up very high on the door. Very scary.

I agree with your post except, the officer said "she was last seen at HER residence 1 to 1-1/2 hours ago." If he had been talking about Misty he would have identified her as the girlfriend/caretaker of the missing child. The call was about Haleigh... therefore I believe they meant Haleigh, not Misty.
============
anyway the 1 1/2 hours are interpreted, it changed the entire timeline and the story that was given to LE.

Could have been an error that it got out to the media...they may have meant to erase that part.

They didn't publish anything they wrote about the sex offenders or the other places they went to that night. I think they're just hanging on to as much information they can.

I kind of think there is a lot of information that they have not made public, as in other reports, etc. Just a feeling I have.
It also puzzles me that the box next to the question about the incident happening in the residence is checked NO. That is peculiar. So is it possible that LE thinks Haleigh went outside and was grabbed somewhere on the way to Misty's brother's house? And the whole story of her being taken from her bed is fabricated? Makes you wonder.

Well, the report also lists HaLeigh as male and Crystal as being 19, so I am not too sure we can rely on the report as written. But, you are right, the report is checked "No", so go figure.

And, I don't think HaLeigh would go outside, by herself, in the dark, late at night, much less traipse through the woods and all around the neighborhood. She's 5.

As stated before...where is the LE report of the results of their visit on Tyler?

If no 911...fine...but if they were there to investigate Haleigh, it doesn't mention that on the initial LE report. If the reason was JUST to find out if Haleigh was there, I am pretty sure that information would have been mentioned on the report we saw. Why would there NOT be a report somewhere. Busy had told us, there is no report. I believe her. There is no record of their visit?

LE has to report all the places the LE went when writing reports. I guarentee it is in the LE records somewhere. All incidents are written. It should have been released as public information. I wonder why it has not been open to the public?

I think that LE is holding back information for sure. The way I look at it is this, if LE comes out and gives all this information people in the community would eliminate themselves as possibly having information that might lead to a tip or clue. What if people were traveling down Green Lane that night and just happened to see a little girl running through a yard? Then bright and early the next morning police are giving a press conference asking for info on a missing child. If they give the information that she was abducted from her home then the person would eliminate themselves as possible seeing something that might be connected.

I think serious mistakes were made that first night in Haleigh's disappearance.

Well, the report also lists HaLeigh as male and Crystal as being 19, so I am not too sure we can rely on the report as written. But, you are right, the report is checked "No", so go figure.

And, I don't think HaLeigh would go outside, by herself, in the dark, late at night, much less traipse through the woods and all around the neighborhood. She's 5.

Yes she's 5, Dot do you remember the boy who was found after spending 2 nights....or however many nights...in the woods? It was on NG, she called it a miracle, the boy slipped out of his house while his mom was at the sink doing dishes. Remember he lost his shoe and he kept saying I need my shoe after they found him. He told rescuers he was going to Gramma's house.

Misty herself told LE she had walked to the Tyler Street address with Haleigh many times before. If Haleigh woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't find Misty you don't think she would be brave enough to go looking for her? I think it is very possible Haleigh left the trailer that night. Kids have no fear, I think Haleigh might have thought she knew exactly where she was going. The Bards who lived through the forest told a media interviewer that Haleigh would run over to her often when she was out hanging clothes on the line. She said Haleigh was very talkative and a very friendly little girl. I can get the link if you would like to read it. But, I just can't wrap my head around Misty hurting Haleigh....or Ronald....and why in the world would Crystal steal away only 1 of her children? I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility that Haleigh wanted to find Misty.

I agree elle serious mistakes were made that first night and I think this investigation has been botched from day one basically. LE can start over but valuable time has been lost, rumors have tainted peoples opinion on the case, which may affect people coming forward with a piece of information. Based on rumors RC did it, people may just discount seeing someone not familar at the gas station, or a strange car in the area because they do not think it has anything to do with Haleigh, or they may be afraid to get involved at this point because of all the rumors and the circus this has turned into. JMO

I agree elle serious mistakes were made that first night and I think this investigation has been botched from day one basically. LE can start over but valuable time has been lost, rumors have tainted peoples opinion on the case, which may affect people coming forward with a piece of information. Based on rumors RC did it, people may just discount seeing someone not familar at the gas station, or a strange car in the area because they do not think it has anything to do with Haleigh, or they may be afraid to get involved at this point because of all the rumors and the circus this has turned into. JMO

I agree one million percent, and it is a shame.

Yes she's 5, Dot do you remember the boy who was found after spending 2 nights....or however many nights...in the woods? It was on NG, she called it a miracle, the boy slipped out of his house while his mom was at the sink doing dishes. Remember he lost his shoe and he kept saying I need my shoe after they found him. He told rescuers he was going to Gramma's house.

Misty herself told LE she had walked to the Tyler Street address with Haleigh many times before. If Haleigh woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't find Misty you don't think she would be brave enough to go looking for her? I think it is very possible Haleigh left the trailer that night. Kids have no fear, I think Haleigh might have thought she knew exactly where she was going. The Bards who lived through the forest told a media interviewer that Haleigh would run over to her often when she was out hanging clothes on the line. She said Haleigh was very talkative and a very friendly little girl. I can get the link if you would like to read it. But, I just can't wrap my head around Misty hurting Haleigh....or Ronald....and why in the world would Crystal steal away only 1 of her children? I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility that Haleigh wanted to find Misty.

I do recall the interview w/the Bard landlady. Do you know where exactly she lives? I looked on the Putnam Co. appraiser site and they own several properties in that area where RC and family lived. Also, do you know the address where Ron lived before he moved to the blue doublewide? I know it was also owned by the Bards.
If it is in a thread already somewhere could you point me towards it?
Or maybe Busylady would know this info? Busy?
Thanks to anyone who can help me. I appreciate it!

I do recall the interview w/the Bard landlady. Do you know where exactly she lives? I looked on the Putnam Co. appraiser site and they own several properties in that area where RC and family lived. Also, do you know the address where Ron lived before he moved to the blue doublewide? I know it was also owned by the Bards.
If it is in a thread already somewhere could you point me towards it?
Or maybe Busylady would know this info? Busy?
Thanks to anyone who can help me. I appreciate it!

so sorry twall....I forgot to check this thread and I am just reading it today, I am fairly certain that Ronald lived on Buchanan, not sure of the house number but I know busy might know.....she seems to know just about everything. In the theory thread there is a post with every property that the Bards own. Let me go see if I can find it and I will add it to this post. I surely do remember the interview with the Bard landlady the article in full can be found by visiting courthouse steps mavens. Let me see if i can link that too. OKay that link might not work if you go to the courthouse steps mavens....google that...then go to page 4 and scroll down you can see the interview.

Below is short interview with the Bards:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...83&provider=top

Still looking for the link for the property....

IIRC, I remember Bard saying that they lived next door. She said Haleigh used to come over and watch her hang clothes in the yard. This statement appears to fit in with Buchanen. It seems like it could be in front of the MH on Green lane, as Buchanen runs parallel to it. Large area of brush and trees separate the two streets.

so sorry twall....I forgot to check this thread and I am just reading it today, I am fairly certain that Ronald lived on Buchanan, not sure of the house number but I know busy might know.....she seems to know just about everything. In the theory thread there is a post with every property that the Bards own. Let me go see if I can find it and I will add it to this post. I surely do remember the interview with the Bard landlady the article in full can be found by visiting courthouse steps mavens. Let me see if i can link that too. OKay that link might not work if you go to the courthouse steps mavens....google that...then go to page 4 and scroll down you can see the interview.

Below is short interview with the Bards:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...83&provider=top

Still looking for the link for the property....

Don't be sorry, elle, hard to keep up w/all of this sometimes!

I had to lol at your post on another thread about you moving to the country and having satellite. I grew up on a 300 acre dairy farm in Indiana and still do this day like my "space". Even though back then all we had for tv was 4 fuzzy local channels and of course no computer. Now we are so spoiled! Anyway, where I live the only way to get cable is through satellite. I don't watch much tv, but hubby and kids do so we do have it. I have only had high speed internet for 1 yr. and before that dial-up. The only thing that stinks about it is if we get a bad rain, snow or ice storm it goes out. This past winter we had a bad ice storm and had no internet or tv for a couple days-I was having internet withdrawl-lol! My sil has never lived outside city limits and never understood why we couldn't get high speed internet through our phone line-I had to explain to her they don't run the lines to the boonies-just in the more populated areas! Then after we had our land line turned off and got satellite internet she still couldn't understand how we got the internet so I explained it was like satellite cable tv but only internet!
Good luck w/your move and w/your new experience w/satellite tv and internet! And don't go too nuts w/out it!

Sorry for o/t everybody!

Don't be sorry, elle, hard to keep up w/all of this sometimes!

I had to lol at your post on another thread about you moving to the country and having satellite. I grew up on a 300 acre dairy farm in Indiana and still do this day like my "space". Even though back then all we had for tv was 4 fuzzy local channels and of course no computer. Now we are so spoiled! Anyway, where I live the only way to get cable is through satellite. I don't watch much tv, but hubby and kids do so we do have it. I have only had high speed internet for 1 yr. and before that dial-up. The only thing that stinks about it is if we get a bad rain, snow or ice storm it goes out. This past winter we had a bad ice storm and had no internet or tv for a couple days-I was having internet withdrawl-lol! My sil has never lived outside city limits and never understood why we couldn't get high speed internet through our phone line-I had to explain to her they don't run the lines to the boonies-just in the more populated areas! Then after we had our land line turned off and got satellite internet she still couldn't understand how we got the internet so I explained it was like satellite cable tv but only internet!
Good luck w/your move and w/your new experience w/satellite tv and internet! And don't go too nuts w/out it!

Sorry for o/t everybody!

Oh great so you are telling me I have a lot to look forward to !! I am really excited about being out in the country it has been a dream of mine and my husband forever. But I thought cable was everywhere nowadays! There are a lot of things I can live without but the internet is not one of them. I am a writer so I need it! Thanks for the good luck wishes!

That's it, I posted the thread the other day, page 2. I asked if there were 2 police reports.

LOL - that was my original question ! I'm guessing that are multiple reports, so many LE personnel on the scene, but only one report has been released. That's puzzling isn't it ? I'm sure if there was a way to get the others, the media would've done so.

Shaymus, if TN was listed as a witness on the report, that means she was there and provided information. I will say they thought she was part of the department as she never should have been allowed to enter a crime scene.

She was either there at the time or arrived with the LE and they thought she lived there, thus allowing her in to the residence.

Incident report also states they interviewed Crystal and Ron. I have never seen an incident report filled out w/o the actual people being spoken to by police. They had to identify parents for the report. They would have had to see ID to do so.

Ron C calling his mother and her arrival at such a convenient time is disturbing. By all facts, it is clear she was called before he told M to call 911. The question is "WHY?"

Was it because he called his mom, he felt pretty confident he could dismiss the dispatch caller anyway he liked because his mom was on her way? His, "Nevermind, I have better people to talk to"..and hangs up tell me he was self-rightous and arrogant. When the Operator calls back and he is pressed for her birthdate (M can't provide it), he slams the phone down again. The possibility again could be he that couldn't remember the date and hung up out of embarrassment.

Shaymus, if TN was listed as a witness on the report, that means she was there and provided information. I will say they thought she was part of the department as she never should have been allowed to enter a crime scene.

She was either there at the time or arrived with the LE and they thought she lived there, thus allowing her in to the residence.

Incident report also states they interviewed Crystal and Ron. I have never seen an incident report filled out w/o the actual people being spoken to by police. They had to identify parents for the report. They would have had to see ID to do so.

Ron C calling his mother and her arrival at such a convenient time is disturbing. By all facts, it is clear she was called before he told M to call 911. The question is "WHY?"

Was it because he called his mom, he felt pretty confident he could dismiss the dispatch caller anyway he liked because his mom was on her way? His, "Nevermind, I have better people to talk to"..and hangs up tell me he was self-rightous and arrogant. When the Operator calls back and he is pressed for her birthdate (M can't provide it), he slams the phone down again. The possibility again could be he that couldn't remember the date and hung up out of embarrassment.

Whoa, I'm a little dizzy (more than usual) as I don't know how I got on this thread ! :confused: But - no problem....looks like the right place to be.

I've been trying to understand why TN was listed on the LE Report and AS was not. We know AS says she got there very quickly. She explains that she was called almost immediately after "they found that Haleigh was gone" and that she lives only 8 miles away. So you think that TN was allowed into the crime scene and AS was not ? IMO, that could explain why one was on the report and one was not.

But, AS also said that when she got the call about Haleigh, her first thought was that Haleigh had "wandered into a closet and gone back to sleep in there". She goes on to describe that when "we looked, she wasn't there." Her voice catches when she says that. If AS wasn't allowed in the mh to look when LE was there, when did she look in the closets ? :confused:

Great catch there, Shaymus!

So does this mean the GGMS visited the MH X2 within 10 hours?

On one tape she speaks of dropping off laundry.
On another, she speaks of looking around the place for Haleigh....hmmmm.

What time did she do this, I wonder? And how...is my second question?...hmmm

Great catch there, Shaymus!

So does this mean the GGMS visited the MH X2 within 10 hours?

On one tape she speaks of dropping off laundry.
On another, she speaks of looking around the place for Haleigh....hmmmm.

What time did she do this, I wonder? And how...is my second question?...hmmm

I don't know. But IIRC:

1. Someone at Misty's brother's home may have told LE that Haleigh was last seen in her residence after Misty's bedtime story of 10 ish. I can't remember the exact time, but I think it was an hour and a half before LE was at the Tyler address - so that'd be what about 2 am ? It's on the Dispatch Tape.

2. A neighbor reported hearing a woman's loud voice around 2 ish. I can't remember how she described it - a scream, a yell ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back