The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
welcome!
we are all brain storming with little to go on.
We are trying to listen to the background in the 911 tape.
So far some of us heard the word "note' and '5 days'............
trying to figure it all out...................

Thanks Passionflower for the welcome.
This is the craziest bunch of mess I've ever seen.

Where in the tape do you hear "note"...?

I find Ronald's anger in that call to be way over the top. If your child is missing and you are calling LE for help, you cooperate. You make yourself answer the simple questions the dispatcher is asking.

Ronald assumes right away that a guy took Haleigh. Right away he is threatening to kill him. He has enough presence of mind to know he is making a recorded threat to kill someone on a tape that he knows will exist forever. He is a 25 year old guy that knows how important an emergency 911 call is - his Mom is a dispatcher. I think he was making Misty make the call and has told her what to say. The whole call came across to me as contrived. Ronald is very controlling and has a vicious temper.

Way too theatrical, IMO, to be believable.

Your's is an interesting take on the 911 call, LaLaw. We don't know what went on between Ron and Misty before the call was placed. Did he push her around? Why didn't he make the initial call? Why was it Misty who called?
Ron's comments from the background seems as if he's already formed an opinion as to who had his daughter before officials even get there or all the information was given about the missing girl.
jmo

I also heard Ron call Haleigh. It sounds as if it is coming from a distance. This is right at the start of the call. I also think he was rummaging through things looking for something but the first thought that came to mind was a flashlight. It sounds like he is opening drawers or cupboards and shoving things about.
Granted there was a moon that night but you are not going to be able to look very well without one.

It was interesting about the 'lock is sideways' comment. I am not positive of what he means but it sounds as though the inside cylinder has been turned off center, meaning the slot where you would put the key in is in a different direction that normal. This could be from someone who has forced a raking tool into the lock and doesn’t know how to use it or doesn’t care. I would imagine using a screwdriver and jamming into the key slot of a cheap lock could do the same thing.
I know how to re-key locks and understand how you would go about picking one but have never had the tools to actually try it. I have never tried to just break one either. I know that car thieves have a tool that they break the ignition switch out with so they can just hotwire the car. Wonder what that would do to a household lock?

I took it to mean the dead bolt was in lock position...but the door was open. I will do that if I don't want the door to close behind me.....

I guess my headphones are not as good as lot of others posting are. I hear a frantic Ron and Misty on the 911 calls. The dispatcher can hear what Ron is saying and she keeps telling Misty to tell him they are on their way. To me that indicates he isnt talking about some drug stash or anything else, he is freaking out and they are not getting there fast enough. I am sure 2 minutes seems like an eternity when your child is missing.

I just wonder if Ron set Misty up.......maybe he thought she would have been arrested and hung and dried before now.......I find his crying to be fake..as some others have said....I don't know why I just suddenly thought that about him setting up Misty, but it sure popped into my head. I think he was making sure everything was "gone" by the time LE got there.

Having been a dispatcher for 6 years this call is actually pretty normal sounding to me. You would be amazed at how many times over the years I had a parent call to report a missing child that had no idea what the child was wearing. I have also taken calls where the parent didn't know where their child was, who they left with, when they left, etc.. these parents were completely calm and knew their children had left the house and they couldn't give squat for information so not having proper descriptions is not really that out of the norm.

this is helpful. i agree the call is not really that odd. as far as misty not knowing the child's weight/height/birth date, that may have more to do with the fact that she's 17 and seems not so smart. plus she was panicked. i did think it was scary that ron was immediately hell-bent on killing someone...but maybe not actually that atypical.

as far as "why wasn't he looking for her?"--do we actually know during this he's not walking around the house throwing open doors? it's a small place, after all. do we know he didn't (either before or after the phone call) look around outside? if misty claimed to have gone outside looking, then maybe he didn't for that reason. did she say she looked outside? or was she scared maybe the kidnapper was still out there and would harm her and junior?

Exactly. This bothers me as well. Most people would be clinging to the phone as if 911 were a lifeline, they wouldn't hang up.

ronald strikes me as a person who's been in trouble with the law and had enough family in trouble with the law to be quite suspicious of LE and think they're not going to take his complaint seriously. i can definitely imagine feeling that way...you know how some people are so distrustful of cops, LE, any kind of authority figure? if ronald is like that, then he really might not think of 911 as a lifeline. maybe he really thinks they're not coming. irrational, yes. possible, very.

this is helpful. i agree the call is not really that odd. as far as misty not knowing the child's weight/height/birth date, that may have more to do with the fact that she's 17 and seems not so smart. plus she was panicked. i did think it was scary that ron was immediately hell-bent on killing someone...but maybe not actually that atypical.

as far as "why wasn't he looking for her?"--do we actually know during this he's not walking around the house throwing open doors? it's a small place, after all. do we know he didn't (either before or after the phone call) look around outside? if misty claimed to have gone outside looking, then maybe he didn't for that reason. did she say she looked outside? or was she scared maybe the kidnapper was still out there and would harm her and junior?

Thats the feeling that I get about her too. After hearing the 911 call my first thought is that she is terrified and more focused on his anger than what the dispatcher is asking her. She sounds like she is scared for her safety.

A normal situation,she's looked everywhere in house already,she's calling 911 and he would be scouring the perimeter around the trailer,even in a trailer,it would take like five minutes running through closets,beds were on floor,etc.Misty would be more likely in the kitchen/living room area.Why is he in kitchen rummaging?It seems like he's looking for what else could have been taken.Which,if anything,what else was taken could be why he has an idea of who took her.And why did he not give the list he was keeping and writing on till yesterday.

Seeing his personality,I doubt he'd be just going through the rooms calling her,he'd be running and throwing things out of the way to find her.I think he had an idea who took her and when he grabbed his phone and said he knows who to call,,something like that,maybe he was going to call who he thought had her or friends to help look.I just hope that list will give the LE more to look on now.Why would he think LE wasn't coming?And it's odd that Crystal would think it was a joke when she was called,because they've been in a custody battle.

I know a guy that could be Ron’s twin. He is severely bi polar. The 911 call sounds just like him. It’s a roller coaster of emotions. Ron could be this guys’ twin in looks and lifestyle. Irresponsible but also responsible, dramatic but faces up to situations. Oddly fascinating because he is so animated but off putting because of his excesses.

Even dating in the same range and type. I asked my daughter why doesn’t he date someone decent his own age and she said no one decent his own his age would put up with him.

If Ron did not realize that Misty was trashed or been trashed then wasn’t able to wake he might have thought her capable of calling 911 while he had a temporary breakdown.

If he does have issues like bi polar he may not have been able to control the racing of his thoughts right away and was just going in circles.

I would have thought her taken right off rather wandered away also. And a SO is a logical assumption. IMO

Ron was probably thinking about calling his Mom when he said we have other people we can call.

Misty sounds like she can’t get herself lucid from a bender. Ron’s anger was focused on a potential SO. Misty fear [if that is fear] reminds me of the saying “a guilty mind needs no accuser”- she is scared of being found out for some thing…..

IMO

I agree Jade.But,I feel the ones he was going to call were people who could get her back if it was who he thought had her.

I don't need to listen again. Ron had nothing to do with this. His statement:

"Why the *advertiser censored** you let some one steal my daughter B****?" Says it all.

"Why the *advertiser censored** you let some one steal my daughter B****?" Says it all.

It does and it doesn't. I know I am probably over analyzing thetranscript. But what jumps out at me is his immediate assumption the child was taken by someone, and that he is willing to kill that person and go to jail right then and there.

His immediate operating assumption is "someone TOOK my daughter, I have to kill xxxxx!", and not "my daughter is missing! Where did she go? did someone take her?" he blames Misty for letting them take his daughter.

While I do not think Ron had anything to do with his daughters disapearence, I think both he and Misty have a far better idea of the chain of events and the possible parties involved then either are saying.

Maybe he was overwhelmed with guilt. He must have somewhat known the neighborhood. Passing the blame to help him deal with the guilt he is feeling at that moment.

at which point are you referring?

I heard the 5 days ago...wondering what he was saying before that?

Something else, and it may have already been touched on...but the guy that lived in the trailer before them, wasn't he a SO ? Was he cleared? Is he incarcerated? He would have had a key...were the locks changed out?....also, Misti could have left the door unlocked...or, one of the visitor's that night snuck into that area and unlocked it, with or without malice in mind? Just brainstorming.

Ohhh---didn't Misty say that bad cousin was at the house the day that Haleigh vanished? Maybe HE unlocked the back door during the visit with intensions of coming back to get at Misty!!! Maybe he changed his mind or came and she wasn't there and he just left, leaving door open for another SO to enter? This back door is clogging my brain, why wouldn't the perp just pick the front lock instead of the noisy, stuck back lock"? It just doesn't make sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back