The 911 Call

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Something confuses me, how did the operator know the address when according to the transcripts Darlie hadn't given it to her prior to the operator saying this:

00:23:00 911 Operator #1 ...unknown medical emergency... 5801 Eagle Drive...

I too think Darin says this:

01:12:21 Darin Routier ...oh my God …make ‘em get here!…

I hear something different on this, it doesn't sound like Darlie is saying "he's just ran downstairs", this is what I hear:

02:38:11 Darlie Routier ...no ...my husband he’s just here right downstairs ...he's helping me ...but they're dying ...oh my God ...they're dead…

When Darlie says this to Darin, her voice automatically changes from her hysterical "my babies are dying" mode into a "Don't get it wrong, stick to the story" mode.

05:19:09 Darlie Routier ...somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin...

Delores said:
great job!! thanks for sharing

I agree with Delores....great job. I hear one or two things differently but I guess that's to be expected...anyway great job all round.

feenix said:
Something confuses me, how did the operator know the address when according to the transcripts Darlie hadn't given it to her prior to the operator saying this:

00:23:00 911 Operator #1 ...unknown medical emergency... 5801 Eagle Drive...

I too think Darin says this:

01:12:21 Darin Routier ...oh my God …make ‘em get here!…

I hear something different on this, it doesn't sound like Darlie is saying "he's just ran downstairs", this is what I hear:

02:38:11 Darlie Routier ...no ...my husband he’s just here right downstairs ...he's helping me ...but they're dying ...oh my God ...they're dead…

When Darlie says this to Darin, her voice automatically changes from her hysterical "my babies are dying" mode into a "Don't get it wrong, stick to the story" mode.

05:19:09 Darlie Routier ...somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin...

When you call 911 your name and address automatically comes up on their computer screens.

Yeah I hear Darin saying something to that effect....I always thought it was "can't make it if they don't get here" but I have since discounted some of that as I can hear it a lot better now on my mp3 and it's too many syllables...it sounds more like "get in here"

cami said:
When you call 911 your name and address automatically comes up on their computer screens.

Yeah I hear Darin saying something to that effect....I always thought it was "can't make it if they don't get here" but I have since discounted some of that as I can hear it a lot better now on my mp3 and it's too many syllables...it sounds more like "get in here"
Thanks Cami, I wondered if that was the case with the address but wasn't sure.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
Pretty spooky but it makes it seem Darin may have been there BEFORE she calle d 911.Nice work.
I've thought that ever since I started listening to the tapes. There also seems to be a "conversation" going on between Darlie and Darin that I didn't really noticed before. Like they had sorta planned the 911 call together.

justice2 said:
I've thought that ever since I started listening to the tapes. There also seems to be a "conversation" going on between Darlie and Darin that I didn't really noticed before. Like they had sorta planned the 911 call together.
I agree. It drives me crazy at times, why, why did she do this? And why did he help cover her a$$.

cami said:
I agree with Delores....great job. I hear one or two things differently but I guess that's to be expected...anyway great job all round.
Thank you!;)

This case makes me insane! I swear, everytime I get into reading about it again I go through this. I for the life of me cannot understand WHY???

Thank you for posting your transcription of the call.

I don't see it as a conversation that was cooked up prior to the call. To me it seems more like Darin was asking Darlie WTF happened, and Darlie is trying to convince Darin that someone else did it.

It also seems to me, as though she thought all she had to do is say that someone else did it and she'd be believed by Darin and everyone else automatically and was ticked that she wasn't. Hence the tone of voice.

I've heard many persons use "they" when referring to a single individual. In this case though, it may be that Darlie couldn't make up her mind whether it was one or more individuals, whether it would be better to say it was just one person or more who had done this. At first she doesn't really explain what happened, it was just someone, somebody, a man, they and he, until later when she gives a fuller explanation of what supposedly occurred.

00:01:19 Darlie Routier ...somebody came here...they broke in...
00:05:11 Darlie Routier ...they just stabbed me and my children...
00:08:05 Darlie Routier ...they just stabbed me and my kids...my little boys...

00:43:15 Darlie Routier ...I don't even know who did this Darin…

01:11:28 Darlie Routier ...I saw them Darin...

01:24:20 Darlie Routier ...Darin ...I don't know who it was...

01:26:15 Darlie Routier ...we got to find out who it was...

01:56:29 Darlie Routier ...somebody came in while I was sleeping ...me and my little boys were sleeping downstairs
02:02:20 Darlie Routier ...some man ...came in and...stabbed my babies ...stabbed me ...I woke up ...I was fighting ...he ran out through the garage ...threw the knife down ...my babies are dying ...they're dead ...oh my God...
03:46:11 Darlie Routier ...they killed our babies...
03:52:13 Darlie Routier ...no ...he ran out ...uh ...they ran out in the garage ...I was sleeping...
04:05:02 Darlie Routier ...ya'll look out in the garage ...look out in the garage ...they left a knife laying on...

05:19:09 Darlie Routier ...somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin

great catch w her changing from single to plural assailants.
after our home invasion, I was never in any doubt about exactly who had been in my home, how many their had been and so forth.....and I was blindfolded!!!
Your adrenaline is in such high speed you can almost recall their smell.I could distinguish the different sounds they each made when they walked for peet sake....there's no way I wouldn't have remembered how many men were in the room.
It blows my mind at how little she supposedly remembers 3 minutes after the most important moment in her entire life!Were there one or two, was she awake or asleep? one minute she tells the operator that she doesn't know if they're there because she was asleep, and the next minute she is telling darin that she knows who did it and that she saw them come in and do it!
Her evasive behavior can not be chalked up as hysterics because normal victims of crime typically do not behave in that manner.how many victims(even children) have been able to give stark details of their attackers and the surroundings they were in.Human survival is a raw instinct, that is why I believe she did it. Had there been an attcker, her raw motherly instincts would have kicked in, and she would have died trying to protect her babies.Had she not been able to, believe me, she would have memorized every detail about the people who took them away fromher.

kcksum said:
after our home invasion, I was never in any doubt about exactly who had been in my home, how many their had been and so forth.....and I was blindfolded!!!
Your adrenaline is in such high speed you can almost recall their smell.I could distinguish the different sounds they each made when they walked for peet sake....there's no way I wouldn't have remembered how many men were in the room.
It blows my mind at how little she supposedly remembers 3 minutes after the most important moment in her entire life!Were there one or two, was she awake or asleep? one minute she tells the operator that she doesn't know if they're there because she was asleep, and the next minute she is telling darin that she knows who did it and that she saw them come in and do it!
Her evasive behavior can not be chalked up as hysterics because normal victims of crime typically do not behave in that manner.how many victims(even children) have been able to give stark details of their attackers and the surroundings they were in.Human survival is a raw instinct, that is why I believe she did it. Had there been an attcker, her raw motherly instincts would have kicked in, and she would have died trying to protect her babies.Had she not been able to, believe me, she would have memorized every detail about the people who took them away fromher.
good post! I agree

Yeah, but Molly, honestly. Who are you going to believe? Your own ears or Darlie's version? I mean "fighting" and "frightening" could mean the same thing, right?

Jeana (DP) said:
Yeah, but Molly, honestly. Who are you going to believe? Your own ears or Darlie's version? I mean "fighting" and "frightening" could mean the same thing, right?
She was "frightening" the attacker? So much so that he ran? :waitasec: A lame attempt to "explain away" her own words, IMO.

It just seems to me that it was like she was winging it when it came to the attacker(s). It's only later that she recalls the "details" of what happened more fully, and even more later, as time goes by, she adds and embellishes the details even more. (Didn't she even write letters to someone saying she knew who'd done it?)

kcksum said:
How awful for you to have experienced such an event. Yes, at first I could have chalked it up to hysterics but there was just too many things she's said and then switched it when she sees which way the wind is blowing so to speak.

She did write several people telling that she KNEW who did it. She was confronted with this during her trial. I don't think she had a clue they were reading her mail and, had they not confronted her, she probably would still be saying she knew who did it, etc.

I tried to hear her saying "frightening" as incorrect that grammatical structure would have been, but it is definitely fighting. The family also swears that she found out her neck was slit while she was on the 911 call, told the operator and that it was on the original 911 tape, but someone edited it off. They say this as "proof" that the tape was alterred. Of course, they know this to be true because Darlie said so. I really have tried to find validity to Darlie's claims of innocence and given her way beyond the benefit of the doubt, but NOTHING she says holds water. I've heard people talk about how hysterical she was on that tape,but I don't hear it. Someone who was really hysterical or even shaken up would not have been able to so quickly switch over to that tone of voice she used with Darin. I think the only real hysteria she felt was when she realized she was arrested. I think even that distress didn't last long because she was certain she could convince the jury that she was innocent. Her next real moment of distress was when she was cornered on the stand.

StellaTravers said:
She did write several people telling that she KNEW who did it. She was confronted with this during her trial. I don't think she had a clue they were reading her mail and, had they not confronted her, she probably would still be saying she knew who did it, etc.

I tried to hear her saying "frightening" as incorrect that grammatical structure would have been, but it is definitely fighting. The family also swears that she found out her neck was slit while she was on the 911 call, told the operator and that it was on the original 911 tape, but someone edited it off. They say this as "proof" that the tape was alterred. Of course, they know this to be true because Darlie said so. I really have tried to find validity to Darlie's claims of innocence and given her way beyond the benefit of the doubt, but NOTHING she says holds water. I've heard people talk about how hysterical she was on that tape,but I don't hear it. Someone who was really hysterical or even shaken up would not have been able to so quickly switch over to that tone of voice she used with Darin. I think the only real hysteria she felt was when she realized she was arrested. I think even that distress didn't last long because she was certain she could convince the jury that she was innocent. Her next real moment of distress was when she was cornered on the stand.
Yes, she was distressed that she was arrested.
I think she was offended that LE didn't believe her.

I too think she was astonished that they were reading her mail. When she says she thinks she's dying, that might be what she's referring to when she told her family she told the operator her neck was slit. From the transcripts I didn't read where she said anything to the operator about specific injuries she or the children had.

In any of the 911 calls I've ever heard or read the transcripts from, even those who were hysterical gave out more information to the operators than she did. It was as if she was trying to avoid saying too much because she hadn't gotten the details of her story worked out, or discovered too late, that people were going to ask her questions and not just take her word for it. Darin apparently had some queries and she thought he should just believe her.

Or rmaybe it is what it is. I am not totally decided either but when listening to the tape I hear a woman who is completely freaked out. People say many strange things and things that are hard to comprehend when under distress. I think you can take any situation and alter it to what you want to beleive. Again, I am on the fence here but just a thought.:confused:

silentrose said:
Or rmaybe it is what it is. I am not totally decided either but when listening to the tape I hear a woman who is completely freaked out. People say many strange things and things that are hard to comprehend when under distress. I think you can take any situation and alter it to what you want to beleive. Again, I am on the fence here but just a thought.:confused:

Yeah that's what I thought when I first heard it...I was shocked and almost changed my position until I heard the hysteria vanish and the anger emerge when she says "someone just walked in here and intentionally did it Darin."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back