The 911 Call

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
beesy said:
I think saying cain't is a Virginia thing, but I'm not sure. Nearly every word I say has 2 sylllables...ground, down, fire, tire, school and countless others.
LOL...me too!
:crazy:

I've been looking at the transcripts today and you know what seems strange to me? The police show up, wouldn't Darlie be screaming something about "The baby is upstairs! Check on the baby!" She did not even mention that there was a baby upstairs. She didn't do that why? Because she knew that baby was just fine.

ssiegmund said:
I've been looking at the transcripts today and you know what seems strange to me? The police show up, wouldn't Darlie be screaming something about "The baby is upstairs! Check on the baby!" She did not even mention that there was a baby upstairs. She didn't do that why? Because she knew that baby was just fine.

You're right about that!

ssiegmund said:
Holy cow! Never even THOUGHT of that!!

I'm working on the 911 tape a little bit at a time and will eventually post my transcription along with the others transcriptions that everybody on here has done.

But, had to bring this up. At 35.20 seconds where it has been transcribed as "thought he was dead", I clearly hear:

"Oh, Devon is already dead"

when it is slowed down a little bit, 40% tempo only.

Anyway, don't know if this has been discussed before or not. Seems pretty important. Darin telling Darlie that Devon is dead?

Where does one get a audio copy of the 9-1-1 call?

LinetteH said:
Where does one get a audio copy of the 9-1-1 call?
fordarlieroutier.org has it. I think I had to right click it to savie it. You can also get it from your internet temporary files from justicefordarlie.net.

Okay--I am fairly new to this case--I do remember seeing the news and the celebration at the graveside for their birthdays and hearing she was convicted of killing one of the boys--but in listening to this tape I have to say--it really does sound like she is faking it!

First--as a mother there is NO way I would have left my child's side if my husband had been there to make the phone call, second, my husband would have been screaming and yelling not talking all quiet in the background during the 9-1-1 tape. There seems to be no panic or terror in her voice and I KNOW there would be in mine! She almost sounds whiney and impatient when she asks when the ambulance will get there? Sort of like she is tired of having to act this out of the phone. I would have been a complete incoherent babbling idiot in this situation!

LinetteH said:
Okay--I am fairly new to this case--I do remember seeing the news and the celebration at the graveside for their birthdays and hearing she was convicted of killing one of the boys--but in listening to this tape I have to say--it really does sound like she is faking it!

First--as a mother there is NO way I would have left my child's side if my husband had been there to make the phone call, second, my husband would have been screaming and yelling not talking all quiet in the background during the 9-1-1 tape. There seems to be no panic or terror in her voice and I KNOW there would be in mine! She almost sounds whiney and impatient when she asks when the ambulance will get there? Sort of like she is tired of having to act this out of the phone. I would have been a complete incoherent babbling idiot in this situation!
She is screaming rather than panicked. Sounds just like another mother who set her house on fire with her kids in it. That one ran to a neighbor asking to use their cell phone to call 911. Plus she was on a portable phone and could have been sitting next to Damon the whole time comforting him instead of running around the kitchen.

Goody said:
She is screaming rather than panicked. Sounds just like another mother who set her house on fire with her kids in it. That one ran to a neighbor asking to use their cell phone to call 911. Plus she was on a portable phone and could have been sitting next to Damon the whole time comforting him instead of running around the kitchen.
EXACTLY!! There is No way I would NOT be by my child!! She was attempting CPR or anything!! I agree-Deborah Geen also was calm--walked to her neighbors, told her son not to jump and to stay inside the house etc... TOO CALM and not in panic mode where the adrenaline kicks in and overtakes everything else!

LinetteH said:
Okay--I am fairly new to this case--I do remember seeing the news and the celebration at the graveside for their birthdays and hearing she was convicted of killing one of the boys--but in listening to this tape I have to say--it really does sound like she is faking it![quote/]

Have always thought the 911 tape was damning evidence against Darlie.Her emotions sound forced and that was an early sign that something was amiss.

For me the most chilling (and damning) line in the 911 tape comes near the end. I don't have the exact quote before me, but Darlie briefly breaks out of her hysteria and yells at Darin: "someone came in here and did this intentionally, Darin!"

What strikes me is her tone of voice. It reminds me of my teenage daughter who may be "crying" about something, but then her brother makes her mad or teases her and she goes off on him with the same tone. It's not a grief stricken tone, but a childish, angry, irritated tone.

Doesn't make sense if your two boys lie butchered before you and you had yourself been assaulted. Sounds more like someone is questioning you're story and your ticked that they don't believe you.

JMHO,

Jim

JimPence said:
For me the most chilling (and damning) line in the 911 tape comes near the end. I don't have the exact quote before me, but Darlie briefly breaks out of her hysteria and yells at Darin: "someone came in here and did this intentionally, Darin!"

What strikes me is her tone of voice. It reminds me of my teenage daughter who may be "crying" about something, but then her brother makes her mad or teases her and she goes off on him with the same tone. It's not a grief stricken tone, but a childish, angry, irritated tone.

Doesn't make sense if your two boys lie butchered before you and you had yourself been assaulted. Sounds more like someone is questioning you're story and your ticked that they don't believe you.

JMHO,

Jim
Hi, Jim. I agree and would like to add ....or your partner has said something not agreed on to police and you are afraid they are going to blow your story.

Goody said:
Hi, Jim. I agree and would like to add ....or your partner has said something not agreed on to police and you are afraid they are going to blow your story.
Hi Goody,
Hmm. I hadn't looked at it from that angle, but it would certainly fit. I can almost hear her saying, "Stick with the story, Darin!"

Jim

justice2 said:
I'm working on the 911 tape a little bit at a time and will eventually post my transcription along with the others transcriptions that everybody on here has done.

But, had to bring this up. At 35.20 seconds where it has been transcribed as "thought he was dead", I clearly hear:

"Oh, Devon is already dead"

when it is slowed down a little bit, 40% tempo only.

Anyway, don't know if this has been discussed before or not. Seems pretty important. Darin telling Darlie that Devon is dead?
It's transcribed as ...(unintelligible) thought he was dead ...oh my God... and that's what I hear. If that's what she said, that really freaks me out because she was probably talking about Damon. That fits my theory that Damon started crawling about then. I see the "oh my God" as like "I can't believe it, I stabbed you. How could you be...." or something like that.
I'm not being a smart butt, but why would it be important for her to tell Darin Devon was already dead? It was obvious he was. She knew it, he knew it. The whole CPR thing was for show. :twocents:

LinetteH said:
Right "I just have to sit here forever" poor me! :banghead:
It's funny you heard the play acting in her voice the first time you listened. Alot of people have to listen to it several times before they can look beyond her hysteria.
She had a cordless phone. She could have still called 911 and helped. But, she was too busy running, maybe still cleaning out the sink, maybe not. But whatever it was, she was NOT helping Damon. It doesn't matter whether she knew any First Aid. Sit by him and tell him "I love you, your gonna be ok".

JimPence said:
Hi Goody,
Hmm. I hadn't looked at it from that angle, but it would certainly fit. I can almost hear her saying, "Stick with the story, Darin!"

Jim
Exactly. And Darin was really a loose canon. Many statements he made to many people must have freaked Darlie out when she found about them because they sure cast suspicion on her. He is a talker and a charmer. They are always loose canons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake
Back