The Amy Winehouse Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Be that as it may, addiction is a powerful demon to overcome. And Amy's husband's refusal to seek treatment at the same time is detrimental. She'd have to face down divorce *and* getting clean at the same time. That's harrowing for anyone! I hope she does find her direction, and make good decisions that will help her stay alive and allow her to grow. I hope her husband also manages to make it. :(

I feel terrible for her, but that's coming from someone who regularly throws pity parties for Lindsay and Britney.

She told the media that no-one can help her but her husband, that she cannot kick drugs without him, she doesn't know why he wants anything to do with her, openly admits she takes hard drugs, is a cutter and does not feel like she has any talent. She also says she feels disgusting and only Blake (hubby) can change that.

Can her family please get this girl committed? Or at the very least get her court ordered rehab?? I cannot imagine how desperately lonely she would have to feel to speak to Strangers (reporters) that way.

KatK - I disagree about her husband.....by all accounts she is by far the worst one, and HAS been into self harming for a long time...apparently he picked up the habit after meeting her.

She is an adult- her family can't have her commited.

I love Amy's music- so raw, so real and her voice is amazing! It's a shame that drugs have taken her over. Sadly, I don't think she will get through this, she will die- she will kill herself or she will OD. She will be another statistic and will leave us with her music to remember her by.

I believe she is doing what she wants to do. I don't think she is interested in getting well, I don't think she's even interested in living. Think.. Kurt Cobain.

She simply wants to be high or die. IMO

Be that as it may, addiction is a powerful demon to overcome. And Amy's husband's refusal to seek treatment at the same time is detrimental. She'd have to face down divorce *and* getting clean at the same time. That's harrowing for anyone! I hope she does find her direction, and make good decisions that will help her stay alive and allow her to grow. I hope her husband also manages to make it. :(

Perhaps once she gets clean, which should be the first priority, she'll have the strength to deal with the divorce should it come to that.

My adult son has emotional problems and abuses drugs. Once they're 18, it's nearly impossible to do anything. Mental health services has to be convinced that they're a danger to themselves or others in order to commit them, and the minute they are "better" they have the right to walk out of the facility. And in the meantime, they become convinced that the parents are out to get them and want them locked up permanently. My son hasn't spoken to me in two years- by his choice.

My adult son has emotional problems and abuses drugs. Once they're 18, it's nearly impossible to do anything. Mental health services has to be convinced that they're a danger to themselves or others in order to commit them, and the minute they are "better" they have the right to walk out of the facility. And in the meantime, they become convinced that the parents are out to get them and want them locked up permanently. My son hasn't spoken to me in two years- by his choice.

In Texas, once they're 16, they can walk out of treatment. I hope the best for you and your son. I had my son arrested and put into treatment when he was 15. Thank God he saw the light and never had any relapse. Of course, he was only smoking weed, so I think we were lucky that he never tried anything strong. God bless!!!

In Texas, once they're 16, they can walk out of treatment. I hope the best for you and your son. I had my son arrested and put into treatment when he was 15. Thank God he saw the light and never had any relapse. Of course, he was only smoking weed, so I think we were lucky that he never tried anything strong. God bless!!!

Very lucky. Friend's brother just had a relapse on heroin. Not pretty at all.

Very lucky. Friend's brother just had a relapse on heroin. Not pretty at all.

Absolutely!!! I decided to let him know that even pot was nothing to mess around with. We were the odd ducks in group therapy. Every other kid was sitting there telling the parents how badly they hated them and when it was my son's turn to speak, he just smiled and said, Geez, I love my mom, I just liked smokin weed. :D Never thought I'd be glad to hear that!! Many people don't agree with me, but I think that EVERY serious addiction begins with smoking pot. I've never heard of one addict that didn't try that first.

Absolutely!!! I decided to let him know that even pot was nothing to mess around with. We were the odd ducks in group therapy. Every other kid was sitting there telling the parents how badly they hated them and when it was my son's turn to speak, he just smiled and said, Geez, I love my mom, I just liked smokin weed. :D Never thought I'd be glad to hear that!! Many people don't agree with me, but I think that EVERY serious addiction begins with smoking pot. I've never heard of one addict that didn't try that first.

I guess that's sorta true, cuz in order to buy pot you're obviously know someone who either sells harder stuff or knows someone who does. I've smoked it, and on occasion I still do, but that's how it will stay with me considering I've seen people snort coke and do worse things and how bad their lives are messed up.

I'd say that my brother was pretty mentally addicted to marijuana for awhile but I believe he's kicked the habit.

I guess that's sorta true, cuz in order to buy pot you're obviously know someone who either sells harder stuff or knows someone who does. I've smoked it, and on occasion I still do, but that's how it will stay with me considering I've seen people snort coke and do worse things and how bad their lives are messed up.

I'd say that my brother was pretty mentally addicted to marijuana for awhile but I believe he's kicked the habit.

My theory is that they try weed and its not so bad, so they figure coke or mushrooms won't be too bad either. If they've got the propensity for addition, this is the beginning of the nightmare. Some people can do coke or meth once or twice and never touch it again. For others, its straight to hell.

Unfortunately, you talk to a lot of kids in their teens and lower 20's, they think pot is totally safe and should be legalized.

This is pure cattiness, but I find her to be wincingly unattractive. Very cool voice, no doubt. Extraordinarily troubled, as well. I hope that she can find some peace for herself before she exits in a tragic manner.

Lol, the first time I saw the video for that song, I thought she was a dude!

In my experience, every serious addiction begins with drinking alcohol. I don't know a single addict that didn't use alcohol as their first drug.

In my experience, every serious addiction begins with drinking alcohol. I don't know a single addict that didn't use alcohol as their first drug.

Excellent. I stand corrected. I forget when I think about "drugs" that alcohol is indeed the first one they begin with.

Lots of talented people kill themselves with drugs every day. I'm not going to find myself crying over this chick. She's got everything in the world and all she can do is stuff crack down her throat and slice herself with razor blades. She's pathetic.

Jeana, I totally agree with you, but I still pray that she can pull herself together. I don't know who she is but she sounds like she makes Lindsey Lohan look like a Sunday school teacher.

Excellent. I stand corrected. I forget when I think about "drugs" that alcohol is indeed the first one they begin with.

I think it's easy to forget alcohol when discussing drugs because it's legal and socially acceptable. But, as many of us know, it's THE gateway drug and can cause tremendous devastation.

Jeana, I totally agree with you, but I still pray that she can pull herself together. I don't know who she is but she sounds like she makes Lindsey Lohan look like a Sunday school teacher.

I really like her rehab song. I think you're right about her though. She sounds like she's got a LOT to deal with!!!!

I think it's easy to forget alcohol when discussing drugs because it's legal and socially acceptable. But, as many of us know, it's THE gateway drug and can cause tremendous devastation.

My brain is always thinking "illegal" versus "legal" too. My parents drank what I thought was a lot, but in the 60s, I think everyone's parents drank too much. My husband and I rarely drink, so I forget that its a problem for way too many people. It certainly is the first drug that most kids pick up and they usually do it at home! I know I did. We've got pictures of my dad letting us drink out of his beer bottle when we were very young. I guess what was cute back then is just sad now. I certainly wouldn't offer any of my children a drink.

My brain is always thinking "illegal" versus "legal" too. My parents drank what I thought was a lot, but in the 60s, I think everyone's parents drank too much. My husband and I rarely drink, so I forget that its a problem for way too many people. It certainly is the first drug that most kids pick up and they usually do it at home! I know I did. We've got pictures of my dad letting us drink out of his beer bottle when we were very young. I guess what was cute back then is just sad now. I certainly wouldn't offer any of my children a drink.

This is a great point and my experience as well. I don't think people knew as much about addiction and the dangers of alcohol back then.
My husband and I don't drink either, so we hope to give our sons an upbringing that's not sloshed in beer, wine and liquor. I hope that foundation will serve them well once they meet everything that's out there in the "real world." Fingers crossed!

Nicotine too, another gateway drug.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back