The Backpack/Bus Ride/Miami

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Dec 27 at 1pm in Tempe, it was 2pm in San Antonio

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=884&continent=namerica

From Tempe PD:

On Sunday, December 27, 2009 at 1:05 p.m., Logan McQueary reported to Tempe Police Officers that he had received threats toward his son, 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson, from the mother of the child, Elizabeth Johnson.

http://www.tempe.gov/Police/EI/Gabriel Johnson Update.htm

This should give a better understanding of the timeframe Logan received the text and call from Elizabeth:

On Dec 27, several family members were going to go to lunch together.

Logan came running up, told them about Eliz's texts and phone call, and played the recording of the call for the family.

Logan went to LE with the text and phone recording

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4762246"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Questions for the Family **No Discussion**[/ame]

Arizona is in the Mountain time zone and does not honor day light savings time. During daylight savings, the time would then be the same as Pacific time. Just my 2 cents and is probably as clear as mud. lol

I bet TS said she sold her laptop so no one would look for it. That laptop was probably in the backback....LE needs to find it. I am thinking the only reason she would use the lobby computer is if someone...Oh Snap....On myspace, her posts be in Arizona time. I think it would...So she actually updated her myspace in the lobby and then went to her hotel room and got the phone call. Most likely because TS probably noticed she updated her page and then called her.

Arizona is in the Mountain time zone and does not honor day light savings time. During daylight savings, the time would then be the same as Pacific time. Just my 2 cents and is probably as clear as mud. lol
Yeh I read it all wrong when she posted. But I still thought San Antonio is in Central Standard Time which makes it an hour a head of Arizona. Which is what NewMom was saying, I just misunderstood it.

Yes, Texas is Central Time Zone. Arizona alternates between Central and Pacific time because the state doesn't recognize daylight savings. Spring to fall, AZ is the same time as CST, and Fall to Spring, AZ is the same time as PST. I hope I explained that okay.

Sorry, it's me not you. I thought Arizona was always on Pacific Time. I am in Central Time. Thanks

Whether the wait for her buscovered an hour or three hours, she rec'd a call from LE in response to her calls to LM. In the text to LM she said she was already boarding a plane out of the country --obviously not what she was doing. The threats she made to LM re Gabriel were IMO also made to get a reaction. Drama-feeders do that and for whatever reason, EJ wasn't content to just unload herself of a child; she needed for LM to know she had one-upped him. It is possible the ticket was purchased to FL and she intended to go to FL but not necessarily on the route the bus took. Also, she did not end up in the location for the ticket she purchased. Getting to Miami from Fort L. wouldn't be impossible to do but why not just buy the ticket to where you wanted to end up? I haven't seen a single thing mentioned about a witness who rode the bus with her or a driver on any part of the route which seems weird. She's noticably beautiful and I think it would be difficult to not remember her--certainly, the questions were asked. Plus, the trip would most likely be doable in a little over a day by bus so... where was she the rest of the time? Maybe she departed the bus and changed transportation modes. She could have gone anywhere (TN maybe, Victoria or even made the trip along a separate less watched route). I have a hard time believing that she bought a ticket on the 27th for a specific destination and no one knew where she was until the 30th if, a big IF, she actually stayed on that bus.

I've seen a few posts saying there was unaccounted for time in Elizabeth's trip from SA to Miami Beach. Elizabeth left SA at 1pm on Dec 27. She was in Miami Beach two days later on Dec 29.

Greyhound shows a range of 1 day 8 hours to 1 day 14 hrs for SA to Fort Lauderdale, which is where Elizabeth's ticket was to:

http://www.greyhound.com/home/ticketcenter/en/Step3.asp

Using Greyhound's shortest trip time, that would put her in Fort Lauderdale at the earliest at 9pm on Dec 28. On the longer side, on Dec 29 at 3am.

From there she had to get to Miami Beach. The time can be looked up on the Tri-rail site, but however she got to Miami Beach, it was probably no less than an hour. She had to then check in at the hostel, and she probably slept. She communicated on myspace with Tammi on Dec 29.

I don't see a serious time discrepancy or significant unaccounted for time. It's possible she spent the night in Fort Lauderdale the night of Dec 28, if she arrived there on the 28, and then decided the next day to go to Miami Beach.

FBI agents in Florida were able to locate Johnson at a youth hostel by tracing her through a computer she was using there and at a nearby library to message Tammi Smith’s MySpace page on Dec. 29 and Dec. 30. Police confiscated a new cell phone, a GPS tracking device and a knife from Johnson, according to the court document.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/150453

Please see my post #41 above. Using San Antonio time:

11:30 - Elizabeth parks her grandfather's car in the Motel 6 parking lot and sits there for about 15 minutes

12 noon - Elizabeth walks across the street to the bus station

1pm - Elizabeth leaves on the bus

? Logan receives text message and phone call from Elizabeth
? Logan goes to where his family is meeting for lunch
? Logan tells family what Elizabeth texted and said
? Logan plays recorded phone call for his dad
? Logan drives to police station

2:05pm - Logan arrives at the police station

It looks to me like Elizabeth made the text and phone call when she was sitting in the car at the Motel 6, or while she was sitting in the bus station waiting for the bus to leave.

I agree with you that that is proabably when she sent the text. I even think she might have ridden the bus but... just exploring some other ideas. Wouldn't the time that the bus company quotes fot the trip put her there late the next day (28th)? With so much effort put into avoiding detection at every other turn, she may have purchased the ticket to confuse trackers. Wouldn't she have used a different name other than the hotel name unless she wanted to be found? It feels too easy. And wouldn't she be thinking that once her GF's car was found, travel from the bus station across the street would be the next most obvious place to start tracking her? It also seems really odd to me that no driver or fellow passenger has come forward withanything even just to say they saw her on the bus. Let's face it, she is noticeably good-looking and I think it's unlikely she was not seen if she actually stayed on the bus for two days. Maybe all I'm saying is the unaccounted time isn't massive, it's just there is nothing yet to substantiate she rode in a bus rather than switch to another mode of transportation (small SUV perhaps, a plane or just a different bus).

I agree with you that that is proabably when she sent the text. I even think she might have ridden the bus but... just exploring some other ideas. Wouldn't the time that the bus company quotes fot the trip put her there late the next day (28th)? With so much effort put into avoiding detection at every other turn, she may have purchased the ticket to confuse trackers. Wouldn't she have used a different name other than the hotel name unless she wanted to be found? It feels too easy. And wouldn't she be thinking that once her GF's car was found, travel from the bus station across the street would be the next most obvious place to start tracking her? It also seems really odd to me that no driver or fellow passenger has come forward withanything even just to say they saw her on the bus. Let's face it, she is noticeably good-looking and I think it's unlikely she was not seen if she actually stayed on the bus for two days. Maybe all I'm saying is the unaccounted time isn't massive, it's just there is nothing yet to substantiate she rode in a bus rather than switch to another mode of transportation (small SUV perhaps, a plane or just a different bus).

Oh wait. You're right. I'm math challenged :) Let me rework it and edit my post. I'm sorry.

I agree that she made the text/call from the Motel 6 parking lot but the weird thing is that if LE called her after 1:15 AZ time and she answered, she would of been on the bus. Did she really take that call in front of everyone on the bus? Maybe it was on a stop/break.

This probably isn't likely but here it goes- what if a certain hispanic male in his late 20's that got out of a small SUV, boarded the bus shortly after EJ? They could of traveled together once the couple took Gabriel. He could have lead her to FL.

I agree that she made the text/call from the Motel 6 parking lot but the weird thing is that if LE called her after 1:15 AZ time and she answered, she would of been on the bus. Did she really take that call in front of everyone on the bus? Maybe it was on a stop/break.

Freaky thought, isn't it?

If EJ was traveling on a bus presumably with other people around and received a call from LE wouldn't it make sense then that she said as little as possible so as not to be overheard? We know she refused to confirm that Gabriel was alive on that call.

12/27 is also when she refused to speak with TS on the phone. Could this have been b/c she didn't want to be overheard while traveling as well?

However, if it was that simple, why would she have answered the phone when LE called? It seems like her cell phone would have caller ID that would show her an AZ #.

Ok not sure what thread to put this in....

But EJ was arrested at the Sky Harbor airport???
I missed that information I thought she was arrested at the Hostel??
Why was she there?:waitasec:

Sky Harbor is Jan 9 when she was extradited. The 'receiving' officer would have had to arrest her for AZ. So it looks like they handed her off right at the airport.

Sky Harbor is Jan 9 when she was extradited. The 'receiving' officer would have had to arrest her for AZ. So it looks like they handed her off right at the airport.

Sorry one of my dumb moments...thinking she only gets arrested in Miami... I guess each state has to arrest her...

Thanks for your help keeping me straight.....

I think it's a theory that could/should be explored, that EJ didn't actually take the bus. Especially since some of us find it odd that she would have taken a call from police while on the bus, where everyone could overhear.
But IMO, I feel confident she took that bus. I can't see her buying a bus ticket to FL with a fake name, just to throw people off, and then ACTUALLY going to FL. And with the video surveillance of her parking the car at Motel 6 and walking across the street to the bus station. Nothing has ever been said about her being seen on surveillance leaving that bus station. But do we know if the surveillance was taken from the Motel 6, the bus station, or elsewhere? And would EJ have been able to leave the bus station without being captured on the surveillance again?

Or he may have followed her bus in the SUV until the first stopping town and allowed her to ride with him or carried her to an airport or different bus or we may be overthinking the whole thing entirely. This case is so complex that nothing seems impossible and given that it had to have been pre-planned, down to the last detail, IMO she would only have led us that direction purposely if it was part of the whole plan. On the otherhand, if she possibly crossed somebody or acted outside of the plan (TS's , JM's or some other broker's) and had no other option but to move fast she may have left a trail and simpy hoped no one would find her. Given the circumstances in her youth and the disastrous end of her relationship with LM, she may have felt invisible or like no one would notice if she just "disappeared." I still think even if there she didn't speak a word on the bus or in the bus station, someone would have noticed her over the 2 day trip. By now, one of the other travelers would have come forward and given their acct of how she acted or what she might have been doing. You know that 15 minutes of fame thing!

Or he may have followed her bus in the SUV and allowed her to ride with him or carried her to an airport or different bus or we may be overthinking the whole thing entirely. This case is so complex that nothing seems impossible and given that it had to have been pre-planned, down to the last detail, IMO she would only have led us that direction purposely if it was part of the whole plan. On the otherhand, if she possibly crossed somebody or acted outside of the plan (TS's , JM's or some other broker's) and had no other option but to move fast she may have left a trail and hoped no one would find her. I still think even if there she didn't speak a word on the bus or in the bus station, someone would have noticed her over the 2 day trip.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC
Back