The Bread Knife

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If there’s a “smoking gun” in this case, it’s the bread knife in the butcher block located on the kitchen counter. This bread knife had material in its' serrations that in every way was microscopically identical to the cut screen.

This deals a death blow to the intruder theory. It requires the intruder to get in the house somehow, grab the bread knife, go back outside, cut the screen, climb through the window, and replace the knife in the butcher block.

Any thoughts?

Well, her defense to that is cross contamination. Her attorneys tried to say the bread knife was contaminated by the fingerprint brush they were dusting with. Yeah, right. I totally agree with you.

Well, her defense to that is cross contamination. Her attorneys tried to say the bread knife was contaminated by the fingerprint brush they were dusting with. Yeah, right. I totally agree with you.

Me too.

Linch testified that the fiberglass "rods" which made up the fingerprint brush were at least 25% thicker than the rods in the bread knife.

It gets even better. What makes this evidence so compelling is that fiberglass rods and rubber dust (the two materials in the screen) were both found on the bread knife. Linch looked throughout the house, but couldn't find anything else that contained the fiberglass in combination with the rubber dust material found in the screen.

Neither could the defense. Ouch!

YES, and wasn't the examiner later rebutted along with the cops for a corrupt crime scene?? Just Curious??

YES, and wasn't the examiner later rebutted along with the cops for a corrupt crime scene??

Only on Darlie's website, and most of what's there isn't true.

Supporters started a rumor that the Routier case was used in police training sessions on "how NOT to investigate a crime scene", when in fact the opposite is true. Many of the officers, over the years, have been asked to speak at various functions because of how exceptionally well the crime scene was preserved and processed.

Much of the thanks for that goes to Jim Cron. The Rowlett police, to their credit, realized that they needed an experienced crime scene investigator and they called him immediately.

They actually did an outstanding job.

Linch testified that the fiberglass "rods" which made up the fingerprint brush were at least 25% thicker than the rods in the bread knife.

It gets even better. What makes this evidence so compelling is that fiberglass rods and rubber dust (the two materials in the screen) were both found on the bread knife. Linch looked throughout the house, but couldn't find anything else that contained the fiberglass in combination with the rubber dust material found in the screen.

Neither could the defense. Ouch!

Wow. I didn't know this. Great info!

Only on Darlie's website, and most of what's there isn't true.

Supporters started a rumor that the Routier case was used in police training sessions on "how NOT to investigate a crime scene", when in fact the opposite is true. Many of the officers, over the years, have been asked to speak at various functions because of how exceptionally well the crime scene was preserved and processed.

Much of the thanks for that goes to Jim Cron. The Rowlett police, to their credit, realized that they needed an experienced crime scene investigator and they called him immediately.

They actually did an outstanding job.

Mary, weren't the butcher block and the knives dusted back in the lab? I'm arguing that point with someone elsewhere who thinks the fibre and dust were transferred to the knife by the dust brush...yes even after three rooms were dusted prior to the knives in the butcher block.

well that was disproven at trial yet the .org site and the Darlies still claim it happened.

I'm fairly new to this case, but have been reading up. Thank You goes out to all of you looking closely at the facts.

JMO, so far, the cut in the screen and the knife being back in the block is hard to dispute, contamination unlikely. Add the fact that the screen doesn't show any signs of the stranger forcing himself through the screen, and no dust was disturbed around the screen seems to point back to someone in the house doing the crime.

Very impressed by the investigators finding this evidence.

I'm fairly new to this case, but have been reading up. Thank You goes out to all of you looking closely at the facts.

JMO, so far, the cut in the screen and the knife being back in the block is hard to dispute, contamination unlikely. Add the fact that the screen doesn't show any signs of the stranger forcing himself through the screen, and no dust was disturbed around the screen seems to point back to someone in the house doing the crime.

Very impressed by the investigators finding this evidence.

Thank you for that. I hate to read when posters blame the investigators for a sloppy crime scene when it was anything but. Oh and welcome aboard. You can read all about this case in the threads and the old threads when discussion was hot. Not too much happening right now...we are all waiting for dna results.....so not much conversation going on.

If there’s a “smoking gun” in this case, it’s the bread knife in the butcher block located on the kitchen counter. This bread knife had material in its' serrations that in every way was microscopically identical to the cut screen.

This deals a death blow to the intruder theory. It requires the intruder to get in the house somehow, grab the bread knife, go back outside, cut the screen, climb through the window, and replace the knife in the butcher block.

Any thoughts?

Lately, I've been wondering why the alleged intruder would even have used the window as an entry/exit when the sliding glass door was just a metre or two from where Darlie was allegedly sleeping. Why wouldn't he just cut her throat and then turn around and go out that door? Makes no sense he would traverse back through the house to get out. JMO though

Any thoughts?

Am I misremembering things or wasn't the screen cut from the inside? If so wouldn't the sequence of events have to be:

The intruder gets inside the house somehow
grab the bread knife
cut the screen
replace the knife in the butcher block
go back outside
climb through the window

ETA- I think I may be falling for a rumor, was it cut from the inside or out?

It was proven in court to be cut from the outside.

Thank you, weasel! I was hoping someone might answer this for me. The more I tried to search, the more conflicting information I got.

I think the "cut from the inside" rumor got around in the media, and it keeps getting reported.

Thank you, weasel! I was hoping someone might answer this for me. The more I tried to search, the more conflicting information I got.

I think the "cut from the inside" rumor got around in the media, and it keeps getting reported.

BUMP for CathyR

After reading the last appeal for DNA testing, it doesn't seem Darlie will get a new trial, regardless of whose DNA is found. Her appeals are "actual innocence" and have a pretty tough standard to meet. Catch who really did it, prove you weren't involved and maybe, maybe you might get a new trial or be "exonerated". It seems the courts gave in to the testing because the tests were not available at the time of trial and that even if DNA evidence of a 3rd party is present it doesn't "prove" Darlie is innocent, only that she had an accomplice.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back