The British Royal Family #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie Wessex steps up amid coronavirus crisis with visit to homelessness charity

Sophie-WessexSophie-Wessex-2410534.jpg

Image from linked article.

Our Countess sorts materials, and delivers same???

God bless Sophie & the BRF!!!

The Queen's dressmaker reveals first set of scrubs made for the NHS

The Queen's dressmaker reveals first set of scrubs made for the NHS
Stewart Parvin has revealed the first set of scrubs he has produced for NHS frontline workers

Stewart Parvin, the Queen's dressmaker, has revealed the first set of scrubs he has designed and produced for NHS workers to wear during the coronavirus lockdown.

The designer, 55, shared the news on social media, writing: "Our first set of scrubs are ready to be dropped off for @frimleyhealth. If you would like to get involved as a home sewer, or as a business with work space, there are several groups set up that are co-ordinating the effort. @scrubsgloriousscrubs and @scrubsfortheloveof #nhs."

stewart-parvin-scrubs-z.jpg

That deep V-neck might be a mistake.

Sarah Ferguson shares rare pictures from Princess Eugenie's wedding to honour sister Jane

Sarah Ferguson took a break from distributing care packages of fruit, vegetables and beauty products all over the UK for NHS frontline workers to pay a rare tribute to one of her four siblings, her sister Jane. The mother-of-two was marking National Sibling's Day and shared two never-before-seen pictures of her oldest sister Jane, who lives in Australia where she works in corporate relations for an Australian university.

"There is nobody like my @janeferguson7. She is a dream of a sibling (not a pain!) My sister makes my world so bright and I somehow accept when she says I am not right! Today is National Sibling Day and I raise a toast and am happy to boast that my sister is the finest in the land. So thank you my dearest Jane I stand and applause with both my hands ... Love you Jane #nationalsiblingday #sisters," she captioned the photos.

I sincerely hope this is fake news. It would be a massive error to do an interview about the struggles of royal life.
It's not from a reputable source IMO so may indeed be fake news. I'm sure plenty of offers have been made by all sorts of rags. It doesn't mean she has any intention of ever taking them up. The whole 'she may' scenario is just to fill an article because they've run out of actual news. JMO.

Coronavirus: The Duchess of Cornwall's recommended reading for COVID-19 lockdown

The Duchess of Cornwall has recommended nine books she thinks will provide comfort during the coronavirus lockdown, including one by her late brother.

Camilla said that Travels On My Elephant by Mark Shand, a book about his love of an Asian elephant named Tara, always brings a tear to her eye, as she selected him among her chosen authors during the COVID-19 outbreak.

The royal revealed her list after both she and her husband, Prince Charles, separately self-isolated after he tested positive for coronavirus in Scotland.

The list in full:

• Restless by William Boyd
  • A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  • The Simon Serrailler series by Susan Hill
  • The Secret Commonwealth by Philip Pullman
  • The Cazalet Chronicles by Elizabeth Jane Howard
  • A Gentleman In Moscow by Amor Towles
  • The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain
  • The Architect's Apprentice by Elif Shafak
  • Travels On My Elephant by Mark Shand

Coronavirus: The Duchess of Cornwall's recommended reading for COVID-19 lockdown

The Duchess of Cornwall has recommended nine books she thinks will provide comfort during the coronavirus lockdown, including one by her late brother.

Camilla said that Travels On My Elephant by Mark Shand, a book about his love of an Asian elephant named Tara, always brings a tear to her eye, as she selected him among her chosen authors during the COVID-19 outbreak.

The royal revealed her list after both she and her husband, Prince Charles, separately self-isolated after he tested positive for coronavirus in Scotland.

The list in full:

• Restless by William Boyd
  • A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  • The Simon Serrailler series by Susan Hill
  • The Secret Commonwealth by Philip Pullman
  • The Cazalet Chronicles by Elizabeth Jane Howard
  • A Gentleman In Moscow by Amor Towles
  • The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain
  • The Architect's Apprentice by Elif Shafak
  • Travels On My Elephant by Mark Shand
This is such a nice idea. I'd love to see what Prince Charles would give as a reading list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD