Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the DM aren't pulling any punches

"But it was hardly an intimate affair. The privacy obsessed couple were so keen to tell the world about the afternoon chat that they instructed their spokesman to email a selection of hand-picked publications to share the news shortly afterwards."

Harry,
umwVjwAY9e8DaZKpREmX-a5lLbrg1Fjq7LaHi8UGQYtE7fBtbEWRpT-wVWRjcmwCsel7jBPWLgxcHIs7AVqWF9ctC8GtAjCRFFvx2tzm5Q5dso6AR53YEIeFVum-hZw40uWiTVgRMicc-JE66m8KxVOJyFM16cONqzs

Prince William and Kate Middleton back new initiative to provide mental health support to frontline workers during coronavirus crisis

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have said their top priority will be ensuring that frontline workers battling the coronavirus pandemic have access to mental health support during these unprecedented times. Prince William and Kate are backing a new platform, Our Frontline, which will bring together a number of services to provide workers with round-the-clock one-to-one support.

Mental health charities including Mind, Samaritans, Shout, Hospice UK and the couple's Royal Foundation have united for the first time to provide a text and call service, as well as online resources and advice to support frontline workers' mental health and emotional being through this challenging time.

The Duke said of Our Frontline: "Over the past few weeks, millions of frontline workers across the UK have put their physical and mental health on the line to protect us all during the Coronavirus pandemic. Every day they confront traumatic situations at the same time as having to contend with their own worries about the risks to themselves and their families. That takes a real toll, and as I've seen for myself through my work with the Air Ambulance, without the right support at the right time the challenges they face will only be greater. Catherine and I, together with The Royal Foundation, will do all we can to support Our Frontline. This work will be our top priority for the months ahead."

Prince Charles reveals he and Camilla have been having virtual parties during lockdown

Prince of Wales has revealed how he and the Duchess of Cornwall have been passing the time during the coronavirus lockdown. In an article published in Wednesday's edition of Country Life, Prince Charles, 71, spoke about keeping in touch with family members over Zoom calls and watching funny videos online, saying: "We have seen the very best use of technology -allowing people to keep working, but also to keep in touch through virtual parties, games, singing - and some of the funniest videos I have seen for a long time!"

The heir to the throne has been isolating with wife Camilla at their Scottish residence, Birkhall, on the Queen's Balmoral estate. Prince Charles has fully recovered after contracting COVID-19 in March and has been carrying out his royal duties remotely.

In the special message for the magazine, Prince Charles praised the crucial role of Britain's farmers in keeping the country fed amid the pandemic, as well as commenting on how life is changing the way society behaves, as it faces up to this unprecedented challenge.

The Prince wrote: "Beyond the walls of the hospitals, care homes, doctors' surgeries and pharmacies, we have also seen a heart-warming burgeoning of remarkable kindness and concern for those in need across the country. Younger people shopping for older folk, some making regular telephone calls to those living alone, Church services recorded and emailed to parishioners and, of course, we have seen the very best use of technology - allowing people to keep working, but also to keep in touch through virtual parties, games, singing - and some of the funniest videos I have seen for a long time!

See what the Queen, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry looked aged 20

The #MeAt20 challenge is the latest social media craze doing the rounds after the popular #10YearChallenge, which asked people to post a photo of themselves at the beginning of 2009 and end of 2019. Celebrities have been jumping on the bandwagon, posting sweet and funny snaps of themselves at the tender age of 20.

While the royals are unlikely to publish their own photos on their social media accounts, HELLO! has taken a look back at what the Queen, Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice and more looked like at 20 in our gallery.

Photos at link.

See what the Queen, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry looked aged 20

The #MeAt20 challenge is the latest social media craze doing the rounds after the popular #10YearChallenge, which asked people to post a photo of themselves at the beginning of 2009 and end of 2019. Celebrities have been jumping on the bandwagon, posting sweet and funny snaps of themselves at the tender age of 20.

While the royals are unlikely to publish their own photos on their social media accounts, HELLO! has taken a look back at what the Queen, Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice and more looked like at 20 in our gallery.

Photos at link.

I LOVE the photos of Princess Anne in her younger days.

She has a sultry look that is perfect for the times.

She has a very singular look, that's for sure. I always thought of her as sort of unattractive until I looked back at the photos of her as a young woman. When you see a person through the years, you more appreciate their looks in the later years, it seems.

The 60’s & 70’s was a wonderful era. Very stylish without being too over the top.

Princess Anne kept it simple and understated yet she’s a really attractive woman.

Poor Kate, they’ll always dredge up that runway photo. Couldn’t they have found more of a portrait photo of her?

Wow, the DM aren't pulling any punches

"But it was hardly an intimate affair. The privacy obsessed couple were so keen to tell the world about the afternoon chat that they instructed their spokesman to email a selection of hand-picked publications to share the news shortly afterwards."

Thing is, H and M are probably painfully aware that if they didn't tell anyone that they called, then the assumption from a lot of people would be that they didn't call, and then they'd face another round of bashing for that.

Even the Express said that the comments appeared to have been taken out of context and that he was referring to the response to the virus, from healthcare, essential workers, and members of the public volunteering to help in so many ways, was better than some expected. And the purpose of his interview was that he wanted to publicise a particular volunteering effort for (ex? military members to join).

The quotes from the interview had so much praise for the British public and nation...it seems odd that some of the tabloids are focusing on one part that was misunderstood.

Isn't the whole point of the tabloids to destroy their reputations as much as possible? The tabloids had a direct hand in his mother's death and when I read all the contempt being heaped on Prince Harry and his wife tabloid lies and misinformation, I wonder how long it's going to be before some whackadoodle makes an attempt on their lives.

QE2 loves her grandson, Prince Charles loves his son and they seem fine with the decision they've made so I wonder why it's so important for the tabloids to generate rifts and misery where there is none.

Thing is, H and M are probably painfully aware that if they didn't tell anyone that they called, then the assumption from a lot of people would be that they didn't call, and then they'd face another round of bashing for that.

It's reported Charles calls his mother - Good on him
It's reported Kate and Wills call his grandmother - How lovely
It's reported Royals everywhere announce they make video calls - Isn't that great

It's reported Harry and Meghan call Her Majesty- How very dare they!

Just another opportunity for the tabloids to bash them for absolutely no reason. They are just easy targets for every rag and cyberbully with a chip on their shoulder to gang up on.

JMO.

Last edited:
Prince Charles and Camilla release statement saying they are ‘profoundly shocked’ after devastating Canadian mass shooting in Nova Scotia at the weekend
Prince Charles and Camilla have released a heartfelt message of sympathy for everyone affected by the recent mass shooting in Canada. The shocking event, which took place over 12 hours in Nova Scotia at the weekend, is the deadliest attack in the country's history, and the death toll now stands at 23. The royal couple expressed their concern in an emotional statement which sent condolences to the victims' families as well as empathy to all those who were injured.

Their statement read: "Both my wife and I were profoundly shocked to hear about the devastating mass shooting in Nova Scotia. We wanted you to know that our hearts go out to the families and friends of all those who have so tragically lost their lives in such a brutal, senseless attack, and to those who have been so cruelly injured."

It went on: "We are full of admiration for the RCMP, first responders and officials who came to the aid and support of the communities involved in this incident, made all the more challenging with the ongoing hardships of the COVID-19 crisis and the loss of one of the RCMP’s own officers. Our special thoughts and prayers are with the victims’ families, the people of Nova Scotia and all Canadians at this most heartbreaking of times."

It's reported Charles calls his mother - Good on him
It's reported Kate and Wills call his grandmother - How lovely
It's reported Royals everywhere announce they make video calls - Isn't that great

It's reported Harry and Meghan call Her Majesty- How very dare they!

Just another opportunity for the tabloids to bash them for absolutely no reason. They are just easy targets for every rag and cyberbully with a chip on their shoulder to gang up on.

JMO.
No, I don't think it's random bullying , they are under closer scrutiny because of their
documented hypocrisy. We haven't seen Will and Kate preaching to us to save the planet by limiting our car journeys, only to hop on private planes when they want to go for a jaunt, and then get defensive and blame " intrusive press"when called out on it. PH has made his disdain for the media known for a long time, while using their presence to publicize his patronage when it suits him.
For some time he has been abrasive and rude to them. I have not heard of an instance where the other members of the RF have done this. His recent refusal to use the Royal Rota of journalists at his public engagements, instead limiting reporters to those he and MM would select for their favorable slant has just been inflammatory. He and MM have started a ridiculous war.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie move house after lockdown is lifted in Denmark

Members of the Danish royal family are preparing to move house as lockdown measures in the country are lifted. Prince Joachim, his wife Princess Marie and their children, Prince Henrik, ten, and Princess Athena, eight, are relocating to Schackenborg Castle in southern Jutland. The estate was the prince's private residence from 1993 to 2014, before he sold the property. As Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are on the board of the Schackenborg Castle Foundation, they occasionally return to live there for short periods of time.

The royal court's communications department confirmed the news to Danish magazine Her & Nu. The family-of-four have been residing temporarily at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen since the outbreak of coronavirus across the globe. They returned to Denmark from Paris, France, where Prince Joachim has been undertaking military training. It is not known when the royal will resume his training as France has remained under lockdown during the ongoing pandemic.

Prince Charles reveals he and Camilla have been having virtual parties during lockdown

Prince of Wales has revealed how he and the Duchess of Cornwall have been passing the time during the coronavirus lockdown. In an article published in Wednesday's edition of Country Life, Prince Charles, 71, spoke about keeping in touch with family members over Zoom calls and watching funny videos online, saying: "We have seen the very best use of technology -allowing people to keep working, but also to keep in touch through virtual parties, games, singing - and some of the funniest videos I have seen for a long time!"

The heir to the throne has been isolating with wife Camilla at their Scottish residence, Birkhall, on the Queen's Balmoral estate. Prince Charles has fully recovered after contracting COVID-19 in March and has been carrying out his royal duties remotely.

In the special message for the magazine, Prince Charles praised the crucial role of Britain's farmers in keeping the country fed amid the pandemic, as well as commenting on how life is changing the way society behaves, as it faces up to this unprecedented challenge.

The Prince wrote: "Beyond the walls of the hospitals, care homes, doctors' surgeries and pharmacies, we have also seen a heart-warming burgeoning of remarkable kindness and concern for those in need across the country. Younger people shopping for older folk, some making regular telephone calls to those living alone, Church services recorded and emailed to parishioners and, of course, we have seen the very best use of technology - allowing people to keep working, but also to keep in touch through virtual parties, games, singing - and some of the funniest videos I have seen for a long time!

I think Charles has been making some excellent statements during this awful Pandemic outbreak. He really seems to be showing a lot of understanding of what people outside the walls of his 'house' are going through.

I think Charles has been making some excellent statements during this awful Pandemic outbreak. He really seems to be showing a lot of understanding of what people outside the walls of his 'house' are going through.

I agree, he's got the same trait as The Queen, the same kind of genuine sympathy and understanding.

Buckingham Palace officials had already commented earlier in the week that family members would be greeting the Queen on her birthday in this way, but that all communications would be private. That said everything that needed to be said. The Queen has a large family and it's a fair assumption that most of them called in. PH and MM were the only ones who chose to publicize their call. They are the ones who drew attention to themselves, and the papers reported as they are entitled to do. It is another example of PH being provocative and childish with the press, which he has a long history of doing , usually when his own misbehavior is exposed. If he wants to be a private citizen, just be one, seems to be the prevailing public feeling.

Do you have a legitmate news source that offers an actual interview and quote from Prince Charles to substantiate that?

The Daily Mail is an allowed MSM source at Websleuths. It is the UK's 3rd highest in circulation. Members themselves don't have to substantiate that which is already contained in an MSM article. Its up to individual members whether or not they choose to rely upon the information presented. While some do not appreciate the content provided by the DM, the publication does pay for some content and in the past have frequently been known to be first with information that has not been presented elsewhere.

The thread is not for discussion about journalistic integrity. Members are free to scroll and roll if they choose not to rely on information from specific publications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926