The British Royal Family #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarence House says Prince Charles is back working at his desk a day after he's confirmed to have tested positive for coronavirus

The royal household said that Prince Charles, 71, is back at his desk working a day after the news was announced in a statement. The heir to the throne is conducting meetings by phone and video conferencing, following steps that other members of the royal family have taken amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
He's a better man than I am blimey.... He should rest. The fatigue is immense

Hi Oregonmama thanks for asking. I am at day 6 of the coronavirus. Still have general flu symptoms but thankfully cough not too bad now and no breathing problems have developed. Fortunately I have not required hospital treatment. I have some lovely friends on here supporting me in private convos throughout each day :). You know who you are!!

My work has now closed but 5 colleagues also have it that I am aware of so far. It is among us and it is v contagious. I live less than an hour from London. So far my family seem ok and I have been in quarantine in my room since Friday which I hope will serve them well. They started self isolation 14 days last Friday but ofc we are in lockdown now anyway.

Hope all is well with you.
Hoping the worst has passed and is not ahead.

May 6 is far far too soon to be breaking social isolation.

I was supposed to be in London attending an international conference that week and was cancelled and all the hotel and airline reservations were cancelled.

And I don't think flights will have opened up by then.
I was thinking they would do this in the summer time after his bday when they are supposedly coming for the June festivities or later in the summer at Balmoral.

May 6 is far far too soon to be breaking social isolation.

I was supposed to be in London attending an international conference that week and was cancelled and all the hotel and airline reservations were cancelled.

And I don't think flights will have opened up by then.
I think that is an optimistic date too. Very hard to see that far ahead yet isnt it.

Hi Oregonmama thanks for asking. I am at day 6 of the coronavirus. Still have general flu symptoms but thankfully cough not too bad now and no breathing problems have developed. Fortunately I have not required hospital treatment. I have some lovely friends on here supporting me in private convos throughout each day :). You know who you are!!

My work has now closed but 5 colleagues also have it that I am aware of so far. It is among us and it is v contagious. I live less than an hour from London. So far my family seem ok and I have been in quarantine in my room since Friday which I hope will serve them well. They started self isolation 14 days last Friday but ofc we are in lockdown now anyway.

Hope all is well with you.
Yes we have been happy to support you thru this and appreciate you reaching out times when you felt up to it.

Yes we have been happy to support you thru this and appreciate you reaching out times when you felt up to it.
Bravo you guys have been amazing, v grateful.

WS is such a great place to take your mind for a walk. That's why this royal thread is so great, non threatening and nothing too awful to handle.

I had to stop following the virus threads tho, bit too close to home and made me anxious.

One thing. I said it before, but based on my own experience with colleagues this is v v contagious. We followed all the rules re handwashing, distancing etc. This makes me worried for our royal family now that Charles has it.

Meghan to narrate Disney documentary in first post-royal role

Meghan to narrate Disney documentary in first post-royal role
The film called Elephant is being released three days after Meghan and Prince Harry officially quit as senior royals.

Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, has announced her first post-royal role - narrating a documentary for Disney.

The film, called Elephant, will be available on streaming service Disney+ from 3 April.

The news was announced by the studio in a tweet on Thursday and later confirmed in a short statement from Buckingham Palace.

@HongKongPhooey are you feeling better? On the coronavirus thread you said you were really sick and I noticed you have been on this thread making comments.....

Don’t worry, you can’t catch it through the internet!

HKP glad you’re one of the ones who can ride it out at home, bet you can’t wait to escape for some fresh air :)

Don’t worry, you can’t catch it through the internet!

HKP glad you’re one of the ones who can ride it out at home, bet you can’t wait to escape for some fresh air :)
Im not an online addict so I had no worries. Just because HKP has a different opinion than me re M, I was being polite.

Meghan Markle has sparked a boom in this quirky fashion trend

The Meghan effect! Duchess sparks huge boom in this elegant jewellery trend
The stylish royal is a major trend-setter

The Duchess of Sussex has sparked this major fashion trend - statement earrings. Often adding stunning jewels to her elegant ensembles, earlier this month Meghan reunited with The Queen for a special church service, wearing a pair of art deco-style earrings from British brand V By Laura Vann. Retailing at £130, the label's Daphne Circle Drop Earrings, adorned with synthetic emeralds and gold, were quick to sell out as fans of the stylish royal flocked to the shops - and only now have they become available to pre-order again. Pairing her gorgeous earrings with a black square-neck dress from Givenchy and a navy fascinator from Stephen Jones, fans of the Duchess are clearly still obsessed with her lovely outfit - and so are we.

10 times royals went makeup-free and showed off their natural beauty

It's difficult to think of a time when our favourite royal ladies have not looked picture perfect with their flawless makeup - after all, it is part of the job! While the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex may have access to some of the best makeup artists in the industry, they prove that royals love a relaxed beauty regime just as much as the rest of us. Take a look at some of the times they've stepped out in public without any war paint – or at least, with just a little brushed on…

How the pink power suit is becoming a royal staple across Europe | Daily Mail Online

How the pink power suit has become a royal wardrobe staple: Kate Middleton followed Europe's queens and princesses for her visit to an NHS call centre - and a stylist says the colour sends a 'message of hope'
  • Kate Middleton, 38, stepped out in a blush Marks & Spencer suit on Thursday
  • Fellow royals like Queen Letizia of Spain have worn similar ensembles recently
  • Queen Mathilde, 47, and Crown Princess Victoria, 42, also donned similar styles
  • Stylist has revealed how the royals are 'brightening the mood' with the choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow