DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a happy look.
She's back in London ;)
londonmoji-160805-131545.jpg

At last! Queen will unveil new laws to fight plastic surge as Ministers usher in a legally-binding target for eliminating avoidable waste

A new law to tackle the scourge of plastic will be announced in next week's Queen's Speech.

• Environmental Bill will give ministers powers to create a bottle deposit scheme
  • It will also make packaging producers cover the costs of dealing with litter
  • It is thought fewer than 60 per cent of bottles are currently recycled in the UK
Ministers will bring forward legislation that, for the first time, introduces a legally-binding target for eliminating avoidable plastic waste.
19611400-0-image-a-107_1570835769632.jpg

The Queen will *not* :confused: wear her Imperial Crown at the State of Opening of Parliament next week (pictured)
- Meh I'm gonna let this one slip coz she does look awesome :p
The Environmental Bill will give ministers the powers to create a bottle deposit scheme, make packaging producers cover the costs of dealing with litter, and allow new national rules that end the postcode lottery on recycling.

It will also include measures to reduce air pollution...

A Government source last night said the measures would help 'protect and preserve this planet for generations'.

Daily Mail

Prince Charles rejoices in overcoming 'endless criticism and carping and shouting' to defy Duchy of Cornwall doubters :p

The 70-year-old revealed his thoughts in a two-part documentary commissioned by ITV to mark the anniversary of his 50 years in charge of the Duchy of Cornwall estate.

He also hinted that it was time for new blood as his eldest son, Prince William, prepares to one day inherit the Duchy.

• The 70-year-old has been in charge of the Duchy of Cornwall estate for 50 years
  • Faced criticism of organic farming and his town planning of Poundbury, Dorset
  • He has also hinted it was time for new blood as his eldest son prepares to inherit Prince revealed his thoughts in two-part ITV documentary to air later this month
He also came under scrutiny 35 years ago when he started organic farming as he began to focus on the 'long-term'.

'It was an unusual thing to do, so that attracted all sorts of, as you can imagine, attention,' he said. :D

19631104-7566231-image-a-10_1570899984864.jpg

Prince Charles rejoices in overcoming 'endless criticism and carping and shouting' to defy Duchy of Cornwall doubters

The documentary follows Charles to all corners of the estate - from family farms, to the Isles of Scilly and his model village of Poundbury in Dorset.

Charles said the idea behind Poundbury was to build a community rather than 'another housing estate' but acknowledges that it was met with criticism.

'Everybody was against it and in the end I was determined to stick to my guns.

'I wanted to make sure... that this time we did it in a more sustainable way,' he said speaking in the ITV documentary.

19631106-7566231-image-m-18_1570901345282.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall, also appears in the documentary and revealed how important the estate is to the prince
He added that he hopes to still be alive to see the completion of the Poundbury village project so he can look back and reflect on his efforts.

But criticism of the Duke was not limited to the Poundary project during his time at the helm.

You tell 'em Charlie boy, carp away
960dd27eccd62569cae537eee292f590.png

Daily Mail

I think I may have mentioned Poundbury once or twice previously? :rolleyes:

Poundbury
'Duchy of Cornwall'
Poundbury1_215257080.jpg
Poundbury is an urban extension to the Dorset county town of Dorchester, built on the principles of architecture and urban planning as advocated by The Prince of Wales in ‘A Vision of Britain’.
Poundbury Dorchester Dorset.
(2:32 min)
Poundbury is home to 2,500 people living in different types of housing, including affordable housing. It provides employment for some 2,000 people working in 170 businesses. Poundbury is over one-half built and when completed in 2025.
1d4addaf20a322684f23b60d0d4e6c3a--funny-moments-emojis.jpg

- I'm actually looking forward to watching this documentary. I think our (future) Hippie King has developed rather a quirky sense of humour

In his mum's footsteps: Today, Prince William and Kate Middleton begin a visit to Pakistan, a country where Princess Diana - in love with a doctor born there - seriously thought about making her home, writes RICHARD KAY :confused:
  • William and Kate will visit Pakistan where Diana seriously considered moving
  • It is the first time a Royal Family member has been there for more than 10 years
  • Their five day visit will bring back memories of Diana's trips, writes Richard Kay
It will be the first time a member of the Royal Family has set foot there for 13 years because violence and terrorism had made it dangerous and unstable.
will-and-kate-tour-t.jpg

En-route to Pakistan
- Are they going by sea? :cool:
(Honest question)
In all, Diana visited three times, once when still married to Prince Charles and twice more after her separation when she was deeply in love with the Pakistan-born heart surgeon Hasnat Khan.

At the time, she was considering marriage to him and even moving to his homeland

-But didn't he live & work in England? :rolleyes:
Of all the countless photographs of Princess Diana, it's far from the most memorable.

It has neither the significance of her seated alone at the Taj Mahal, nor the symbolism of that walk through an Angolan minefield.

It most certainly has none of the indelible glamour of her dancing with John Travolta at the White House.

But the image of the Princess cuddling a gravely ill seven-year-old boy was among Diana's favourites and she kept a copy of it always.

19666228-7568969-image-a-2_1571000083634.jpg

The image of the Princess cuddling a gravely ill seven-year-old boy Mohammed Ashrif in 1996 was among Diana's favourites and she kept a copy of it always
It was taken amid the chaos of a Pakistan cancer hospital in 1996 and was a reflex action on her part.

Never once did the little boy look directly at the woman holding him close because he could not. He was blind and had weeks to live. :(

To Diana, the picture represented everything about how she wished to be seen: compassionate and ready to break down the barriers of protocol.

Now it is William's turn as he and Kate arrive in Pakistan today, the country that in the last year of her life Diana was more closely identified with than any other.
Among the first people he will meet is Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan, the former heart-throb cricketer
sports-of-cricket-concept-with-text-howzat-vector-id535868683
turned politician.

“Princess Diana Wanted To Marry A Doctor And Live In Pakistan!” claimed Jemima Khan
It was Khan, then the husband of Diana's friend Jemima Goldsmith, who hosted Diana's visits to Pakistan in 1996 and 1997, by which time she was divorced and had been shorn of her HRH title.

And it was at the cancer hospital that Imran built in his late mother's name that Diana had nursed that blind little boy.

f068c9f1f1a1c920eea4d46fc4188aac.jpg

Diana on a visit to Pakistan in 1996. She is walking with Imran
There is another intriguing link: Prime Minister Khan is a cousin — albeit a distant one — of Dr Hasnat Khan and he offered to be a go-between with the doctor for Diana.

Inevitably, William's progress this week will be monitored especially to see if it is he, rather than his brother, who has the stronger claim to Diana's legacy.

:confused: Seriously?!
Daily Mail

"You didn't just catch that? You did just catch that!"
1u8osh51ybc11.gif

Imran Khan 6-14
(bowling ;) )
1985 vs INDIA

Watching the Queens Speech today it really brought home the age of the Queen and how things appear so easy but can be a real struggle for her now. It had already been decided she wouldn't wear the big heavy crown but maybe they should take away the long heavy robe(?) too. She was assisted by Charles during the short walk but appeared very short of breath when she finally sat. Her voice was a bit gravely as she started but cleared quickly although sounded a bit deeper than normal but that could just be my tv too. Charles assisted her down the steps and out the door as well. It greatly saddened me. Edited to add - That walk isn't so short afterall. I was only getting the view from the door to the chamber to the thrones(?), Queens seat. My bad!

Last edited:
It’s a very subtle, beautiful traditional Salwar Kameez outfit. Typical style for Pakistani women and really immensely practical and comfortable ( except they don’t generally have pockets - which would be useful)

Kate and Wills touch down in Pakistan as first royals to visit the troubled country for 13 years | Daily Mail Online

Thank you for that info. My aunt is Iranian and dresses in a similar way. She and her sister always look incredibly elegant.

For some contrast, here is Queen Maxima of the Netherlands in a lovely sari-inspired gown for a State Dinner in India.

Queen Maxima attends a state banquet in India with King Willem-Alexander | Daily Mail Online

She also looks wonderful.

..Duchess of Cambridge has 'won people over' by 'doing her duty and not putting a foot wrong' - and Pakistan tour is a sign of the Queen's 'terrific faith' in her, royal author claims
And where have you been all day Mr. @gregjrichards?

image.jpg@1.908879.jpg
You had me starting to worry :p when I realised someone better post some of the actual Royal News for today, as our regular, reliable Royal Correspondent was M.I.A.? On the first day of a Big Royal Tour!
& ...
No posts about it??
(well ...kinda missed you too)

We're lost without you! :D

- Coz as we all know serious factual News reporting is not exactly my forté :oops: lol
2_Piers-Morgan-talks-about-David-and-Harpers-kiss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member