The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched bits of Kate & Will's wedding - this is 5 hours long so I skipped through, but loved the arrival of the Princes and the Queen, and of course Kate. Interestingly she seems pretty meek and serious compared to the confident lady we have today!!

Harry's in full on cheeky mode, the Queen looks like a literal ray of sunshine (Angela Kelly dress, of course) and that little girl with her hands over her ears on the balcony :D.

At least watch the balcony bits, starts around 5:24

I've just watched bits of Kate & Will's wedding - this is 5 hours long so I skipped through, but loved the arrival of the Princes and the Queen, and of course Kate. Interestingly she seems pretty meek and serious compared to the confident lady we have today!!

Harry's in full on cheeky mode, the Queen looks like a literal ray of sunshine (Angela Kelly dress, of course) and that little girl with her hands over her ears on the balcony :D.

I do love a Royal Wedding! And Royal births and watching the children grow up!

I have to say, though, while I wouldn't want anything to happen sooner rather than later, I do hope that one day I'll get to see a Royal Coronation. I'd love to live long enough to see William and Kate crowned, but that could be a long way away.

Looks like a bath robe.

The DoS often doesn't look quite as "put together" as she used to, and I wonder if part of it is just the fact that she still has a little of the post-baby figure that takes some time to disappear. In the past, she has had some completely stunning and elegant looks. The coat does look like a bathrobe on her, although I wouldn't have thought that until reading your post!

Sadly (for me) clothes tend to look their best on slim frames. (Hence, the starving models, wolfing down tissues for lunch!) The DoS is used to many, many years of wearing things that suit a very slim figure, whereas many of us and some of the other royals (especially those ladies of a certain age, ahem) have to pay quite a bit of attention to which styles will look best on us. She may just not be attuned to having to choose styles carefully right now.

So: The DoS, "pre-baby" could wear anything. Right now, she may need to pay a bit more attention to look her best. Is this the answer to the bit of change in her appearance, at least at times?

Either way, I'd be quite happy to have her look on most days.

Last edited:
Looks like a bath robe.

I'm not a big Meghan fan, so I looked at the coat at the website first and I agree that it looks like a bathrobe. Awful. I don't care if it's made out of the actual wings of fairies.
Here's Kate in a coat by the same designer. Apparently, Trudeau's wife has worn her coats, as well.

960x0.jpg

Ouch! I agree, although methinks I'm glad you can't see my look on most days. The DoS, even in this ill-fitting coat, is far above my level of sartorial existence, even on my best days. :)
Same here! Although I think it looks like a bath robe ( I have a navy terry cloth one that looks just like it) I would totally wear it. Looks comfy! :D It just looks like she’s trying to dress it up with that belt & it doesn’t work.

If you happen to be in my church this Sunday, you'll hear the Jerusalem tune.

Different lyrics this time.

Outfit details. Check out what the coat is supposed to look like. It's alpaca and it's gorgeous

Meghan attends her first Field of Remembrance

Seeing the coat in the ad versus on MM it doesn’t look sloppy. After looking at it again on MM, the belt sets too high on her waist and the opening in the front at hem line is not pleasing to my eyes.

When I see clothes on other people and I like something I’ll see it in store try it on and I don’t see what I liked when its on someone else. I probably wouldn’t wear that coat well either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomevertonfc