The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 214357 View attachment 214358 View attachment 214359 https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-news-photo/1186569993?

Kate looks lovely.

Definitely Meghan looks pregnant.

Sorry... Neckline too low. Hair too tight.
Shoes without nice stockings, epic fail. Imo.

Not a fan of her posing for the lens instead of genuinely engaging which is how she comes off to me.

I think Meghan has studied Julia Roberts... she looks a bit like her in some photos.

I don't see Julia Roberts, but her face looks fuller to me than on their South African trip. I, too suspect a second pregnancy. Maybe that explains this oddly dreary dress choice.

I see what you mean about posing for the lens. It gets more apparent the more photos I see. You don't see Camilla or Sophie doing that.

Meghan is older and she already is considered an at risk pregnancy because of age. Getting pregnant so soon after a baby is not a good idea.

I cannot believe her doctors would give a green light to that.

Her Majesty shed a tear today as she led her country in Remembrance. Our Queen is a true and proud servant of this country, her duty means the world to her. One of the many reasons I find the Keeping Up With The Sussexes antics in poor taste and borderline offensive.

God Save The Queen.

Attachments

• IMG_20191110_151757.jpg
    IMG_20191110_151757.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 14
Meghan looked nice today. I love the hat. Finally a hat that I would wear. What is up with all these belts??? The belts are way too high.

Meghan was pregnant this time last year. Baby Archie was born in May 2019.

How did she get all the Cousin IT hair under the hat???

If this is true, it is a huge slap in the face to the R0yal Family and The Queen.

Serena Williams says Markle supposedly took Archie to NY to see her tennis match.

Yet, neither Markle nor Harry bothered to take Archie to Balmoral in the summer to visit his great granparents and his grandfather.

I'm just disgusted. Princess Diana would NEVER have done that.

Serena Williams reveals Archie travelled WITH Meghan to watch her play in US open | Daily Mail Online

And neither Markle nor Harry feels that the general public can view an updated photo of Archie.

Last edited:
Oh let's keep looking at the well-dressed family members:

queen-elizabeth-ii-with-catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-prince-william-picture-id1186571898

Image from the linked article.

This is Markle's dress from the Festival of Remembrance.

meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-news-photo-1573331006.jpg

It's difficult to make out details, but don't like it- it doesn't seem to fit well, again, especially around the bustline., and the neckline is too low for a serious memorial service. All the other royal women have very high conservative necklines. The proportions of that dress seem wrong on her.

And the return of the Belly Hand
meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-attend-the-picture-id1186576765

I am pleased to note there are no straggling locks of hair flopping over her face, for a change.

Hard to believe she could wear anything that could make her look as heavy in the hips as this! Even if she is expecting, that can't explain all of it. She sure didn't look like this at the Luminary Bakery. Optical illusion? Incredibly bulky fabric? Strange.

However, I LOVE her hair!

Last edited:
The black dress (yikes) with the way too low neckline, navy blue shoes and no stockings was a total disaster. I liked Kate's dress but I do not like looking at her bones. Don't wear a dress that emphasizes your skeletal collar bone. Nice dress but Kate is too skeletal for it. I did like Kate's hair though.

I think both ladies missed the mark today on their attire.

Kensie, I agree. For two women who are very attractive, I'm often disappointed with their sartorial choices. Also (and I tread lightly here) although the DoCam is attractive, she just doesn't have a lot going on in the figure department. Not a big deal (many of us don't!) but at times it almost seems like she accentuates that, rather than "disguises" it.

So many of her clothes are tight, fitted, and of thin fabric (I guess evening wear almost has to be, though) that the effect isn't great. I think she would be helped by bulking up a bit on the clothing and wearing it just a bit looser. Also, she often goes for very tailored looks, like the "military-inspired" remembrance day one. I'd like to see more unstructured, flowing lines on her.

Last edited:
If we're going to go on about navy shoes and a black dress, this is worse, IMHO

prince-charles-prince-of-wales-and-camilla-duchess-of-cornwall-attend-picture-id1186570812

Upon more inspection, I think the dress ( and jacket?) are deep navy, but those shoes still don't go well with the black stockings. Black shoes would have been better. I do think her clutch purse looks very cute, and the color, cut, and styling of her hair is very nice

Is there a dearth of black velvet pumps in the UK right now?

Herat, I think this may be a matter of fabric, rather than what look to be almost light blue shoes. If they are suede, it could be that the camera, especially if a flash was used, would make them look like this. Camilla does make mistakes, but this I can hardly believe.

Now, one area in which she really tends to shine is hats, in my book. Not always, but after every "royal event", I always find one of the first things I look for is Camilla's hat. Here is her Remembrance Day hat, a gobsmacker, in my opinion: (A little Brit lingo, for the fun of it, although not sure if it's appropriate here!)
Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Remembrance+Sunday+Cenotaph+E9hfxmeEGzgl.jpg

Last edited:
The black dress (yikes) with the way too low neckline, navy blue shoes and no stockings was a total disaster. I liked Kate's dress but I do not like looking at her bones. Don't wear a dress that emphasizes your skeletal collar bone. Nice dress but Kate is too skeletal for it. I did like Kate's hair though.

I think both ladies missed the mark today on their attire.
I personally think Duchess Catherine has a high metabolism. I thought she looked classy and great, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16