DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my favorite British treat.

View attachment 199766

Bummer about the site being down for the weekend. I'll miss you fine peeps :(
OMG - Licorice Allsorts

My favorites are the little sandwichy ones.

My least favorite is that filled licorice tube. I don’t know why- it’s exactly the same stuff as the little sammiches

I’m also not so crazy about the beaded one, it has such a wierd texture:confused:

We are candy twins:p:p

404272C3_CC5B_4B32_851E_1544448459478_master.jpeg

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mother
-1986-
:) I will be back with more details - Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara! - in order to redeem myself per ^ serious post.
Gorgeous gown and perfect use of fabulous tiara and jewels

(There’s a bit too much photoshopping / retouching in the hand regions, I think)

OMG - Licorice Allsorts

My favorites are the little sandwichy ones.

My least favorite is that filled licorice tube. I don’t know why- it’s exactly the same stuff as the little sammiches

I’m also not so crazy about the beaded one, it has such a wierd texture:confused:

We are candy twins:p:p

The beaded candies are my favorite! When DH left for his Friday swim, he said he'd stop at the market on his way home for a few things. I asked him to get me some Bassett's Licorice Allsorts to remind me that I'm missing you guys while the site is down :D

I guess I will catch up on some reading while site is down. Altho our laundry room was just painted I purchased an stackable full size washer/dryer. Charcoal grey. It doesn't match with the taupe! It will mess with my OCD LOL See if I can talk hubby in to painting. Not my fortay.

The beaded candies are my favorite! When DH left for his Friday swim, he said he'd stop at the market on his way home for a few things. I asked him to get me some Bassett's Licorice Allsorts to remind me that I'm missing you guys while the site is down :D

I have to troll around World Market to find them. They’re probably 5 years past their Expiration date.

I also loved Edinburg Rock as a kid. It’s amazing I have any teeth left

WS shut down this weekend will be a major impact on my Anglophile life.

I will just have to devote myself to planning a 2 week trip to UK.

First week is a conference, mornings-only in London

What to do second week.

1. Another full week in London and environs ( Windsor, Oxford, Cambridge)?

2. Week in Scotland, principally in Edinburg, a couple of days trying to find relatives that don’t know who I ama?

3. Week in the area of Yorkshire / Lake Country ?

I’m just going to say that The Tatler travel articles are so bad for my budget...

Any advice or recommendations?

Last edited:
I guess I will catch up on some reading while site is down. Altho our laundry room was just painted I purchased an stackable full size washer/dryer. Charcoal grey. It doesn't match with the taupe! It will mess with my OCD LOL See if I can talk hubby in to painting. Not my fortay.

That would make me crazy. Gray looks so much better to me than taupe, unless the taupe really has a lot of black in it.

Gray just still seems like a fresh, new color choice

That would make me crazy. Gray looks so much better to me than taupe, unless the taupe really has a lot of black in it.

Gray just still seems like a fresh, new color choice
Agree. I luv grey and have it in my kitchen. It has to be grey for sure.

I feel your OCD pain! The wrong color drives me nuts. That’s why I’ve followed Canadian Maria Killam’s color blog for years. Don’t paint until you’ve checked her out. It’s all in the undertones and she’s the expert. She just came out with a color wheel to help with picking neutrals. Her free offer may still be on. Of course, you may want to be adventurous and consider a fun color for your laundry room. :D I’ve always liked yellow with gray.
Maria Killam's Understanding Undertones Colour Wheel Now Available!

I feel your OCD pain! The wrong color drives me nuts. That’s why I’ve followed Canadian Maria Killam’s color blog for years. Don’t paint until you’ve checked her out. It’s all in the undertones and she’s the expert. She just came out with a color wheel to help with picking neutrals. Her free offer may still be on. Of course, you may want to be adventurous and consider a fun color for your laundry room. :D I’ve always liked yellow with gray.
Maria Killam's Understanding Undertones Colour Wheel Now Available!
Oooh

When someone is really good with colors it is a true find.

This just tooo much:

No One Puts Prince George Down !!!

Prince George is cruelly mocked for taking ballet classes by US TV host - as celebs leap to his defence

I’m fightin’ mad about this.:mad:

Yay, we agree! :p:D

No excuse for this! :mad: I hope they issue a sincere and heartfelt apology.

In other news...at the end of the article I found a couple of “Meghan-Friendly” articles to link. ;)

I’m not sure wearing an eco- friendly shirt quite makes up for the private planes...
Meghan Markle wears £85 shirt from sustainable British label that avoids plastic packaging after private jet backlash

And the Queen is impressed with her work ethic.
The Queen is ‘astonished and very impressed’ by ‘Hurricane’ Meghan Markle’s work ethic, royal author claims

:D As promised earlier...
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Time!

The Greville (Boucheron Honeycomb) Tiara
Honeycomb+Tiara+(1921)+by+Boucheron+for+The+Hon.+Mrs.+Greville+2.jpg
The diamond and platinum tiara was made for Mrs. Greville in 1921 by Lucien Hirtz, the chief designer for Boucheron in Paris. Clever Mrs. Greville saved money on the new diadem by having another, older Boucheron tiara from her collection broken up so that the diamonds could be reused in the creation of this more modern tiara.
_grrig.jpg

The tiara made for Mrs. Greville in 1901, later dismantled to make the Greville Tiara
The tiara became one of the Queen Mother's favorite jewels; she wore it throughout her life...
52208.jpg
When the Queen Mum received the tiara in 1942, the top of the piece was much flatter. Rather than the raised sections you see today, rows of five graduated diamonds were situated between the honeycombs at the top of the tiara, giving the piece a more kokoshnik-like shape.
BoucheronGreville-Tiara-1901.jpg__760x0_q75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg
In 1953, the Queen Mother turned to Cartier to reconfigure five diamond sections at the center of the top of the tiara...
Five diamonds were also added to the tiara: four round brilliants, which were taken from a dismantled brooch, and a single marquise diamond at the tiara's apex...

;) to be cont'd...

Prince George is cruelly mocked for taking ballet classes by US TV host - as celebs leap to his defence

I studied ballet from age eight and continued well into my thirties when my body said, "No more!"

I absolutely agree with this statement from the above article: "Dance has countless scientifically proven benefits for physical and mental health.

"There should be nothing but encouragement for any male who chooses to try dance whether it’s as a fun hobby or for a future as a professional.”

Additionally, I believe that ballet is a discipline that is unparalleled, and that discipline finds it's way into many other aspects of life. Ballet students strive for perfection and tend to excel academically. Those who study ballet develop confidence, self-esteem, musicality, physical strength and agility that stays with them throughout their lives. I see no harm in Prince George's interest in ballet and hope his parents continue to support him.

2017-1116-greville02.png

Here's a close-up look of the marquise in the center of the tiara
2017-1116-greville03

The millegrain treatment (that's the little "dots" on the metal) on the platinum setting makes the stones appear even sparkler.
The tiara passed to the Queen in 2002, when the Queen Mother died..
When the Duchess of Cornwall married the Prince of Wales in 2005, the Queen loaned her the Greville on a long-term basis. It's now become her signature tiara

article-2321219-19AD9B8C000005DC-759_634x823.jpg

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall wears the stunning Greville tiara

:cool: I love how this shows the changes to the design over the years!
7fa8b2660169e5d087b3120c7149271e.jpg

The three designs of the Greville (aka Boucheron) tiara

5-4-NUVO-Magazine-Winter-2002-tiaras_page_7_image_0001.jpg
Bejeweled Close-Ups: The Greville Tiara | The Court Jeweller
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Greville Tiara, Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210