The Burglary and the Jacket

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought this might help people visualize what a Longwood club softball jacket with a name would look like:

16ffbf75cf385fa37c9a13c8d9c788b9.jpg

No msm source to link to so just snipping the embroidery section.

If that really is AJ's jacket, then Wes is the guilty party. No way around it, imo.

CF must have a very solid alibi, or he would have been the POI. JMO

Love this new thread - and a big thank you to all - you're great! I have so many questions now that I've caught up a little. I don't know if it matters much, but I'm trying to figure out why the judge would drop the first charge (was it B&E?) and now have Statutory Burglary in its place (if I understand this right). I read on legal sites that B&E is entering a resident without authorization and some element of force; if no INTENT to commit a crime, that usually carries a charge of a crime of trespass. Statutory Burglary, on the other hand, is entry with or without breaking to commit larceny, murder, rape, or robbery. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. That seems like it is a stronger charge. And this charge came with a capias warrant? I looked that up, too, and it says that warrant is an order to arrest and DETAIN an individual for the purpose of GUARANTEEING a court appearance. Also, is the direct indictment just meant to say 'no need to go to the GJ'? Or no need to serve him, we know where he is? ???

I've been thinking of Eileen's questions from the other day, too - who called WH with the debit card info? Who called him about the 4 items of clothing? And who called him about the jacket?
If there were charges against 4 of AJ's friends, I wonder who the other two are, and why didn't they have to testify?
There are 2 things I can't get over - one is WH's lying, lying, and more lying and JH's lack of enthusiasm during this entire thing. I don't know why she would say "I think she's safe" or why she would go take pictures at a ballgame...? I could be off base. Sometimes I can't help but think it started as a way to make money and things went badly - I know that's a stretch but when the spokesperson swooped in on the scene, I couldn't help but go there in my mind. Sometimes I think everybody in that house was on drugs - or as I have heard the house called "the halfway house".
Where are these other people's parents? :gaah:

Probably can't be answered here but something to think about. Did CF girlfriend actually own a similar jacket? I doubt it if WH is saying AJs name was on it. Yet CF isn't sitting in jail. Quite the opposite. Pants on fire again Wesley.
FWIW I am of the opinion that WH took AJs jacket and left it at CFs house for AB to find. I feel kinda sorry for poor old CF and his parents.
The generic items WH was shown hmm didn't he "find/tipped of to" generic items by a roadside that may or may not have been AJs.

Probably can't be answered here but something to think about. Did CF girlfriend actually own a similar jacket? I doubt it if WH is saying AJs name was on it. Yet CF isn't sitting in jail. Quite the opposite. Pants on fire again Wesley.
FWIW I am of the opinion that WH took AJs jacket and left it at CFs house for AB to find. I feel kinda sorry for poor old CF and his parents.
The generic items WH was shown hmm didn't he "find/tipped of to" generic items by a roadside that may or may not have been AJs.

I think LE showed WH a bunch of random objects just to gauge his reaction, and get under his skin, knowing he was chomping at the bit to talk about that jacket. I think they were trying to force HIM to address the jacket first...which he did. And then to really throw him off his game, LE tells him they can't confirm the jacket. KABOOM! Suddenly WH needs to be "handled". He's all but coming right out telling this interviewer, " What the hell?! I know damned good and well this was AJ's Longwood jacket, because I put the damned thing there!".

If this were a movie, instead of real life, it would be almost comical.

If that really is AJ's jacket, then Wes is the guilty party. No way around it, imo.

CF must have a very solid alibi, or he would have been the POI. JMO

I personally think it was WH and all WH and for the reasons LE inferred, too - I think he was the one obsessed with her. Or he could have gotten angry at her for not wanting to help him get back in the house and make up with JH??

I agree with you that CF must have had a very good alibi; if not, they know where to find him.

I've been thinking of Eileen's questions from the other day, too - who called WH with the debit card info? Who called him about the 4 items of clothing? And who called him about the jacket?
If there were charges against 4 of AJ's friends, I wonder who the other two are, and why didn't they have to testify?
There are 2 things I can't get over - one is WH's lying, lying, and more lying and JH's lack of enthusiasm during this entire thing. I don't know why she would say "I think she's safe" or why she would go take pictures at a ballgame...? I could be off base. Sometimes I can't help but think it started as a way to make money and things went badly - I know that's a stretch but when the spokesperson swooped in on the scene, I couldn't help but go there in my mind. Sometimes I think everybody in that house was on drugs - or as I have heard the house called "the halfway house".
Where are these other people's parents? :gaah:

I believe in one of WH's interviews, he said that it was his nephew who called him about the first pieces of debit card being found.

According to WH, some older woman on her way home from work called him about the clothes strewn along S Battlefield Blvd. What do you want to bet that there was no record of that call, and so WH had to tell LE he had a second phone...which is...surprise!! Missing.

From what WH says, no one told him about AJ's Longwood jacket being in CF's home. He just thought it incredibly suspicious that CF found pieces of AJ's debit card, so he decided to break into his home, punch the family dog in the head, and have a little looksie. Lo and behold, there is AJ's jacket stuffed in a couch cushion.

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/05/hadsell-case-norfolk-tied-breakin-moves-forward
BBM:
Joshua Campbell, AJ Hadsell's boyfriend, testified that during a conversation on March 5, Wesley Hadsell asked where Corey French lived, the layout of French's home and Campbell's opinion of him. French is Spilsbury's son, and Campbell and French knew one another.

Interestingly enough, "Wesley Hadsell asked where Corey French lived"
JMO, but for someone (Wesley) to be so set on allegedly trying to frame someone (possibly Corey), Wesley had to ask "Joshua Campbell, AJ Hadsell's boyfriend" where Corey French lived. Really?

http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

BBM:
Family and friends of Anjelica Hadsell have confirmed to 10 On Your Side the missing 18-year-old was on alert and scared of a certain person before her disappearance on March 2.
Hadsell communicated that information to her cousin and best friend between Feb. 13 and the day she vanished.
“This person supposedly said that he wanted to hang out, and she said she didn’t think it was a good idea,” said CZ, who had multiple conversations with Hadsell both by phone and in person. “She was more worried that this person would maybe do something, and this person is the person we kind of suspect did something.”

So, between February 13 and March 2, AJ communicated to her cousin and best friend (CZ) both by phone and in person about a "certain person" who "supposedly said" that "he wanted to hang out, and she said she didn't think it was a good idea" and per CZ, "this person is the person we kind of suspect did something."

So, one has to wonder, was any of this communicated to AJ's parents or AJ's close friends or AJ's boyfriend prior to March 2nd? OR was it not important and/or threatening enough to bother saying anything until AFTER AJ's "disappearance on March 2"? JMO but I don't feel it was mentioned until after the fact, that being after AJ's disappearance, otherwise IMO, I'd think WH or JH or AJ's boyfriend or one of AJ's "close friends" would've taken the matters into their own hands and confronted this "certain person," wouldn't you think?! But yet, per Joshua Campbell's testimony, Wesley had to ask where CF lived?? All interesting indeed IMO.

BBM:
Joshua Campbell, AJ Hadsell's boyfriend, testified that during a conversation on March 5, Wesley Hadsell asked where Corey French lived, the layout of French's home and Campbell's opinion of him. French is Spilsbury's son, and Campbell and French knew one another.

JMO, but for someone (Wesley) to be so set on allegedly trying to frame someone (possibly Corey), Wesley had to ask "Joshua Campbell, AJ Hadsell's boyfriend" where Corey French lived. Really?

Just because Wesley Hadsell asked JC where CF lived, doesn't mean he didn't KNOW where CF lived.

But setting that aside, Wesley Hadsell knew CF. CF was at that home many many times, he was AJ's boyfriend when they were 14, and WH obviously had an issue with CF which dated back to 2011.

@around the 14:00 mark http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jailhouse-interview-with-wesley-hadsell/

I believe in one of WH's interviews, he said that it was his nephew who called him about the first pieces of debit card being found.

According to WH, some older woman on her way home from work called him about the clothes strewn along S Battlefield Blvd. What do you want to bet that there was no record of that call, and so WH had to tell LE he had a second phone...which is...surprise!! Missing.

From what WH says, no one told him about AJ's Longwood jacket being in CF's home. He just thought it incredibly suspicious that CF found pieces of AJ's debit card, so he decided to break into his home, punch the family dog in the head, and have a little looksie. Lo and behold, there is AJ's jacket stuffed in a couch cushion.

MKat, you are too much. WH just did the most obvious and suspicious things to insert himself - or should I say incriminate himself - in this case. He knew he would be looked at and IMO went off the deep end. I'm still stuck on him saying AJ was "gonna tell on him". I think I get madder every day. Thanks for the lol moment I had.

BBM:

Maybe he was just seeing if JC would get involved in his set-up? Or maybe he couldn't spell Spilsbury or he just couldn't find it on mapquest. Now I'm wondering why JC didn't tell NPD that WH was asking those questions. Seems they all wanted to solve this on their own. Smells like bs to me!

Just because Wesley Hadsell asked JC where CF lived, doesn't mean he didn't KNOW where CF lived.

But setting that aside, Wesley Hadsell knew CF. CF was at that home many many times, he was AJ's boyfriend when they were 14, and WH obviously had an issue with CF which dated back to 2011.

@around the 14:00 mark http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jailhouse-interview-with-wesley-hadsell/

Just curious - was CF her first boyfriend? Did he come on the scene before JH and WH were a couple? Wondering why he had it in for this guy enough to frame him for murder? That's where I say Really?? Or did WH hear about the texts and just go delusional thinking she was really in there?? I don't get why anybody is living there besides her and her daughters, that's one thing I have a hard time with. Poor pretty AJ. Now I'm sad instead of mad, or maybe just both.

Just curious - was CF her first boyfriend? Did he come on the scene before JH and WH were a couple? Wondering why he had it in for this guy enough to frame him for murder? That's where I say Really?? Or did WH hear about the texts and just go delusional thinking she was really in there?? I don't get why anybody is living there besides her and her daughters, that's one thing I have a hard time with. Poor pretty AJ. Now I'm sad instead of mad, or maybe just both.

I don't know if CF was her first boyfriend or not. I suspect that's the case, but I really don't have a clue. My personal opinion is that WH didn't like CF, but I don't think that's why he tried to set CF up. I think someone mentioned a few texts between AJ and CF and WH just seized on that, happy to make those texts appear much more serious than they actually were so that he could set CF up to take the fall.

All just MOO, of course.

I skimmed through this thread, so excuse me if this has been touched upon. This discrepancy has been running through my mind since AB testified...

3/23/2015
From WH interview with JF:
I don't get any information back - you know that as well as I do. I don't get... if they find something they don't tell us. They found her jacket and waited for days [to tell us].

We don't get notified. So why should I share with the police department something that they, in turn, won't share with me? It’s our daughter missing, not their daughter.

The evidence that I had, everything before [the break in] just was overwhelming and we honest to God felt the cops weren't doing anything about it.

JF: You didn’t think to just call police right [when you found it]? Like “my daughters jacket is here!”

WH: I thought a lot of things. Actually I didn’t think to call police once. Actually I thought to uh get a gun… discharge a gun. End of story. That’s what I thought.

5/11/2015
From AB testimony at hearing:
He described Hadsell telling him he found it underneath a couch cushion, and moved it into plain view. Hadsell asked him to go the home and verify the jacket was there, since he was friends with the person Hadsell suspected, the witness testified.

“We need to do this the legal way,” the witness recalled Hadsell saying.

The witness said he went to the home, as Hadsell requested, saw the jacket, and returned to the Hadsell home “angry, upset and scared” about what he had seen. At that point, someone at the Hadsell home called police.

So, according to AB, Wes went through the trouble of setting up this ruse in order to make sure things were done legally and, I assume, so they'd be admissible.

But according to Wes two months prior, he went through the trouble of setting up the ruse because he didn't believe that the police were doing anything to help them and would not take the tip seriously.

Maybe nothing, but I thought the apparent difference in motive was worth mentioning. Someone is either lying on the stand or WH is lying about wanting to murder someone. IMO the former is more likely.

I really want to hear from LE about this jacket. Hopefully they will lay it out during the trial.

The shocking thing is, IF it is, in fact, the missing jacket that she was wearing 'when she last saw Wes'---< as he so aptly decribes it, then :EEK:

I skimmed through this thread, so excuse me if this has been touched upon. This discrepancy has been running through my mind since AB testified...

3/23/2015
From WH interview with JF:

5/11/2015
From AB testimony at hearing:

So, according to AB, Wes went through the trouble of setting up this ruse in order to make sure things were done legally and, I assume, so they'd be admissible.

But according to Wes two months prior, he went through the trouble of setting up the ruse because he didn't believe that the police were doing anything to help them and would not take the tip seriously.

Maybe nothing, but I thought the apparent difference in motive was worth mentioning. Someone is either lying on the stand or WH is lying about wanting to murder someone. IMO the former is more likely.

Could it be that this witness did see the jacket and was afraid to touch it? Maybe suddenly realized he was in the middle of a serious investigation?
I wonder who called LE from that house? I would think JH would - wonder if she knew about the "plan". Why was WH so insistent it was CF, just because of the texts (or as Mtn Kat said, he saw an opportunity there?). What beef has he had with this kid since 2011? Seems childish to me.

Another big problem that I have with Wes's story. Upon finding the missing jacket, the ultimate proof that CF killed her, he just puts it out in plain view and leaves? REALLY? Wouldn't he be afraid that killer would come home and see it and destroy it immediately? All would be lost of that happened.

If my teen daughter was missing, God Forbid, I could see myself breaking into the home of someone that I seriously thought was responsible for it. I really could. And I say that because my girl had a very scary stalker when she was about 15. It started on cyber and he actually went and followed her around a few times. We called police but it was one of those horrible situations where they could not prevent him from walking around the mall too. :furious:

Anyway, if she went missing, I would have found where he lived and gone there with my husband and son. And if the cops were ignoring us, I would consider breaking in to conform that she was not there. IF I FOUND HER JACKET :eek: I WOULD CALL THE DETECTIVES AND SIT THERE. No way I would leave it 'out in the open' and leave.

Sure, I would be subject to arrest. And maybe they could think I planted it. But I would want her found and if I KNEW it was really there hidden in the couch, then I'd know he had her. So I would gladly call 911 and let things fall where they may. I would count on them finding her since we now knew where she had been after she went missing.

But that is not how Wes reacted to that situation. He trashed the house, IIRC. Is that what you do when you want forensics to come in and find clues to the kidnapping? I would stop touching anything else immediately and call 911.

BBM:

He's not good at Google, remember? :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back