The case for murder

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS - stop bickering. It is not necessary. Rather than bicker, use the ignore feature on your profile page. If you need help with that, send me a pm. But stop bickering. It is getting tiresome and some posters are beginning to feel bashed and no longer want to participate.

This forum is for EVERYBODY. EVERYBODY may state their opinion and their interpretation of the facts.

I am going to start removing posts that appear to be badgering or hostile, even if otherwise the post appears to be within TOS. What this means is, if you reply to a post just to state a different opinion, or argue the other poster's opinion and your post adds nothing constructive to the discussion, I will remove it. If I remove 5 or more posts for anyone poster from this point forward for "harrassment" the poster is going on a TO.

This should be a friendly discussion, even though the opinions differ, about the facts and circumstances of what happened in both Max and Rebecca's deaths. No matter which side of the fence you stand on, there are a lot of discrepancies and questions in this case. There is no reason to badger. If you disagree with a post, move past it. It is not necessary to respond to every post.

If you have questions, let me or any member of the Mod Team by way of pm.

Thanks,

Salem

Was a post removed that prompted this? I don't see any bickering in these past few pages at all. :waitasec:

Was a post removed that prompted this? I don't see any bickering in these past few pages at all. :waitasec:

I'm confused as well. I have read all the rules and am confused on the application of those rules.

Even if Rebecca had been hoisted from below, when they let go of ther, the bed would have lurched. Sudden weight piulling against the bed. Ti my way of thinking, the bed never moved enough to justify the small amount the bed moved. Especially with the fact that there were no rug marks from the bed moving.:waitasec:

Technically speaking this is correct, sort of. See the movement of the bed is pretty complex. It's an articulated structure so it can move in pieces to some extent (torquing the connections without moving adjacent members). The way I analyzed the bed was basically to cut it into half and then quarters. Once the front foot began to move it was ALMOST moving independing of the other feet for a finite amount of movement, then the articulation would have been maxed out and the other parts of the bed would have begun to move. In this order:

left front foot
left rear foot
right front foot
right rear foot

That's the way the movement sequence would go IF there was enough load on the bed to move all feet some distance. You can see that the articulation of the bed joints played into the equation because the police diagram shows the left front foot relocated 7.5 inches, but the left rear foot is not moved this far.

Now, the reason I said all that is that Rebecca being hung from below, would have caused movement to initiate in the left front foot. But it would have gradually tried to pick up and slide more of the bed. Without the momentum, I don't believe that the left front foot would have moved as far as it did because the forces would have been insufficient to start moving the left rear foot slightly.

The logic is open to debate, of course. It's just what I rationalized looking at free body diagrams and trying to work out the dynamic movement of a semi-rigid assembly.

The other problem I have with the "hoist her up and hang her theory" is that she had pretty significant connective tissue damage to her throat, so I just don't see that happening in a slow strangulation. I believe that would require an impact loading with some significant g's.

Let me know your thoughts on all this.

Val-
Do you think that the throat muscle damage could have come from a hyperextension of the neck, at pressure, for an extended period of time?

Hello Everyone,
I have a blog post & photos that were mentioned a few pages back, so I was inspired to post some more photos taken outside Spreckels Mansion between 11:34 & 11:40 on the morning Rebecca Zahau died. This is my third post about this case, which seems to get more interesting everyday! The photos, one of which is shown below feature people inside the yellow police tape.
first-shot-at-spreckels-mansion.jpg

Guys - if you haven't heard from me, you are probably doing alright. I didn't mean to scare you all :) Just wanted to be sure everyone understood that this is a discussion where everyone gets to voice their opinion.

If you have other questions, please just send me a pm so that the thread doesn't become completely derailed.

Thanks!

Salem

Hello Everyone,
I have a blog post & photos that were mentioned a few pages back, so I was inspired to post some more photos taken outside Spreckels Mansion between 11:34 & 11:40 on the morning Rebecca Zahau died. This is my third post about this case, which seems to get more interesting everyday! The photos, one of which is shown below feature people inside the yellow police tape.

Welcome to Websleuths! I believe I'm guilty of posting your website. I found your website fantastic and some great photos. Do you live in the area of the mansion?

Anyone think that maybe RZ was smothered with that bag?

Now for that tape on her leg.. that bothers me! Any ideas??

It could be a working out thing and not related. Taping up a shinsplint. You have to really scrub to get it all off. What we need to know is if she had recently shaved her legs as that would remove it. Or did she wax?

And... what about the candle that was on the sidewalk below the balcony?

It could be a working out thing and not related. Taping up a shinsplint. You have to really scrub to get it all off. What we need to know is if she had recently shaved her legs as that would remove it. Or did she wax?

And... what about the candle that was on the sidewalk below the balcony?

..i never saw a pic of a candle on the patio, i take it we saw it in the earlier news videos?

..LE did list a "candle" on the S/W inventory list.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41227.pdf
--S/W--items removed from mansion--

..since all of her tissue/organs etc. were present---the autopsy would be able to determine if she died from being smothered as opposed to strangulation.

--the M.E. says she was alive at the time she went over the balcony.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-a-suicide-shacknai-mystery-s-sad-ending.html

"Police said Zahau’s call to her voicemail was the last one she made. The deputy medical examiner said it was likely that Zahau committed suicide within an hour or two of hearing the message. She was alive when she fell over the balcony, said the deputy medical examiner."

..the tape residue----is a puzzle.

The candle could have been on the table and fell off? We have no idea what kind of candle.

Also, did anyone notice where the broken table leg was? It is not noted in this diagram. Does anyone know it if was in the SW list? I would like to have that examined to determined exactly how it broke. It could challenge AS's statement.

I believe I saw a photo of the table and it was completely missing one leg. A photo of it being removed from the house.

Also, did anyone notice where the broken table leg was? It is not noted in this diagram. Does anyone know it if was in the SW list? I would like to have that examined to determined exactly how it broke. It could challenge AS's statement.

There was a great discussion about the table and table leg by Inobu several threads back early in the investigation. Inobu had some great insight on the direction that the rope lay on the grass, telling us what direction Rebecca was carried from.

I will try to find it.

I believe I saw a photo of the table and it was completely missing one leg. A photo of it being removed from the house.

..it is missing a leg....
roundtableremoved.jpg

..you can see where it's broken off/missing in this pic.

..the S/W only lists a 'table' (not the missing leg.)

..per. nemeth at the press conference, he says adam told them that it had broken off as he was draging the table over ( and then he stood on it anyway?hmm.)

http://www.10news.com/video/29065367/index.html
---press conference Q&A---@ 1hr. 6 minutes----

( reporter asks about adam saying he dragged the table over--and about the broken leg.)

..sgt. nemeth: "Based on the statement that we rec’d, and based on a piece of broken wood from that table, that we found, that table was dragged over there, to, so, he could stand on it to cut her down".

..reporter: "And the leg broke on the way over"?

..sgt. nemeth: "The leg broke on the way over, and there was a piece of wood that we found that matched up with the leg".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth