Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS8 Zahau investigation tease:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmkgr-vgOHI"]Zahau CBS8 Tease - YouTube[/ame]

Airing Tuesday, Nov 1 at 5pm

TV scum, thank you for posting this. Was interested to hear this concerns the bed, as many of us had questions concerning the amount of movement the bed made, or didn't make.

You know the hog tie thing is very interesting. I still believe the message on the door was meant to be threatening. Whether there was a real killer bent on revenge or it was made to look that way to cover the original strangling by someone. The blood not in the extremieties. All so questionable. I would love to know what the original ME thinks of all this. I would like to ask Dr. Wecht how much time is considred reasonable when it comes to the ME attending to the body once LE is made aware. I am shocked it took so long. Is this the CSI affect? We expect they show up within the hour but in reality it could be even 10-12 hours? IMO

According to this article he sees 30 bodies a week. On an average five day work week that would be 6 bodies a day.
"Lodi native Jonathan Lucas finds fulfillment as doctor to the dead"

http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_3b31b341-d617-593a-bf62-0d7174048e6d.html

TV scum, thank you for posting this. Was interested to hear this concerns the bed, as many of us had questions concerning the amount of movement the bed made, or didn't make.
Is this just the san diego cbs it will be shown on or will this be online? Anybody know? I can't wait to see this. Thanks tvscum

Sunnie, in all the times I've read tvscum's posts, I never read their name to read like you wrote it lol!

Bolded addition by me. It is so outrageous how disrespectful LE was to allow that to happen.

I don't think it was all because of her race, etc., though, so much as it was the wealth and politics, but that is JMO. This case was closed quickly even though everybody still had a lot of logical questions.

IMO IMO IMO.....I think her boyfriend murdered her or had someone do it for him and I also think "he" paid for the cover-up...and a quick close. If so, must be rolling awake at night now.

Is this just the san diego cbs it will be shown on or will this be online? Anybody know? I can't wait to see this. Thanks tvscum

I'm thinking the video will be on the KFMB.com website after airing. Also, the commercials seem to indicate it will be more than a one-day thing.

It's the same network that has the Dr. Phil program, so I'm hoping the KFMB affiliate's got some advance knowledge of the Wecht autopsy. Wishful thinking, probably :o)

Case files turned over to Anne Bremner:

Last week's autopsy was the first phase of a private investigation by the Zahau family to determine whether Rebecca was the victim of foul play.
On Monday, a Sheriff's spokesperson confirmed that all evidence from the department's death investigation has been released to Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner. The Seattle-based attorney could not be reached for comment Monday evening.
Bremner's co-counsel confirmed the Seattle office has received hundreds of pages of witness statements and police reports, as well as transcripts and audio recordings.
The records are being scanned and reviewed in advance of a news conference planned later this week in Seattle.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15919335/infamous-coronado-mansion-sold

Here is the latest! Let the truth be http://mobile.fox
5sandiego.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=1102257&postId=1102257&postUserId=23&sessionToken=&catId=5303&curAbsIndex=1&resultsUrl=DID%3D6%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A23%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A5303%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3

The above link isn't working. Use this:
http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ails-of-police-report-20111101,0,526310.story

Bremner said she received most of the massive police report Monday. While she has not had a chance to review the entire file, Bremner found what she says are three important, new details.

First, only three people were processed and fingerprinted; Adam Shacknai, the brother of Zahau’s millionare boyfriend Jonah and the man who found her dead, Zahau’s 13-year-old sister, and Nina Romano, the twin sister of Jonah Shacknai’s ex-wife.

Bremner told Fox 5 the report cites witnesses who saw Romano at the mansion door the night Rebecca died. She is also the last person to text Zahau.

Second, Bremner said the police report shows when investigators spoke with Zahau, one day before she was found dead. Investigators said they weren’t concerned with her.

“They described her as not being depressed or blaming herself,” Bremner said. “Of course, being understandably upset about it, but not indicating she would take her own life.”

Also, Bremner said searches of Zahau’s computer turned up nothing on suicide or ropes. She tells Fox 5 “a lot of things weren’t analyzed” like black gloves and clumps of hair found inside the home.

However, Bremner added, “I’m not done with the whole file.”

A press conference is planned for later this week for Bremner to speak on the full police report. The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department is not commenting.

Here is the latest! Let the truth be http://mobile.fox
5sandiego.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=1102257&postId=1102257&postUserId=23&sessionToken=&catId=5303&curAbsIndex=1&resultsUrl=DID%3D6%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A23%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A5303%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3

Hmmm ... Jonah and Dina were not even processed/fingerprinted.

Now, a News 8 reenactment of the alleged hanging has raised new questions in the case.

The following table shows the results of the four test drops:

3wlk6.jpg

News 8 informed the sheriff's department about our results. A spokesperson issued a statement saying:
Your test was invalidated from the beginning. Even if you had the exact bed frame, you don't know the exact mattress (and weight). You don't know what was on the mattress (if anything), and you don't have the same carpet, padding, and indentations made by this particular piece of furniture. You cannot simulate the exact conditions of that particular night, and you don't know precisely how Rebecca went over the railing. While this suicide is unusual, it is not unprecedented and it would be an enigmatic homicide.

In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner said the reenactment raised major new questions about the case.
"You have dramatically different results from what the police had in the investigation and you've accounted for any variance on how much the bed weighed," said Bremner.
"This is huge. It means that this was staged," Bremner continued. "She (Rebecca) could not have gone over the edge and have the bed only move a few inches."
Bremner said the results of the reenactment were so dramatic, small variables in scene recreation likely would not have made a major difference.
"It didn't happen as a suicide," Bremner said. "Because if indeed she tied the ropes there and went over the edge that bed would have moved like it moved in your reenactment and it didn't."
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15940480/mansion-mystery-news-8-reenactment-reveals-new-questions

Well the sheriffs department had an exact bed frame, an exact mattress, an exact location, etc. And at first they were going to do a re-enactment but then they didn't. So now they can blame the press for not having the exact conditions. But why did they not do any of it themselves? Iron clad suicide, my ***.

Part II of the bed reenactment finally will raise the eyebrows of many people who haven't been following this case as closely. It's plain once you watch the News 8 reenactment that the Sheriff's Dept. did not employ their resources or any common sense in solving this crime. The Press Conference with the ironclad and the science were meant to pacify the public. As a resident of the county, I am appalled.

You know what also strikes me in those re-enactments...How much the railing moves when the "body" is tossed over. The the railing in the Spreckles mansion was really old. I wonder if there was any damage to the railing.

You know what also strikes me in those re-enactments...How much the railing moves when the "body" is tossed over. The the railing in the Spreckles mansion was really old. I wonder if there was any damage to the railing.

From the photos, not only there appears to be no damage to the railing, the dust appears to be barely disturbed on it. Which I don't understand at all. How could she have gotten over that railing on her own without disturbing the large amount of dust on it? She couldn't have jumped over it with bounds feet and hands.

Now, a News 8 reenactment of the alleged hanging has raised new questions in the case.

The following table shows the results of the four test drops:

3wlk6.jpg

News 8 informed the sheriff's department about our results. A spokesperson issued a statement saying:
Your test was invalidated from the beginning. Even if you had the exact bed frame, you don't know the exact mattress (and weight). You don't know what was on the mattress (if anything), and you don't have the same carpet, padding, and indentations made by this particular piece of furniture. You cannot simulate the exact conditions of that particular night, and you don't know precisely how Rebecca went over the railing. While this suicide is unusual, it is not unprecedented and it would be an enigmatic homicide.

In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner said the reenactment raised major new questions about the case.
"You have dramatically different results from what the police had in the investigation and you've accounted for any variance on how much the bed weighed," said Bremner.
"This is huge. It means that this was staged," Bremner continued. "She (Rebecca) could not have gone over the edge and have the bed only move a few inches."
Bremner said the results of the reenactment were so dramatic, small variables in scene recreation likely would not have made a major difference.
"It didn't happen as a suicide," Bremner said. "Because if indeed she tied the ropes there and went over the edge that bed would have moved like it moved in your reenactment and it didn't."
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15940480/mansion-mystery-news-8-reenactment-reveals-new-questions

Cynic, what do you think of the re-enactment - scientifically?

My view is that the re-enactment was a good visual simile to the actual crime scene, although the actors and designers had to make minor adjustments.

I think the dramatization could be redone more accurately if they had access to the actual crime scene -- if they were allowed to do the re-enactment at the Spreckels mansion with the identical bed, carpet, balcony, etc. and if they had used a test dummy in similar shape as RZ's instead of a bulk, cylindrical weight.

But all in all, I thought their taking into account the varying weights and height of hanging drop presented a fairly accurate depiction of the distance of bed movement had RZ actually jumped off balcony to a hanging death.

To me it was reasonable evidence discrediting RZ committed suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991