The case for murder

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading comments @ LATimes article that was referenced on this forum early yesterday. One "harried" poster kept referring to the remake of a movie called the Housemaid, made in South Korea. For the record...it is a movie that is our American equivalent of FATAL ATTRACTION. (IE Successful business man messes around/ with disasterous outcome) If one was doing business in South Korea during the time it came out on screen or viewed it in their South Korean hotel room....you couldn't miss it! http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00950664 All I am saying, is that many, many people could have purchased that video...especially if they had business travel in South Korea or the pacific rim. I own the movie Fatal Attraction, but it doesn't mean my life or death is a reflection of one movie found on a book shelf. The thought is preposterous!
And LASH, as always...you complete my thoughts. There was no mental health history for RZ...thanks for clarifying.

I was reading comments @ LATimes article that was referenced on this forum early yesterday. One "harried" poster kept referring to the remake of a movie called the Housemaid, made in South Korea. For the record...it is a movie that is our American equivalent of FATAL ATTRACTION. (IE Successful business man messes around/ with disasterous outcome) If one was doing business in South Korea during the time it came out on screen or viewed it in their South Korean hotel room....you couldn't miss it! http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00950664 All I am saying, is that many, many people could have purchased that video...especially if they had business travel in South Korea or the pacific rim. I own the movie Fatal Attraction, but it doesn't mean my life or death is a reflection of one movie found on a book shelf. The thought is preposterous!
And LASH, as always...you complete my thoughts. There was no mental health history for RZ...thanks for clarifying.

That movie has been available on AMAZON since it's release date........IMO, if the movie was at Spreckels, it was not purchased by RZ, and was likely planted there by the twins.

The autopsy concluded that Zahau was "alive when she went over the (second-floor) balcony" with a T-shirt wrapped around her neck, the medical examiner said. There was no evidence of a struggle or a sexual assault, or that she was rendered unconscious or incapacitated, adding that "her feet were dirty, consistent with standing on the dirty balcony," he said.

Though investigators don't know the order of events, they believe she removed her clothing, painted a message, cut a rope into sections, secured the long portion to a bed, bound her feet, placed the rope and the shirt around her neck, fashioned wrist bindings, secured her hands in the binding behind her back, moved to the balcony, leaned over the rail and fell, San Diego County sheriff's Sgt. Dave Nemeth said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/us/california-mansion-death-lawsuit

BBM - when I saw the pictures released recently, the dirt on Rebecca's feet did not look like dust. I am also wondering if it isn't obvious comparing pictures of the dust disturbance on the balcony with those pictures of her feet wouldn't obviously show the amount on her feet and distribution just doesn't match.

PURPLE BBM - just reading this makes one think it was written in an Onion article, not matter-of-factly states by someone from law enforcement investigators. And, why is the fact that Adam claimed the shirt was stuffed in her mouth left out in all the media articles and by the Sheriff's office.

If anyone has those two pictures handy can you please post them side-by-side.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/us/california-mansion-death-lawsuit

BBM - when I saw the pictures released recently, the dirt on Rebecca's feet did not look like dust. I am also wondering if it isn't obvious comparing pictures of the dust disturbance on the balcony with those pictures of her feet wouldn't obviously show the amount on her feet and distribution just doesn't match.

PURPLE BBM - just reading this makes one think it was written in an Onion article, not matter-of-factly states by someone from law enforcement investigators. And, why is the fact that Adam claimed the shirt was stuffed in her mouth left out in all the media articles and by the Sheriff's office.

If anyone has those two pictures handy can you please post them side-by-side.

Good point! Weren't there reports early in the investigation whereby LE stated there were NO prints or DNA found on the balcony or railing except maybe a small toeprint of ONE foot? How did LE reconcile that with the fact that Rebecca's feet were COVERED with dirt? I agree with you that the large amount of filthy smut under her feet and wedged in between her toes do not look like dust.

I hope the Zahau investigators were given the "dust" from the balcony floor to compare with the "dirt" that was found under her feet and toes. I am 99.99% certain the chemical composition between the balcony dust and the filthy dirt (which look more like grassy soil from the courtyard) from her feet/toes does not match. This would be PROOF-POSITIVE that Rebecca was murdered because no way, no how she could have accomplished a long-jump and hurled herself over the balcony railing with her feet tightly bound with rows and rows of rope and her hands tied behind her back without making ANY prints/DNA on the balcony floor or railing! And the grassy soil under her feet would suggest she was running in the courtyard, possibly from her attackers/murderers. That may be when the ear-witnesses heard Rebecca screaming for "HELP"!

Ah, yes, you are right! The dust would not be of the same composition. And it would be an easy test! Or would have been.

Dina has finally responded to this "cruel and baseless" lawsuit.......all the local SD media outlets are carrying it.

I really don't understand why Dina keeps insisting that Max was under the care of Rebecca......HE WAS UNDER THE CARE OF HIS FATHER JONAH............that is who she should be going after. He has the money which she wants and needs, IMO.

From your link: http://www.kpho.com/story/22858292/family-of-rebecca-zahau-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit

>>>snip

Dina Shacknai released this statement Tuesday afternoon:

"Today marks the second anniversary of the death of my only child, Maxfield Aaron Shacknai. He was six years old when he died while under the care of Rebecca Zahau.

"Yet today, instead of being able to merely mourn the loss of Maxie, my sister Nina Romano and I are dealing with a baseless lawsuit which has been filed against us. I have lost my only son and Nina has lost her only nephew. While we empathize with the Zahau family regarding their grief over the loss of Rebecca, for Nina and I to be named as parties to this frivolous lawsuit by the Zahau family is cruel and irresponsible. There is absolutely no truth to these allegations. Unfortunately, I have now been left with no alternative but to initiate significant measures to ensure the ongoing protection of myself, as well as my remaining family. The accusations are shameful and groundless and have no basis in fact or evidence.

"I respectfully ask that the public continue to keep us in their prayers as we remember Maxie on this somber occasion."

(article continues)

<<<snip
I wonder what she means by this part ^ I bolded?

Thanks for the link, Leomoon80!

I don't know what she meant by that, perhaps, just speaking out loud her private thoughts, like her newly founded organization, money, etc. How to protect it all.
Yet, as most civil cases go, I'd be really surprised if we (the public) hear any kind of new information, being forced to testify and answer questions, as many have lawyers and insurers, who would far rather settle with the one suing then risk taking a case to an open court like O.J. did. He had to testify and answer their questions. I doubt this will be the case, although there are so many questions yet unanswered.

Like what about that 10PM scream? Would the neighbor testify she heard it?
And if so, then what about the message from Dina to Rebecca (10:40?) was that a phone call or text message?

So many questions, no answers.

I don't know what she meant by that, perhaps, just speaking out loud her private thoughts, like her newly founded organization, money, etc. How to protect it all.
Yet, as most civil cases go, I'd be really surprised if we (the public) hear any kind of new information, being forced to testify and answer questions, as many have lawyers and insurers, who would far rather settle with the one suing then risk taking a case to an open court like O.J. did. He had to testify and answer their questions. I doubt this will be the case, although there are so many questions yet unanswered.

Like what about that 10PM scream? Would the neighbor testify she heard it?
And if so, then what about the message from Dina to Rebecca (10:40?) was that a phone call or text message?

So many questions, no answers.
There were 2 or 3 neighbors that heard the screams that night........

From your link: http://www.kpho.com/story/22858292/family-of-rebecca-zahau-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit

>>>snip

Dina Shacknai released this statement Tuesday afternoon:

"Today marks the second anniversary of the death of my only child, Maxfield Aaron Shacknai. He was six years old when he died while under the care of Rebecca Zahau.

"Yet today, instead of being able to merely mourn the loss of Maxie, my sister Nina Romano and I are dealing with a baseless lawsuit which has been filed against us. I have lost my only son and Nina has lost her only nephew. While we empathize with the Zahau family regarding their grief over the loss of Rebecca, for Nina and I to be named as parties to this frivolous lawsuit by the Zahau family is cruel and irresponsible. There is absolutely no truth to these allegations. Unfortunately, I have now been left with no alternative but to initiate significant measures to ensure the ongoing protection of myself, as well as my remaining family. The accusations are shameful and groundless and have no basis in fact or evidence.

"I respectfully ask that the public continue to keep us in their prayers as we remember Maxie on this somber occasion."

(article continues)

<<<snip
I wonder what she means by this part ^ I bolded?

Thanks for the link, Leomoon80!

I think it means she is announcing that she intends to move, hide, or conceal her true financial assets from the court for any judgement against her. But that's just how I interpret it. :)

I think it means she is announcing that she intends to move, hide, or conceal her true financial assets from the court for any judgement against her. But that's just how I interpret it. :)
Good luck to her if she tries to sell her PV home.....it's not that great, and there are many nicer homes on the market there.......for far less than she would want or expect to get.

On Tricia's True Crime Radio (online) she told Beth Karas she would send her a link to a reenactment of the Rebecca Zahau death done by someone here at Websleuths.

According to Tricia it makes a very convincing case (done to scale w/ precise measurements) as to why this could not be a suicide without defying the laws of physics.

I tried the Websleuths Search feature, but could not find it.

Can someone help me find it?

TIA

Here is an animation that I did based on the police theory of the case:

RZN-vid - YouTube

A few notes regarding the pictures that were used in the animation:
I resized a female to be 5 feet, 3 and a half inches using an assumption that the railing is 36&#8221; high.
The final hanging location is also based on the above assumption.
She is depicted as standing on the outside of the railing; she, of course, was on the inside.
She is depicted as bent over backwards because I wanted to show where the face would be.

Standing:
2yvtq1w.jpg

Bent:
1enj1i.jpg

Falling:
akd4ee.jpg

9&#8217; Mark:
2zow0t2.jpg

Final location 9&#8217;2&#8221;
n6t9b8.jpg

Where are the injuries?
2r4rf9y.jpg

The autopsy report says the following with respect to the head and torso of RN

Head:
On the central forehead there is a 1 x 1-3/4 inch group of three vertically oriented parallel, thin, linear abrasions measuring from inferior to superior, ½ inch, 5/8 inch, and 5/8 inch (discontinuous) respectively. The most inferior one is within ¼ inch of the medial edge of the left eyebrow. On the right upper forehead, just past the hairline, there is a ¼ red abrasion.

Torso:
None

So, given that her face would have be scraping over nearly 1 1/2 feet of railing, where is the injury to her nose???
More importantly, with her torso going over 2 feet of railing, why is there not a single abrasion or injury of any kind???

Maybe this is the reenactment from Cynic which Tricia was referring to?

Maybe this is the reenactment from Cynic which Tricia was referring to?

Thanks *Lash* for replying.

I did see this well done pictorial on Page 1 of this thread earlier.

Somehow I got the impression Tricia was referring to a far more detailed reenactment.

For example, a lot was made about the role the 151 pound bed played in this case.

San Diego's KFMB-TV did a reenactment back in November 2011. I was hoping for something similar to this.
http://www.examiner.com/article/tv-reenactment-questions-rebecca-zahau-suicide-finding

I think hinkymeter did a video reenactment also. She couldn't get over the railing IIRC.

I think Dina sunk her own boat by making the recent comments on the lawsuit. It's become painfully obvious over the past two years and with Dina claiming Max was murdered (with no precipitating events) and implicitly claiming that Rebecca was not murdered (with a huge precipitating event 1 1/2 days before, motive and opportunity on her part, and her past history) that...

Dina's claim Max was murdered = Justification for murdering Rebecca.

It appears even people not so familiar with the case can see this.

I think hinkymeter did a video reenactment also. She couldn't get over the railing IIRC.
I listened to the audio of Tricia's show again.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

At the 72:30 mark they began discussing this case. She said the Websleuths poster was cynic. So the animation *Lash* posted from Page 1 of this thread seems to be what Tricia was referring to.

Somehow I expected something more extensive. But this is not meant to diminish the fine work by cynic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991