The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what makes you think they haven't done that?

Because the sister publicly claims she has rights covered under California's criminal victim's rights act. I have a difficult time believing such misinformation actually came from a lawyer.

JMO

I have great sympathy for the Rebecca's family. But just because they don't agree with LE decisions doesn't mean they are entitled to receive the answers they want to receive nor are they entitled to claim victim's rights under California's victim rights law. Complaining to tabloid media that they have victim's rights makes me wonder about their hidden agenda, although it really isn't all that hidden.

Dina hasn't used the media to lob insults at LE the way Rebecca's family has done. At least I haven't seen her make any negative comments.

JMO

The Zahau's have nothing to hide thus they are not being quiet. Those that remain quiet IMO have something to hide. They are praying that this case goes away fast. They'll be waiting a long time for that.

The Zahau's have nothing to hide thus they are not being quiet. Those that remain quiet IMO have something to hide. They are praying that this case goes away fast. They'll be waiting a long time for that.

I absolutely agree with you that they've captured LE's attention. I think they've also captured the attention of the FBI, US Attorney as well as California's senior law enfocement.

Accusing multiple LE agencies of crimes and hiding something only invites closer scrutiny by LE if it is just words and no real evidence. I have yet to see any evidence the four LE agencies investigating the cases were nothing but fine, upstanding agencies of professional men and women.

JMO

I absolutely agree with you that they've captured LE's attention. I think they've also captured the attention of the FBI, US Attorney as well as California's senior law enfocement.

Accusing multiple LE agencies of crimes and hiding something only invites closer scrutiny by LE if it is just words and no real evidence. I have yet to see any evidence the four LE agencies investigating the cases were nothing but fine, upstanding agencies of professional men and women.
JMO

You may not know this, but there are something like close to 2,000 people that have signed petitions to the CA attorney general about a new, independent investigation.

So if you are suggesting that the Zahau family is being 'watched' by law enforcement for wrongdoing, then what in heaven's name do you think they should be prosecuted for? That sounds clearly like a threat! You may want to rexamine your words because it comes across very harsh for a family that just lost their loved one.

And the BBM part, my answer to that is you must believe in the tooth fairy.

I have great sympathy for the Rebecca's family. But just because they don't agree with LE decisions doesn't mean they are entitled to receive the answers they want to receive nor are they entitled to claim victim's rights under California's victim rights law. Complaining to tabloid media that they have victim's rights makes me wonder about their hidden agenda, although it really isn't all that hidden.

Dina hasn't used the media to lob insults at LE the way Rebecca's family has done. At least I haven't seen her make any negative comments.

JMO

..it's quite possible that LE isn't "refusing dina's calls and emails" so she has nothing to complain about.

..i'd also not call pointing out that LE isn't cooperating with them an 'insult', merely a fact.

..LE works for the public, they should be affording rebecca's family the same courtesy they would to anyone else-----if there is something they need to file to have access to information, LE should simply tell them so rather than ignore their calls and emails..

JMO

I would suggest that more evidence will be released in the near future. But that is just my own opinion, as the above is your opinion.

..it's quite unbelievable that they managed that search in a span of 2 hours.
..they pretty much had the entire place to check out:

Location, Property and/or Person(s) To Be Searched:

A)..The premises and all parts therein including all rooms, attics, crawl spaces, safes, mail receptacles, storage areas, containers, surrounding grounds, trash areas, garages, guest houses, car ports, outbuildings assigned to or part of the residence located at 1043 Ocean Blvd.

B)..A Toyota Sequoia , bearing Arizona plate #ACM4797,which is a white sedan parked inside the closed garage, and any other vehicles found to be under the control of the legal residents present at the above described residence, whether operable or in disrepair.

The vehicle(s) to be searched includes glove compartment, trunk, satchels, bags,containers and storage compartments.

BBM - I find this 2 hour "search" incredulous at the very least. I live in a house half the size of this mansion. I lost my glasses this morning have searched everywhere for them and 14 hours later, the glasses are still missing. Point is...searching a mansion for unknown clues and unknown evidence of a crime should take longer than 2 hours when looking for something that one doesn't really know they are looking for.

You may not know this, but there are something like close to 2,000 people that have signed petitions to the CA attorney general about a new, independent investigation.

So if you are suggesting that the Zahau family is being 'watched' by law enforcement for wrongdoing, then what in heaven's name do you think they should be prosecuted for? That sounds clearly like a threat! You may want to rexamine your words because it comes across very harsh for a family that just lost their loved one.

And the BBM part, my answer to that is you must believe in the tooth fairy.

Please don't accuse me of making threats. I noted my opinion, which is based on my knowledge of law enforcement and the approach to investigating criminal fraud. When someone accuses an LE agency of crimes, LE usually pays attention. When four different law enforcement agencies plus a publicly traded company CEO are being accused of collusion and corruption to the point a former U.S. Attorney is engaged to send a cease and desist letter, the feds also pay attention and so do those of us with an interest in criminal fraud.

In this case, the Cali AG has said there are very tight procedures for requesting another investigation and RZ's family attorney said she would be filing such a request. afaik, no mention was made by either the AG or the attorney about any petition.

JMO

..it's quite possible that LE isn't "refusing dina's calls and emails" so she has nothing to complain about.

..i'd also not call pointing out that LE isn't cooperating with them an 'insult', merely a fact.

..LE works for the public, they should be affording rebecca's family the same courtesy they would to anyone else-----if there is something they need to file to have access to information, LE should simply tell them so rather than ignore their calls and emails..

I don't know that there is a law that requires LE to answer anyone's calls or emails. The family does have an attorney who should know what needs to be filed. LE isn't paid by taxpayers to do the lawyer's job.

JMO

I don't know that there is a law that requires LE to answer anyone's calls or emails. The family does have an attorney who should know what needs to be filed. LE isn't paid by taxpayers to do the lawyer's job.

JMO

I don't believe there is any law as well, MyBelle. We are all aware the family does have an attorney and I'm sure she will be filing the necessary paperwork in short order. However, LE is paid by taxpayers. JMO

JMO

..i should hope that there isn't a LAW in place for a member of the public to get a response to an email sent to a public agency.

..whether they have an attorney or not isn't the point at all.

..if they are having difficulty getting copies of reports etc. that they even 'think' they are entitled to, there is absolutely no reason for LE not to pick up the phone and help them out with an explanation. i don't expect the sheriff to handle it, just whoever it is that would handle a call from anyone seeking information.

..i don't expect them to do the lawyer's job-----i expect them to do THEIRS though.

I don't believe there is any law as well, MyBelle. We are all aware the family does have an attorney and I'm sure she will be filing the necessary paperwork in short order. However, LE is paid by taxpayers. JMO

I look forward to her filing. I'm aware LE is paid by taxpayers however my comment that LE is not paid by taxpayers to do the job for the lawyer still stands.

JMO

..i should hope that there isn't a LAW in place for a member of the public to get a response to an email sent to a public agency.

..whether they have an attorney or not isn't the point at all.

..if they are having difficulty getting copies of reports etc. that they even 'think' they are entitled to, there is absolutely no reason for LE not to pick up the phone and help them out with an explanation. i don't expect the sheriff to handle it, just whoever it is that would handle a call from anyone seeking information.

..i don't expect them to do the lawyer's job-----i expect them to do THEIRS though.

members of the public aren't necessarily taxpayers. Specific to this case, which is closed, Rebecca's family aren't even taxpayers to the SDSO. That's my point. <modsnip>.

JMO

JMO

just what are you trying to suggest here? if you have any sympathy at all for Rebecca's family, you would understand why they are going to such great lengths to get the answers that they want in Rebecca's suicide. Seriously, I understand if you are pro suicide and you support the findings of the LE, but you seem to have such a hostile tone towards Rebecca and her family, which makes me wonder why? Why do you seem so angry at them just because they refuse to believe the LE's findings of suicide? Have you ever considered the possibility that if the LE had done a better job in explaining things to the family, and were not so cold and dismissive to them, and were more thorough in preventing pics of her naked body to be leaked to the media, then the Zahaus would have less reason to distrust them?

And btw, what makes you so sure that the LE were very thorough in their investigation of this case? it's not unheard of for the police and even sometimes the ME to overlook something important in an investigation, like what happened to the murder of Jessica Chan. The Zahaus are now just asking the police to give back Rebecca's personal belongings and to provide them the police report regarding her death.

I don't know why you think that the LE cannot withstand a family publicly disagreeing with their findings. If the LE are so confident that it was suicide, they would have no reason to be so defensive nor would they have any reason to withhold any information from the deceased's family. The police are meant to help protect and serve the people, NOT the other way around.

Respectfully snipped by me:

JMO

I truly believe that Dina has spoken to LE in SDSO and CPD MANY times, according to an insider who is confirmed to be one on this site. If the LE offices involved see fit to answer Dinah or Jonah's questions, they should also be consistent and extend the same curtesy to any other citizen with questions. A large part of LE duties and responsibility is public relations.

JMO

Links please, to where the Zahau family has accused multiple agencies of crimes. IMHO, those agencies have invited the scrutiny upon themselves, by refusing to address concerns that MANY people have voiced to them, including experts in lie detector tests, medical examinations, and more.

I look forward to her filing. I'm aware LE is paid by taxpayers however my comment that LE is not paid by taxpayers to do the job for the lawyer still stands.

JMO

I really can not understand your point. This honestly does not make sense. The lawyer for any client can not go into the LE headquarters and copy records, go to the storage area and release personal effects. The family has requested the items and reports. LE is obligated under the law to provide them. It has NOTHING to do with Anne Bremner and everything to do with the LAW.

members of the public aren't necessarily taxpayers. Specific to this case, which is closed, Rebecca's family aren't even taxpayers to the SDSO. That's my point. All this bashing of the SDSO seems to me to be without basis.

JMO

If SDSO does not in any way rely on federal dollars and cents, I would be highly surprised. Federal dollars, means that anyone who pays taxes are in fact taxpayers.

Are you trying to say that if a husband and wife go to NYC, on a vacation and one of them is killed, the family is not entitled to get any records or aide, as they do not live in NYC, so as travelers they do not support NYC? If this is your point, please show me a link to the financial records of the SDSO, who gets county dollars, which are subsidized by the state of CA, which are subsidized by the US Government and please, make your point after doing so, as in my opinion, the Zahau family is entitled to any and all services that the CPD and the SDSO provides.

just what are you trying to suggest here? if you have any sympathy at all for Rebecca's family, you would understand why they are going to such great lengths to get the answers that they want in Rebecca's suicide. Seriously, I understand if you are pro suicide and you support the findings of the LE, but you seem to have such a hostile tone towards Rebecca and her family, which makes me wonder why? Why do you seem so angry at them just because they refuse to believe the LE's findings of suicide? Have you ever considered the possibility that if the LE had done a better job in explaining things to the family, and were not so cold and dismissive to them, and were more thorough in preventing pics of her naked body to be leaked to the media, then the Zahaus would have less reason to distrust them?

And btw, what makes you so sure that the LE were very thorough in their investigation of this case? it's not unheard of for the police and even sometimes the ME to overlook something important in an investigation, like what happened to the murder of Jessica Chan. The Zahaus are now just asking the police to give back Rebecca's personal belongings and to provide them the police report regarding her death.

I don't know why you think that the LE cannot withstand a family publicly disagreeing with their findings. If the LE are so confident that it was suicide, they would have no reason to be so defensive nor would they have any reason to withhold any information from the deceased's family. The police are meant to help protect and serve the people, NOT the other way around.

Excellent post. :great:

I'm supportive of any family pursuing answers. I'm not supportive of anyone bashing multiple law enforcement agencies, accusing them of bias, cover-ups and crimes unless they present evidence and so far, none has been presented.

There is right way to go about pursuing answers. Using slander, libel and tabloid media isn't the right way in my opinion. I view it as a form of extortion.

JMO

I'm supportive of any family pursuing answers. I'm not supportive of anyone bashing multiple law enforcement agencies, accusing them of bias, cover-ups and crimes unless they present evidence and so far, none has been presented.

There is right way to go about pursuing answers. Using slander, libel and tabloid media isn't the right way in my opinion. I view it as a form of extortion.

JMO

Links to the bashing, slander and libel please. TIA

JMO

I think that they have every right to question the le considering how much evidence they have found themselves ie..phone records, additional footprints, head trauma, all of which the le did not come forward with. I don't think that they have bashed any law enforcement agencies. And would love to see the links to back those statements up. They have every right to bring this evidence to the le attention and ask for answers. Mo

Victims Rights are all spelled out right here. I don't see suicide listed anywhere as a covered criminal act. I would think any lawyer could understand this without the need to be polically connected.

http://ag.ca.gov/victimservices/marsys_law.php

FAQs
Serving Victims
1.Who is a victim?
Prior to the passage of Proposition 9, “Victim” was defined under the Penal Code “as the person against whom a crime had been committed.” With the passage of Proposition 9, “victim” as used in the California Constitution article I, § 28 is defined as “a person who suffers direct or threatened physical, psychological, or financial harm as a result of the commission or attempted commission of a crime or delinquent act. The term ‘victim’ also includes the person’s spouse, parents, children, siblings, or guardian, and includes a lawful representative of a crime victim who is deceased, a minor, or physically or psychologically incapacitated.

The term ‘victim’ does not include a person in custody for an offense, the accused, or a person whom the court finds would not act in the best interests of a minor victim.” (Cal. Const., art. I, § 28(e).)

I see your quote about victims. I am stating that the Zahou family deserves the same access and treatment that the shacknai family appears to have with LE, case notes and property needs to be returned. I fail to see anything in the quote that refers to that. I have yet to see any letters written by the Zahou family on the LE website...:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett